Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Couldn't Hurt Cotto, What Happens With GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBC actually cleared the weight thing up a few times

WBC told me the mandatory can't be forced down in weight. Canelo can't use weight to keep from getting stripped.

Originally posted by goodvibes View Post
    It hardly means anything honestly.

Bradley TKO'd Rios. He also got badly hurt against Jessie Vargas.

Martinez dropped Guerrero.

Broner dropped Porter.

Khan almost took out Maidana in the first round.

Just a trainer pumping his guy up like he should be. Nothing more, nothing less.

Guys get dropped/KO'd all the time by people with "no power"
    Sure, but we don't base predictions on things just because surprises hapoen.

Originally posted by shaps29 View Post
    There is no way Canelos first fight at 160 will be vs GGG. If he was seriously considering fighting at 160 this upcoming fight would be at 160 vs Willie Monroe or someone like that. He will insist on 155 and GGG will need to make a decision. Canelo is the cash cow. Would wbc strip for not fighting at full weight?
    Yes, just like they stripped Sergio and Ward,

Originally posted by Xoahr View Post
    If they have an agreement in writing that both fighters will take an interim fight then Canelo will fight his mandatory in Autumn, then Canelo refuses and the WBC refuse to strip - that would allow GGG to sue Canelo and the WBC.
    Your right. I read the court documents, the WBC's actually cost him money, which is why the WBC lost the case.

Once they gave K2 a contract stating Canelo had to fight or lose title, team GGG new they didn't have to bend on weight.

And after Khan, Canelo us under a lot of pressure from Mexican greats to face GGG.

GGG is gonna say Canelo is willing to let weak chained Khan come up 8 pounds, but Canelo himself is complaining about 5.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
        WBC told me the mandatory can't be forced down in weight. Canelo can't use weight to keep from getting stripped.

Your right. I read the court documents, the WBC's actually cost him money, which is why the WBC lost the case.

Once they gave K2 a contract stating Canelo had to fight or lose title, team GGG new they didn't have to bend on weight.

And after Khan, Canelo us under a lot of pressure from Mexican greats to face GGG.

GGG is gonna say Canelo is willing to let weak chained Khan come up 8 pounds, but Canelo himself is complaining about 5.

ahahah you fkn muppet

Comment

Progressive Jedi

Comment

Originally posted by shaps29 View Post
            There is no way Canelos first fight at 160 will be vs GGG. If he was seriously considering fighting at 160 this upcoming fight would be at 160 vs Willie Monroe or someone like that. He will insist on 155 and GGG will need to make a decision. Canelo is the cash cow. Would wbc strip for not fighting at full weight?
            I can see them finding a compromise at 157 or 58 as I can't see Canelo giving up the belt over the BS 155 limit(Mexican fans will consider him a coward if he gives up the belt) as Golovkin can stand pat and get Canelos belt. I think GGG goes ahead and gives in 2 pounds as he has weighed in at 158.5 and 159 a couple of times in recent fights. Regardless of weight Canelo get blasted out in Sept, no doubt about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post

Despite all of that, if GGG doesn't find a way to secure his one big time opponent it will look bad on him. The only knock on GGG is that he didn't budge on weight for Ward despite saying he'd go to 168 and also said he'd go to 154 but won't go to 55 for Canelo. I'm not defending Canelo at all but GGG doesn't benefit from getting that title without beating Canelo. Canelo doesn't need GGG and will make more than GGG with any fight and he could just feast on 147-154 guys fighting the big name. Everyone wants to get to 55 for Canelo except GGG... Canelo will still be around 5-6 years from now and still be in his early 30s...He has all the time in the world, the talent, but most of all the public. It sucks for GGG but he gains nothing from fighting for a vacant title. Canelo is alreay a two weight division champ. Its official, it's in the books. You want the big fight you make it happen.

This isn't to defend Canelo at all because I'm also a massive GGG fan but it's about reality. So GGG gets the vacant belt. And? What's he going to do after? Who's he going to even fight for it? Another no hoper? He's still at square 1, doesnt have ALL the titles and just burned his only bridge. He's at Canelo's mercy. Which isn't the worst side to be on as Canelo does seem to care a bit about making big fights and I could see him just saying "f uck if, ill face you at 160".

If I'm Canelo I don't bend to GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                Cotto was on his bycicle all night and the only round he tried to trade with ginger (round 8th) he was getting wrecked

Cotto would have left the ring on a stretcher if he tried to go toe to toe with the irishman
                This is very true

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Canelo can box then. He has the skill to box. He made Trout look silly imo. He'll box circles around Golovkin.
                  I hope your being sarcastic with this.

Comment

It was noticeably canelo was the bigger stronger them cotto .the wasnt gonna. E like kirkland ggg hasn't been in with the elite yet that would hurt him in experience

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                      Canelo hurt him on a number of occasions. But no he would not hurt ggg. Ggg by knockout
                      Canelo rocked him numerous times which is why Cotto was on his bike most of the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X