No announcement yet.

IBF orders Golovkin vs Wade, sides apparently negotiating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
    It just makes boxing look (even more) horrible. Heavyweight and Middleweight are divisions with very proud histories. Charles Martin and Dominic Wade should not be champions/beltholders/titlists/whatever. I swear it is very difficult to decide which sanctioning body is the worst.
    IBF hasn't been involved with lineal MW champions in 10 years, and has been in the sidelines with the worst titlists. Abraham, Sylver, Geale, Sturm, Barker, Solimon, and Lemieux. MW's "proud history" is will not change with the IBF going to another irrelevant fighter.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-26-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Lol.......

Comment

Originally posted by dr rumack View Post
        hahahahahaha

Comment

this really really really sucks......another garbage fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            Wade and Korobov are in the same position. They aren't bad fighters, just bad timing. They both need a win over someone like Lemieux, N'Dam, Lee or even each other.
            I disagree. Korobov is not a good fighter. He was a good amateur, but as a pro he's been a disappointment. He's still fighting 8 rounders and he's been a pro for 8 years. That tells you all you need to know about his development (or lack thereof). He's really bad for Golovkin. He wouldn't even be a good opponent for Danny Jacbos tbh.

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about Wade though, other than seeing a couple fights that I didn't think he was very good. Still, if I'm K2 I would try to work out a step aside deal and either go hard at some one else worth a damn (try everything for Lara even though it's slim, and then go after whoever would be next at 154-160 (not a lot of options) and just sit out for a while if needed. It's a tough call though to be fair (sit out or fight some stiff to remain active).

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
              this really really really sucks......another garbage fight.
              True, but it would tell us if the parties are willing to work together to overcome the current impasse. If so, then go for Lara or Jacobs or one of Hymon's supermiddleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                I disagree. Korobov is not a good fighter. He was a good amateur, but as a pro he's been a disappointment. He's still fighting 8 rounders and he's been a pro for 8 years. That tells you all you need to know about his development (or lack thereof). He's really bad for Golovkin. He wouldn't even be a good opponent for Danny Jacbos tbh.

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about Wade though, other than seeing a couple fights that I didn't think he was very good. Still, if I'm K2 I would try to work out a step aside deal and either go hard at some one else worth a damn (try everything for Lara even though it's slim, and then go after whoever would be next at 154-160 (not a lot of options) and just sit out for a while if needed. It's a tough call though to be fair (sit out or fight some stiff to remain active).
                IBF doesn't do step aside. You either accept, or lose your mandatory position.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  IBF doesn't do step aside. You either accept, or lose your mandatory position.
                  Then it's even worse for K2/GGG. They don't have much of a choice if Wade wants to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Wade sucks clearly, but that's beside the point - it's a potential purse bid situation with K2/HBO & Haymon. If Haymon wins does HBO allow Golovkin to fight on Showtime or does he get stripped. It could also open the doors to Golovkin fighting Jacobs, Quillin, Lara, Charlo's, and J-Rock.

I hate the fight, but I like the question being addressed. Should get more interested with the WBA announcement tomorrow on Jacobs/Golovkin. I'm pretty sure Nelson won't let GGG get stripped of all his titles.
                    Should be interesting. No way HBO lets GGG fight on Showtime.

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I fail to see the problem. A meaningless belt going to a meaningless fighter that will go on to do meaningless mandatory defenses.
                    People want to see one champ.

Comment

I doubt the fight happens. Haymon isn't crazy enough to put murder on free tv.

Comment

Working...
                      X