Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Willie Monroe Jr just posted this. Kinda sad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Yes.

It was "poor me poor me, waaahhh, I was underpaid, now my promoter won't get me a big payday, ima quit boxing, waaaaahhh!"

Kovalev had 18 fights in a row without being paid. Even as WBO champion, he had nothing but small paydays until he fought Pascal.

But he never cried and he never quit.
    i was talking about how you thought he was crying cause he lost. He never did that. The pay ****** but he accpeted it on bad advise so oh well.

He is talking about how boxing is a hard business and even though he only has 1 loss and it was to GGG that he cant find a fight. Probably has to do with that 1 loss

Comment

Having a good team is the most important thing in boxing, being brave doesn't get you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        He is talking about how boxing is a hard business and even though he only has 1 loss and it was to GGG that he cant find a fight. Probably has to do with that 1 loss
        Probably has to do with being unwilling to fight for the money he's worth.

Comment

Willie is so misguided. If Haymon wanted Willie he could buy him out of his contract with Artie Pelullo in about 2 seconds.

Haymon has all the tv dates on several different channels and HBO is all that is left (but they have their stars and a limited amount of shows per year). Haymon's efforts to monopolize boxing in North America (and kick all of the other promoters who don't want to be his workers out of business) is the reason Willie can't get a fight.

Comment

IDK doesnt say anything like that but it does sound like if someone offered him 150K then he would take it.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
              Willie is so misguided. If Haymon wanted Willie he could buy him out of his contract with Artie Pelullo in about 2 seconds.

Haymon has all the tv dates on several different channels and HBO is all that is left (but they have their stars and a limited amount of shows per year). Haymon's efforts to monopolize boxing in North America (and kick all of the other promoters who don't want to be his workers out of business) is the reason Willie can't get a fight.
              You make absolutely no sense. For years HBO & Showtime were dominated by the top few promoters. Small promoters couldn't get a sniff at headlining an HBO or Showtime card. Haymon has put on damn near 40 cards this year using small promoters, save DiBella, and they've been on major TV networks. If Haymon didn't have the TV dates he has where else would these small promoters go to get TV dates? You said yourself HBO has limited dates. And we all know those dates are going to K2, Golden Boy, Main Events, Top Rank, and Roc Nation.

Comment

You didn't read the article. HE CAN'T EVEN GET HIS PROMOTER TO SET UP A FIGHT! And thanks for the donation naming me the worst poster on NSB. Coming from you that means the opposite is true

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post

Monroe not getting dates cause he doesnt have the HBO push behind him and im sure they arent interested in showcasing him.

But Pandas mentioned HBO might have an option on him and here he is showing desperation so we might see GBP going after him for Canelo in May.

Comment

Pretty much, and he's basically trying to blame others around him for his failings. Typical victim mentality and the typical losers in here crying for him.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      You make absolutely no sense. For years HBO & Showtime were dominated by the top few promoters. Small promoters couldn't get a sniff at headlining an HBO or Showtime card. Haymon has put on damn near 40 cards this year using small promoters, save DiBella, and they've been on major TV networks. If Haymon didn't have the TV dates he has where else would these small promoters go to get TV dates? You said yourself HBO has limited dates. And we all know those dates are going to K2, Golden Boy, Main Events, Top Rank, and Roc Nation.

Gary Shaw and other small promoters have had a reasonable amount of dates on HBO and Showtime in years past.

But besides that, I don't think we are in much disagreement. HBO has a lot of stars and their budget has decreased from its heyday. Haymon has all of the other dates and tv slots and if he wanted Willie Monroe, he could have him anytime he wants (but it appears he doesn't). So I was just saying that Willie is misguided in placing his blame and his praise. I'm sure Petullo would like to get Willie a fight but it is very difficult being a small promoter who actually wants to be a promoter (takes risks and gets to make decisions) instead of just a haymon employee. ****, if I were a smaller promoter I probably would've given in to Haymon already...It sounds like a nice deal financially. DiBella and the others don't actually have to put any of their own money up, and get paid a nice fee by Haymon to use their license.

Showtime could actually be a nice place for Willie, but Ezpinoza seems to take orders from Haymon, as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X