Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Golovkin flatly refused to negotiate with Canelo on the weight.

Despite the fact that he is happy to fight Brook at 157, despite the fact that he was willing to fight Mayweather at 154, and despite the fact that he has requested a catchweight previously and then justified that request by stating that he is the A-side.

If you are correct, then no problem..... but they were ordered to fight immediately after Cotto/Canelo and yet the fight did not happen because Golovkin refused to negotiate on the weight.
    Correction ... the fight didn't happen because Canelo asked permission to make a voluntary defence first and Golovkin agreed to let him do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Yea, you're right.....he should drop the belt, like I said.....

That does not change the fact that Canelo qualifies for a reasonable catchweight according to YOUR criteria.

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought AT middleweight

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought A middleweight

FACT: Canelo is OBVIOUSLY an entitled, unprofessional, JMW

Golovkin can either cry about it, or he can man up and fight, like he promised for the last 3 years..... they were willing to fight Kell Brook at 157 FFS
      I should've been more specific, I meant in a non-title fight. I think that if it's going to be for a belt, then there should be no weight limit. I mean, I get why Canelo does it, but it doesn't make sense to me against someone like Khan. It's not like he's a big guy who'll be cutting down from 175 or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        If belts don't matter why did Cotto pay GGG nearly $1 million so he could keep hold of his till he fought Canelo, and why is Canelo wriggling around like a fish on a hook trying to keep hold of that same belt now?

And I've got news for you ... there are 6 billion people in the world, and about 95% of them have never even heard of Mexican Independance Day weekend or Cinco de Whatever-da-Fuck you call it.

That's where Golovkin is building his fan base now. Here in the UK, he's at least as well known as Canelo already and obviously much better known in Asia, Russia, Australia etc.
        Who the hell is talking about 95% of the entire population? Among fight fans those are the two biggest weekends and it's because a significant portion of PPV buys in the US come from Mexican American fans. It's why Oscar made his name fighting on those dates and later Mayweather cornered those dates and now Canelo owns those dates for the foreseeable future. No one gives a **** about the UK market. It's why you stay up past your bedtime to watch fights in our timezone.
        GGG will never be as popular as Canelo. He is too old to build a fan base as he only has a few years left in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Who the hell is talking about 95% of the entire population? Among fight fans those are the two biggest weekends and it's because a significant portion of PPV buys in the US come from Mexican American fans. It's why Oscar made his name fighting on those dates and later Mayweather cornered those dates and now Canelo owns those dates for the foreseeable future. No one gives a **** about the UK market. It's why you stay up past your bedtime to watch fights in our timezone.
          GGG will never be as popular as Canelo. He is too old to build a fan base as he only has a few years left in his prime.
          I was talking about GGG's fan base worldwide, slow boy. Boxing in the US is dying on it's feet because of divas like Canelo and idiots like you who pay through the nose to make them rich while up and coming fighters can't get a break and you are too dumb to realise it even now.

PPV doe ... PPV ...

Comment

I was talking about GGG's fan base worldwide, slow boy. Boxing in the US is dying on it's feet because of divas like Canelo and idiots like you who pay through the nose to make them rich while up and coming fighters can't get a break and you are too dumb to realise it even now.

PPV doe ... PPV ...
            Yeah your right, GGG is a bigger star around the world than Canelo......

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              Yeah your right, GGG is a bigger star around the world than Canelo......
              Golovkin has more credibility. Canelo is a diva. That's what the world thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                Golovkin has more credibility. Canelo is a diva. That's what the world thinks.
                No that's what you think. You don't speak for the entire world or boxing fans. Get out of the boxing scene bubble. This board represents a small fraction of boxing fans, much less the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  a call out is a call out except when ggg called ward out and ward said he wasn't ready. and later when a-side ggg tried to fight ward at 164 you supported that right? oh no you said ggg ducked ward because ward called him out and b-side ward wanted a 50-50 split. all that a-side business went right out the window. convenient!
                  Ward wasn't ready. He was still fighting contract nonsense. Doesn't excuse him, but he didn't lie.

And I question GGG trying to bring Ward down in weight when GGG walks around at 165. But that's none of my business.

Comment

Correction ... the fight didn't happen because Canelo asked permission to make a voluntary defence first and Golovkin agreed to let him do it.
                    I can't swear to this because I'm not sure exactly how things went down, but reading between the lines I'd say Canelo / DLH said they weren't fighting GGG next regardless of weight - but that they might fight him later in the year. Loeffler had the choice then of pushing the WBC to strip which would have made the fight far less likely in the future or gritting their teeth, biding their time, taking the money and hoping that Canelo would fight him later. Though I get the reasoning I think they'll be disappointed - and they'll look like utter chumps if they let it happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                      Yea, and I'm calling his bluff. Just like Canelo agreed to a CW after he said he wouldn't negotiate the weight with Mayweather months ago, I think GGG is doing the same thing and will agree to a CW that Canelo will agree to go up to (157-159).

And not sure what you are talking about there considering DLH has said that the fight needs time to marinate (he outright said 2017), so not sure why you are acting like the reason the fight hasn't happened is because of GGG alone.

Oh, it was a " bluff " was it ?

Well, your " bluff " killed the fight, so yea..... that's bull****.

The Cotto/Canelo winner was order to face Golovkin, but Team Hypekin flatly refused to negotiate on the weight, which is why they didn't fight.

So yea..... that's bull****.

Comment

Working...
                      X