Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Again, MW is not 160lbs. It's 154.1 - 160. With that said, Canelo is free to weigh in anywhere he wants within the MW limits. The problem occurs when he tries to force other MW's to weigh in at 155 rather than up to 160!
    Again a LIMIT of 155lbs is a CATCHWEIGHT.
    A LIMIT of 160lbs is MIDDLEWEIGHT
    Weighing in at 155lbs with a LIMIT of at/under 160lbs is within the MIDDLEWEIGHT limit.

Enough of this dumb horse **** from Canelo apologists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
      Yes he will. What do you think he will do after Khan to avoid Golov, vacate?
      I think the WBC doesn't force Canelo to vacate. Already the WBC president has basically said, "Yo, the middleweight division is anywhere between 154 and 160. Let the two fighters negotiate whatever they want. Up to them."

If Golovkin/Canelo can't make a deal, well that's too bad for GGG. He can stick to the other 45,000 MW belts out there.

Comment

• That's a load of ****! I'm from Australia and most boxing fans have heard of GGG and not Canelo. Have you considered that GGG is more well known internationally than ginger. I've been buying GGG's PPV fights for over 3 years. GGG has been quietly making money for some time.
        Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Yeah if anything fighting at 155 benefited Cotto and Khab more than Canelo. Now asking a fighter to come down to 155 is different.

Business wise I think he's saying ggg at 155 is more about a money negotiations tool. Ggg gonna have to give up more $$$$ for every Pound above 155. If GGG insists in getting 50/50 and 160 he's a ******. And I'll blame him for the fight not happening. But if Canelo stay at 155 and rips him off in the money I'll blame Canelo.

I would say every Pound is worth about 5% Of the Split.

155lbs 50/50 split or at worse 55-45.
        160lbs 70/30.

Ggg can take it or leave it...Which would be fair.

No one knows GGG outside die hards fans Or his trainer and promotor.

A LOT of fans know Golden Boy and Hopkins and Canelo.

Comment

• Scared if GGG! Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            I think the WBC doesn't force Canelo to vacate. Already the WBC president has basically said, "Yo, the middleweight division is anywhere between 154 and 160. Let the two fighters negotiate whatever they want. Up to them."

If Golovkin/Canelo can't make a deal, well that's too bad for GGG. He can stick to the other 45,000 MW belts out there.
            He told me and many others that weight is not a reason to stop Canelo from being stripped. That he cant say well I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post

So you think they ordered negotiations 15 days after the Khan fight for the sake of it?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Last October, Team Golovkin stated that Gennady can beat anyone at 154.

So, either..... Golovkin is nothing but a fkn LIAR, or he can make 154.

Which is it ?
                Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                FACT: you clowns will NEVER hold Hypekin to his bull****
                Andre Ward said he could make 160 for Floyd, but he wouldn't go to 164 for GGG.

Why don't you go and post **** in every Andre Ward thread calling him a liar?

Floyd fought Cotto at 154, but he made Canelo come down to 152. That's fine with you though, I guess.

FACT: Golovkin doesn't need to go to 154 or 155 to fight for a 160lb title.

Get it?
                Last edited by kafkod; 03-16-2016, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by techdude69 View Post
                  That's a load of ****! I'm from Australia and most boxing fans have heard of GGG and not Canelo. Have you considered that GGG is more well known internationally than ginger. I've been buying GGG's PPV fights for over 3 years. GGG has been quietly making money for some time.
                  I would think GGG is better known in the UK than Canelo is now.

I keep telling these "Mr 97k" idiots that Golovkin's fights to good numbers internationally. I'm sure he does have more fans worldwide than Canelo.

I watched GGG/Lemieux on Boxnation in the UK. It was screened in over 100 countries worldwide and I know it was PPV in Australia, Russia and the Philippines, probably many other countries too.

Even those TV companies that didn't sell the fight PPV would have paid K2 a licence fee to screen it.

If Golovkin can unify all the belts at 160 he will become a bigger name in the sport with more fans than Canelo, that's for sure. And he doesn't need to fight him to achieve that, he just needs that belt Canelo is holding.

Comment

• pretty soon canelo's b1tch ass will be forced to move up he will have trouble making caneloweight.

Comment

• If you're not willing to fight at the full weight limit of a division, then you shouldn't hold a title there or even have a damn fight there. I can understand catchweights if they're between two champions between two divisions, but if you're trying to defend your title or have a full on fight in a division, then cut that ****. All these 155, 152, 145, 159, etc catchweights are wack.

Comment

Working...
                      X