• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    Are you not a boxing fan? Also wait for Francisco Vargas vs Salido in June
    That's gonna be a good ass fight

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Yeah there was some solid boxing on tonight too. Ali/Vargas and Douglas/Khurtsidze were pretty thrilling.
      Missed Ali-Vargas (didn't rate Vargas being all that good and had nor real interest in Ortiz-Thompson, tbh). will catch it when it pops up on YouTube, as it sounds like it was a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        Well he started head hunting and didn't attack the body like he did with Mendes.

He also needs to seriously improve his ground game. I heard he's a black belt, but I seriously doubt that. Even if he is, there are different levels. He got his from Ireland and Diaz got his black belt from Cesar Gracie. Conor looked like a fish out of water when they got taken down.

I think he'll recover and be fine. I don't think his drawing power will take a hit.
        He got subbed because.he was.hurt and gassed. I really don't think Connor would have been in that situation if he wasn't hurt or gassed. He panicked it seemed. I thino he will recover just fine. He would win a rematch too if he moved and boxed.

Comment

Are you not a boxing fan? Also wait for Francisco Vargas vs Salido in June
          I most certainly am. But let's stop acting like boxing is bringing the drama and excitement that ufc is. It's not.

Comment

See, as fun as it was and it's more so because of the element of surprise when your watching it live, it's not something I'd watch again. It was sloppy and exactly the reason why I'm not a fan of UFC. Cotto-Canelo was far more enjoyable IMO, I'm sure there are more fights that were that's not coming to me.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              I most certainly am. But let's stop acting like boxing is bringing the drama and excitement that ufc is. It's not.
              There was plenty of drama in the Breazeale vs Mansour fight. The undefeated prospect steps up and gets dropped by the hard hitting and aggressive veteran. Then he comes back after taking a beating and breaks his jaw.

Comment

I don't follow the sport but this McGregor guy, to get touched by the jab repeatedly like that, it was only common that the straight left was gonna hit home. Not once did he try to break Diaz rhythm but I don't have much else to add, don't really follow the sport although it can be enjoyable to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Guess you missed the Showtime card, which delivered another good night of fights (two competitive bouts and the showcase performance by Williams).

Have fun though
                  Showtime bumlicker right here guys.

Comment

There was plenty of drama in the Breazeale vs Mansour fight. The undefeated prospect steps up and gets dropped by the hard hitting and aggressive veteran. Then he comes back after taking a beating and breaks his jaw.
                    I enjoyed that fight as well. But the reality is tonight ufc delivered that drama on its biggest stage. Boxing time after time flops on its biggest stage. There's a major difference in their product at the highest level.

Comment

Somebody didn't watch the first half of the Showtime or HBO cards tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X