Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Couldn't Hurt Cotto, What Happens With GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bye...

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
    An offhanded comment in a Tom Loeffler interview does not constitute an offer. Did Ward even come back with a counter? No. The comment that they'd be willing to meet in the middle on purse and weight was nothing more than a **** you to Ward because he talked **** about Golovkin but did nothing in two years to make the fight happen. Unless you call fighting Paul Smith on BET putting in the work. Ward eventually did make an offer to GGG after Golovkin had signed on for the Lemieux fight. By then the train had left the station -- it would have been stupid for GGG to lock himself into a long-term agreement and give in to all of Ward's terms when he's got a potential unification PPV fight on the same timeline. Apparently, my ass has a lot more common sense than your brain full of boxing knowledge.

Like I said, you've already been owned. How? Because GGG's INITIAL offer was at 164lbs. GGG has stated time and time again that he was willing to go from 160lbs to 168lbs to fight ANYONE. If his initial offer was 168lbs to Ward, you might have an argument. His first offer was at 164lbs and tells me all I need to know about GGG's desire to fight Ward. The end. Not here to argue. What I just stated is a FACT. Not a fanboy reply because I'm a fan of one or the other. Apparently, YOU ARE!

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Like I said, you've already been owned. How? Because GGG's INITIAL offer was at 164lbs. GGG has stated time and time again that he was willing to go from 160lbs to 168lbs to fight ANYONE. If his initial offer was 168lbs to Ward, you might have an argument. His first offer was at 164lbs and tells me all I need to know about GGG's desire to fight Ward. The end. Not here to argue. What I just stated is a FACT. Not a fanboy reply because I'm a fan of one or the other. Apparently, YOU ARE!
      There was no initial offer. 164 was an OFFHANDED comment from Tom Loeffler to Dan Rafeal in an email interview. If you can show me where RocN received an official offer from K2, I'll gladly acknowledge my error. Now, if Ward saw 164 as an offer like you did and knew he couldn't make 164, why didn't he immediately come back with a counter? Why did he wait until GGG had signed on for the Lemieux PPV and was clearly on a path to Canelo? As for consistency, GGG's camp stated time and time again that the Ward fight was possible as long as Ward got back in the ring and helped to build it up. One fight in two years against Paul Smith is not getting it done. GGG's camp has also stated time and time again that any move outside of 160 would only be for a PPV fight. Due to Ward's inactivity, it was not a PPV fight. Those are the facts. Ignore them as you wish.

Comment

• Canelos power has always been overrated.

Comment

Working...
        X