Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Stop being ridiculous kafkod, everyone knows Canelo from the Mayweather fight..... next to nobody bought the Lemieux fight, Canelo sold over 2mil PPV with Mayweather,
    And they were all in America, stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
      Canelo before the Myweather fight.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eight/2802237/

All Canelo has to do is replace the 154 with 160 and it's the same thing.

From your link.....

" so we could make the fight, I said, 'If anything, I'll give up two pounds. I'll go up to 152. I agreed to that "

~ Canelo "willing-to-do-what-it-takes-to-make-the-fight" Alvarez

Did you post the wrong link ?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post

What a fine pic !

Would look great in your avi

Comment

And they were all in America, stupid.

1) who cares

2) what difference does it make ?

Canelo is a bigger star than Golovkin, end of story.

Comment

From your link.....

" so we could make the fight, I said, 'If anything, I'll give up two pounds. I'll go up to 152. I agreed to that "

~ Canelo "willing-to-do-what-it-takes-to-make-the-fight" Alvarez

Did you post the wrong link ?
            Not at all.

Canelo once said that he would NOT go down to 154 to fight Mayweather. Motnhs later, he did go down. Just pointing out what he's forcing GGG to do, he was completely against when it was forced on him.

I've been on record for saying I think GGG-Canelo gets made at a CW of 157-159 instead of 155, just like how Canelo-Mayweather was on 152 instead of 147/150 (like Mayweather originally demanded).

Where's the problem?

Comment

1) who cares

2) what difference does it make ?

Canelo is a bigger star than Golovkin, end of story.
              We were discussing how big GGG and Canelo are outside the USA, remember?

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                Not at all.

Canelo once said that he would NOT go down to 154 to fight Mayweather. Motnhs later, he did go down. Just pointing out what he's forcing GGG to do, he was completely against when it was forced on him.

I've been on record for saying I think GGG-Canelo gets made at a CW of 157-159 instead of 155, just like how Canelo-Mayweather was on 152 instead of 147/150 (like Mayweather originally demanded).

Where's the problem?
                Golovkin flatly refused to negotiate with Canelo on the weight.

Despite the fact that he is happy to fight Brook at 157, despite the fact that he was willing to fight Mayweather at 154, and despite the fact that he has requested a catchweight previously and then justified that request by stating that he is the A-side.

If you are correct, then no problem..... but they were ordered to fight immediately after Cotto/Canelo and yet the fight did not happen because Golovkin refused to negotiate on the weight.

Comment

We were discussing how big GGG and Canelo are outside the USA, remember?

No, I don't remember you saying that, you said.....

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  If GGG unifies all the belts at 160 he will be a bigger star than Canelo

Besides, how is that relevant ?

Golovkin sold 150k, wherever..... and Canelo sold 2.2mil, wherever.

2.2mil > 250k

Comment

Golovkin flatly refused to negotiate with Canelo on the weight.

Despite the fact that he is happy to fight Brook at 157, despite the fact that he was willing to fight Mayweather at 154, and despite the fact that he has requested a catchweight previously and then justified that request by stating that he is the A-side.

If you are correct, then no problem..... but they were ordered to fight immediately after Cotto/Canelo and yet the fight did not happen because Golovkin refused to negotiate on the weight.
                    Yea, and I'm calling his bluff. Just like Canelo agreed to a CW after he said he wouldn't negotiate the weight with Mayweather months ago, I think GGG is doing the same thing and will agree to a CW that Canelo will agree to go up to (157-159).

And not sure what you are talking about there considering DLH has said that the fight needs time to marinate (he outright said 2017), so not sure why you are acting like the reason the fight hasn't happened is because of GGG alone.
                    Last edited by Raonic; 03-16-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• GGG team already agree , GGG coach come out saying Canelo can come in at 155, we come in at 160 .. there you go fight is on

Comment

Working...
                      X