Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Details Canelo vs. Golovkin Resolution, Terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a smart move for both camps and I'm surprised there's so much backlash here, considering my impression was that they are for sure going to fight in September 2016. Give GGG a chance to build up his public profile more, give Canelo a chance to fight an actual middleweight and give his title claim some legitimacy. The fight will be bigger in September than it would be now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
      This is a smart move for both camps and I'm surprised there's so much backlash here, considering my impression was that they are for sure going to fight in September 2016. Give GGG a chance to build up his public profile more, give Canelo a chance to fight an actual middleweight and give his title claim some legitimacy. The fight will be bigger in September than it would be now.

I think that's a fair point.

Not really into the marination thing tbh, but fair call.

Team Canelo likely should be asking Golovkin to raise his profile.

But the main point to me is..... Canelo is NOT a middleweight, and neither was Cotto..... Canelo has been chasing a Cotto fight since long before Cotto got lucky with Martinez.

This will allow Canelo time to decide on his future and commit to middleweight before facing Golovkin..... IF that is what he wants to do.

IMHO, Canelo should make that decision NOW, so that Golovkin doesn't get fk'd around..... I guess his next opponent/weight will indicate his intentions.

We all want that fight, but it needs to be fair...... Canelo IS the star here, not Golovkin..... so Canelo should have time to adapt to 160, IF that is what he wants to do..... not be pushed into anything, under unfavorable conditions, just to benefit an unproven up-and-comer who has had other chances to establish himself against top fighters, but chose not to.

Comment

Working...
      X