Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Couldn't Hurt Cotto, What Happens With GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo certainly caught cotto attention with a couple of the few punches he threw but he certainly never had cotto hurt were you sensed or felt like cotto just barely escaped getting dropped.

By that logic Marquez had pac seriously hurt in their 3rd fight

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Canelo will box circles around a two time Olympian...a guy with nearly 400 amateur fights...OKIE DOKIE.
      Golovkin was a great amateur fighter with his own style. Being a Gold medalist does not mean some one is light footed, slick. GGG is more of a come forward guy, he doesn't go in the ring to box, he goes forward and destroys. Canelo has shown to me that he can box and move around, and that that is actually his preferred style of fighting. GGG is not a face first fighter, but you are speaking as if a Gold medal changes his style. He is simply great at his style, but his style is a destroyer. GGG looks pretty heavy footed to me, while Canelo looks a little more like a boxer. My prediction is that Canelo will box, Golovkin will come forward and Canelo will win by boxing.

Comment

I saw Cotto hurt a couple of times, he has a great chin.

Comment

GGG recently said Canelo has power, remembering when they sparred. He also said one of them would get knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Golovkin was a great amateur fighter with his own style. Being a Gold medalist does not mean some one is light footed, slick. GGG is more of a come forward guy, he doesn't go in the ring to box, he goes forward and destroys. Canelo has shown to me that he can box and move around, and that that is actually his preferred style of fighting. GGG is not a face first fighter, but you are speaking as if a Gold medal changes his style. He is simply great at his style, but his style is a destroyer. GGG looks pretty heavy footed to me, while Canelo looks a little more like a boxer. My prediction is that Canelo will box, Golovkin will come forward and Canelo will win by boxing.
            Clearly you are only familiar with this recent version of Golovkin, the crowd pleasing one. It's always interesting to hear people talk about Golovkin not being able to fight on the back foot or show better defense then he has, when he actually has. Canelo is the anti-slick he ducked a few Cotto punches and now the guy is sugar ray leonard? lol. C'mon, Golovkin has seen versions of Caenlo over and over again throughout his boxing history, the other guy has not and those who can't take the time to study tape haven't seen much of golovkin either.
            Last edited by turnedup; 02-14-2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              Cotto does not have the best chin and he took Canelo's punches very well, considering Canelo was also a light heavyweight that night. I think Golovkin will walk through anything Canelo lands.
              This is a logical post. Canelo's power is overrated and GGG smashes that
              protected Mexican citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Golovkin is considerably lighter on his feet compared to Canelo.

Comment

GGG is shunned in boxing and cannot get fights????

Boxing is leaderless with no structure. Boxing is run like Somalia just open chaos and no direction just a mess. Uganda is run better than boxing. Even Haiti has better leadership than all of Boxing. Fighters pick their opponents and promoters make their own fights with is a joke. Boxing is like an Insane Asylum being run by the Kooks and the crazies and the maniacs. Boxing is a fricking joke sport with no direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
                    GGG recently said Canelo has power, remembering when they sparred. He also said one of them would get knocked out.

Canelo is much better now, than he was at 19yo.

That was a kid vs a man.

I think people will be surprised.

Comment

Abel is full of ****.....

Comment

Working...
                      X