Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Lmfao this is gold

Time for GGG to fight Jacobs or Saunders cause ain't no way Canelo getting in that ring with him
    or saunders its looking like ggg gonna have to move up to 168 to get any competition which is good for boxing fans. maybe its just me but even ggg vs saunders is not really appealing at all. jacobs i suppose would be ok but its not really even a big fight honestly. it might not made sense a year ago to move up but now it does imo

Comment

• Yes, indeed. Why, Canelo, are the five pounds such a big deal?

Enlighten everyone, please.

Comment

• "Canelo considers himself to be a junior middleweight and claims he can still make the limit of 154 with ease. He says the fight with Khan is at 155 in order to have his WBC title at stake."

Yet he's defending against a guy who has had minimal success anywhere above 140? That the WBC has no problem sanctioning this bout just adds to all this ****ery!

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          Yes he will. What do you think he will do after Khan to avoid Golov, vacate?
          How do you work that one out....canelo has already stated that he won't move from 155 and he has also said that golovkin must come down to him....so there are just 3 options....that's he fights golovkin but only if golovkin comes down to him....2nd he gets stripped for failing to face his number one mandatory....or last option...he vacates the title and then moves back down to 154 which is what he is saying in this story....that he can make 154 easy....so your either stupid or you can't read...canelo after Khan has to face his mandatory and that challenger can weigh up to 160...and that mandatory is gennady golovkin....it sure sounds to me that canelo has no intention of facing golovkin...but if he does face I will be pleasantly surprised

Comment

So you think they ordered negotiations 15 days after the Khan fight for the sake of it?
            You mean the same 15 day period they mandated after the Cotto fight?
            Don't be so gullible.
            The LAST thing that GGG and his team want is Canelo to vacate or be stripped. Its his last shot at a career payday. There are no other PPV worthy fights out there for him.
            Does he want the title? Sure he does, but the bigger prize is the payday that comes with it. Its why they will continue to take step aside money or take the terms given to them at 155. They have no leverage. They don't bring the money they think they do. GGG has no other options to get paid. Canelo can fight a host of other guys and make the same money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              How do you work that one out....canelo has already stated that he won't move from 155 and he has also said that golovkin must come down to him....so there are just 3 options....that's he fights golovkin but only if golovkin comes down to him....2nd he gets stripped for failing to face his number one mandatory....or last option...he vacates the title and then moves back down to 154 which is what he is saying in this story....that he can make 154 easy....so your either stupid or you can't read...canelo after Khan has to face his mandatory and that challenger can weigh up to 160...and that mandatory is gennady golovkin....it sure sounds to me that canelo has no intention of facing golovkin...but if he does face I will be pleasantly surprised
              Oscar and Canelo clearly have Golovkin in their sight once the Khan fight is over with, let's refresh our memories:

-Oscar and WBC entertain the idea of a double header to build up a September 2016 fight, ok they didn't turn out to fight on the same bill but fighting only a few weeks apart everyone will still be talking about this matchup, just like Canelo-Trout and May-Guerrero.

- Part of the official quotes from Oscar during the Canelo-Khan announcement 'The Golovkin fight is going to happen, believe me," De La Hoya said. "We are looking forward to it."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-khan-was-made

This quote seems to fly under the radar, probably because everyone was sidetracked by this announcement of Khan but clearly Oscar is indicating the fight will happen after.

Then there is this idea that Canelo will drag him down to 155, that's why i asked if you think he vacates because if not i doubt that will happen. But why would he wait until after the Khan fight to vacate KNOWING he would only have 15 days to negotiate with Golovkin straight after? because he's not gonna vacate, he's gonna fight him!!! If he was gonna vacate to avoid him he would've done it by now.
              Last edited by Caught Square; 03-16-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                You mean the same 15 day period they mandated after the Cotto fight?
                Don't be so gullible.
                The LAST thing that GGG and his team want is Canelo to vacate or be stripped. Its his last shot at a career payday. There are no other PPV worthy fights out there for him.
                Does he want the title? Sure he does, but the bigger prize is the payday that comes with it. Its why they will continue to take step aside money or take the terms given to them at 155. They have no leverage. They don't bring the money they think they do. GGG has no other options to get paid. Canelo can fight a host of other guys and make the same money.
                Canelo can fight a host of other guys and make the same money? I think you might be underestimating the magnitude of this fight.

They do have leverage, they are mandatory! that's why they aren't budging on 160, they are in a great position.

Comment

Canelo can fight a host of other guys and make the same money? I think you might be underestimating the magnitude of this fight.

They do have leverage, they are mandatory! that's why they aren't budging on 160, they are in a great position.
                  If being mandatory was worth anything they would be fighting for the title by now. Mr. Step aside had no leverage to force Cotto to fight and even less with Canelo. Bottom line is they will take the terms given to them or they can fight another bum for the title for a fraction of the cost. Khan is guaranteed $8 million for this fight. GGG would get more than that for a Canelo fight. GGG can't make half that fighting anyone else the rest of his career. Again, he has no leverage to force Canelo to fight him, which is a bigger prize than the title itself.

Comment

• The "concern" is that your supposed to be the Middleweight Champion of the World! The weight LIMIT for that is 160 pounds NOT 155lbs!!!!
                    You really have to be a moron to not understand this!
                    You can weigh 155 and defend but yoiu can NOT demand your opponent to do the same!
                    Middle Weights limit is 160lbs. NOt 155lbs.

Give the belt up Canelo! Hell you fight at 170+ anyway.

Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by ssc73 View Post
                      He might be able to.......but this have for the Jr MW title.......it's for the MW title ace whip you fight at what weight mashed a difference. I think GGG would crush him either way......but he has the iron to do it at proper weight. Canelo cab take ur ur leave it but if he leaves it? He loses half his faithful buyers........guaranteed

And even he refuses to fight GGG, guess who the a-dude will be if Canelo and his team grow a set??

What do you mean " might be able to " ?

He said he CAN beat anyone at 154.

He is either a liar, or he needs to start being a man of his word.

Heard all those promises before.

Comment

Working...
                      X