Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forreal doe, dat was mo' entertaining than any boxing I've seen this year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the newest UFC goat lost to a guy who was 3-3 in his last six fights? I get how the fact that MMA is less predictable excites some people. For me, it makes it just feel random. The UFC has about a goat or two a year where in boxing I can follow a great fighter for a decade. Whatever you enjoy. I see the appeal of both but I personally enjoy watching upsets that seem more meaningful. Two UFC upsets tonight and on to the next.

Comment

Originally posted by #CaneloKhan View Post
      You guys do realize Conor didnt move up 20 pounds right? lol he just didnt have to drain himself. He was fighting at his figth night weight so was diaz.
      But, but, but hez faut da biga manz doe, reeezpek doe!!!! 168 vs 169 is 20pownz doe

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Connor'sgoing to suffer a lot to me. Let's face it Diaz is a 155er not 170. Connor was going to fight at 155 regardless. He needs to beat Nate in a rematch or he takes a huge hit.

And I think he can win a rematch too. He cut Nate up early and got too ****y. I keep telling people that. They say I'm just making excuses but it's true. If McGregor uses his feet and fights with angles like Cruz does then he would beat Diaz with ease.

That said if he loses...the aura is just gone. I'm not even sure he can make 145 for much longer either.
        In a rematch it will be worse for Conor, it took Nate 1 and a half round to find his timing and once he got it he took over, He ate Conor best shot and wasnt even wobbled, Conor cant beat him on the ground. A rematch will only be worse for Conor as Nate will have at least sparred (he didnt for this fight 10 days noticed) and have a clue of what to do.

Comment

I just watched it and didn't find it exciting at all. It was lime watching two drunks throwing punches. If you find that exciting then Boxing isn't for you.

Comment

If you think that low skilled **** is better than boxing you were never a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              canelo cotto was last year.
              Dont expect intelligence from a MMA fan posting on a BOXING forum doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                See, as fun as it was and it's more so because of the element of surprise when your watching it live, it's not something I'd watch again. It was sloppy and exactly the reason why I'm not a fan of UFC. Cotto-Canelo was far more enjoyable IMO, I'm sure there are more fights that were that's not coming to me.
                Exactly my thoughts. In general, boxing has more replay value because they're way more skilled. In Cotto canelo you're watching two fighters displaying skills that took a lifetime to perfect, where as McGregor Diaz is like 2 years of movement drills done at a park. Fun while it lasted, but not really effective fighting.

Comment

the most popular boxer in the world spends his career at a catchweight 1 pound above his former division

the most popular mma fighter in the world moves from 145 to 170 lbs against a substitute opponent on 10 days notice
                  Last edited by ////; 03-06-2016, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I gotta agree, UFC can be entertaining at times (when two guys are standing and fighting and not jumping on each others ass for 15 minutes) but the quality is seriously lacking when one of the top guys loses to a man who is a UFC journeyman. It's quite sad actually.

The UFC can not maintain a single star because, in all honesty, there are no stars. UFC sells on it's brand and the odd stand out who comes along and then disappears. I can't take a sport like that seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      I gotta agree, UFC can be entertaining at times (when two guys are standing and fighting and not jumping on each others ass for 15 minutes) but the quality is seriously lacking when one of the top guys loses to a man who is a UFC journeyman. It's quite sad actually.

The UFC can not maintain a single star because, in all honesty, there are no stars. UFC sells on it's brand and the odd stand out who comes along and then disappears. I can't take a sport like that seriously.
                      Its a damned if you do damned if you dont deal. You want more exciting fights but at the time same you want a recognized skill level. Hard to get both. Its the reason why even with boxings abc champions its even harder to take a UFC champ serious as a champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X