No announcement yet.

Canelo-Khan. Not nearly as bad as Floyd-JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    at this damage control in contrast to your rhetoric concerning the movement and matching of gennady golovkin, the most avoided fighter in boxing.

straight shooter doe

Damage control of what? Mr. "Floyd and Sweet Pea are one-dimensional fighters" thinks he's uncovered some epic exposure or something.

My stance has been the same from day 1. If you can't get the fights you want in your current division, move up and get them. That goes for Rigo, Ward, GGG and whoever. Certain fighters make so much money that the rules don't apply to them. You can either ***** about it or just enjoy the shows they put on.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Damage control of what? Mr. "Floyd and Sweet Pea are one-dimensional fighters" thinks he's uncovered some epic exposure or something.

My stance has been the same from day 1. If you can't get the fights you want in your current division, move up and get them. That goes for Rigo, Ward, GGG and whoever. Certain fighters make so much money that the rules don't apply to them. You can either ***** about it or just enjoy the shows they put on.
      You can't take someone seriously after they say that. I sure as hell stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        It's NSB. There's a trillion of these around these parts. Sometimes it's hard to resist them. They bait you in, then you got to fight them off.

Comment

It's NSB. There's a trillion of these around these parts. Sometimes it's hard to resist them. They bait you in, then you got to fight them off.
          Lol. I've certainly been there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            It's worse IMO. Here's why...

1. Floyd fought JMM off of a 2 year layoff while JMM was actually ranked on every outlet's P4P list. Khan is nowhere near any P4P list.

2. Floyd vs JMM wasn't for a title at some imaginary weight class of 155. The lineal middleweight title as a matter of fact. Floyd vs Jmm was a tune-up coming off of the layoff mentioned before.

3. While JMM can be caught early and knocked down he has never been stopped. Meanwhile Khan is known for a glass chin, has been stopped by lesser punchers than Canelo, not to mention he looked less than impressive and got rocked by Chris Algieri, Chris freaking Algieri!!!!

While I will say Floyd's win over JMM isn't impressive to me, Canelo folding Khan will be even less impressive

Lastly, will you fools stop bringing up Floyd to try and justify this match-up, it's embarrassing.
            for those who's justifying canelo-khan fight, i would agree with you. but jmm-floyd and this one are both garbage fights.

Comment

did floyd mayweather want the pacquiao fight?

evidently he should have fought golovkin.

Comment

Canelo/Khan is much worse. Mayweather was coming out of retirement against the best lightweight in the world and one of the best fighters ever. Not a great fight, but much better than Canelo/Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post

show me either fighter showing aggression and finishing ability on the level of great, well rounded fighters. a great, well rounded LW is duran. show me rounds where you think whitaker has finishing and offensive skills on his level.

hearns, leonard, and robinson are elite, well rounded historic welterweights. show me rounds where floyd mayweather showed elite, historic tier offensive skills on the level of hearns or leonard. i'll give you a pass on robinson, becuase the fights at WW are hard to find, and i seriously doubt you or your girlfriend BBB have seen them.

heck, i'm starting to think you haven't seen hearns and leonard. you cannot call mayweather, who was the chief fighter discussed, an offensive fighter or a rounded fighter on the level of historic WWs who were well rounded. hearns, napoles, leonard, robinson, these were great offensive fighters in addition to being great boxers.

floyd mayweather is a better boxer than they are. he is not as well rounded, and in the context of historic welterweights he will look one dimension compared to hearns, robinson, and leonard.

floyd's retired, now. if you want to contexualize his career beyond your limited perspective as a fanboy in 2016 you have a lot of film to watch!

now let's see some roudns.

and to your girlfriend, BBP, who was took that thread as an opportunity to look stupid, let's get back to the heart of the matter:

show me the rounds where floyd walked canelo down
                  . be a man and show me some rounds. i was at that f#cking fight. i would love to see which rounds you think floyd walked him down. i've probably asked you 10 times.

Comment

This fool got mad and wrote a mega titan graph

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Canelo/Khan is much worse. Mayweather was coming out of retirement against the best lightweight in the world and one of the best fighters ever. Not a great fight, but much better than Canelo/Khan.

the fight hasn't even happened yet. khan's still got to go out there and do worse than marquez, who landed no significant punches and was dropped. if khan finishes the fight he'll probably do more damage to canelo than marquez did to mayweather, IE he'll have done better. styles make fights.

canelo isn't the agressor a lot of you gusy think he is, or should be. he's a boxer. he'll box with khan until khan gets hurt and stopped. khan will probably beat him to the punch early on, but canelo's timing might get hte better of him.

people who call floyd's win over marquez a great one will have to go through some hoops to allow their love of floyd mayweather to manifest. we're seeing that in the thread.

i'm still holding out hope that the commission puts a stop to this fight. canelo can't be creating his own weight classes when he's the middleweight champion of the world. at least floyd mayweather needed a tune up. that's the saving grace of the marquez fight, which was a sham, a horrid mismatch, and a disgrace otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X