No announcement yet.

IBF orders Golovkin vs Wade, sides apparently negotiating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Should be interesting. No way HBO lets GGG fight on Showtime.

People want to see one champ.
    There was one champ when Taylor, Pavlik, and Martinez were champs despite the IBF being passed around to some irrelevant fighters. If you want the champ to face those other paper titlists, that's fine. But it should be because they would be good fights, not because the paper belt matters a single zip. Right now the only fight that matters is Golovkin vs Canelo if you care about having a single champ.

Comment

I never saw this Wade fella fight before, but from the sounds of the responses in here it does not sound good LOL

I hope the fight happens though, because if it does happen, it makes Jacobs and Lara possible also. This is the big test of the wall that separates.

Comment

Is there any fights online of Wade for me to watch? I don't want to watch the Solimon fight as he is impossible to look good against. He makes everyone, including himself look awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I disagree. Korobov is not a good fighter. He was a good amateur, but as a pro he's been a disappointment. He's still fighting 8 rounders and he's been a pro for 8 years. That tells you all you need to know about his development (or lack thereof). He's really bad for Golovkin. He wouldn't even be a good opponent for Danny Jacbos tbh.

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about Wade though, other than seeing a couple fights that I didn't think he was very good. Still, if I'm K2 I would try to work out a step aside deal and either go hard at some one else worth a damn (try everything for Lara even though it's slim, and then go after whoever would be next at 154-160 (not a lot of options) and just sit out for a while if needed. It's a tough call though to be fair (sit out or fight some stiff to remain active).
          I doubt they can knock out a deal in less than 3 months with a Haymon fighter especially if they haven't even started negotiating yet. Ultimately I expect N'Dam or Korobov to be the choice because they are cheap and have no political barriers.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            Is there any fights online of Wade for me to watch? I don't want to watch the Solimon fight as he is impossible to look good against. He makes everyone, including himself look awful.
            He's a regular on ShowBox.

Comment

Is IBF even serious? Wade never fought at 160; all his fights are above the 160 limit, and IBF still ranks him at middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                There was one champ when Taylor, Pavlik, and Martinez were champs despite the IBF being passed around to some irrelevant fighters. If you want the champ to face those other paper titlists, that's fine. But it should be because they would be good fights, not because the paper belt matters a single zip. Right now the only fight that matters is Golovkin vs Canelo if you care about having a single champ.
                I'm not too bothered about having one champ, I was more talking about other people. I do think the belt means something though. To win all the belts is the sporting goal for a fighter, IBF included.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-26-2016, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Thought Sam Soliman beat Wade
                  So did I. I was very unimpressed with that performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Wade sucks clearly, but that's beside the point - it's a potential purse bid situation with K2/HBO & Haymon. If Haymon wins does HBO allow Golovkin to fight on Showtime or does he get stripped. It could also open the doors to Golovkin fighting Jacobs, Quillin, Lara, Charlo's, and J-Rock.

I hate the fight, but I like the question being addressed. Should get more interested with the WBA announcement tomorrow on Jacobs/Golovkin. I'm pretty sure Nelson won't let GGG get stripped of all his titles.
                    If Haymon wins its only for a Wade fight. A one off. Wouldn't open any doors to GGG fighting those other guys. Why would Haymon want to even entertain those fights? He can throw Wade in with Jacobs and either way he leaves controlling the winner

Comment

The fact that top level fighters these days take months to make even bum defences is annoying and the big issue here. GGG, hopefully fights 4 times this year, very unlikely though but it's the only way in which a Wade fight is forgivable.

Sadly for him, it's unlikely that Canelo will fight him or fight at 160 any time soon and there's noway Saunders is stepping in the ring unless the money is huge. That leaves Jacobs, who's a bum anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X