Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically nothing changed. Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      So their update is that there's no update? There's no real agreement, they're just delaying it until next fall.

If nothing materializes by end of May, Golovkin better tell Canelo to vacate and move onto other fights.

I'm hoping Lemieux/Canelo, Golovkin/Lee and Jacobs/Eubanks in the spring.
      Their update is that GBP and K2 have agreed to have a voluntary fight in between, which is what anyone with one brain cell predicted.

Don't know clearer the update could be to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        If I was GGG I would not bow down to the catchweight and force a pursebid. Im sure K2 can outbid Golden Boy at this point.
        That could also backfire, and Canelo might just vacate. That would make all this delaying and working out deals pointless.

I think its worth at least a few days of negotiation to avoid sending it to bid.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Great minds think alike.
          You know what, I changed my mind. That might be a horrible idea for K2. K2's first concern is promoting the bout. They'll bend to the CW as long as they have a piece in the promotion. K2 has got burned on the purse bid with Wlad/Povetkin when a 3rd party promoter won the bid. They almost got burned on Wlad/Fury when I 3rd party promoter was at the purse bid ready to submit their bid but K2 & Hennessey reached a last minute deal. Taking it to purse bid will give Roc Nation & a PBC promoter a shot at promoting the fight. A purse bid would be good for the fighters but a worse case scenario for K2 & GBP.

Comment

Am I reading this right. GGG is stepping aside again, with no guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              the wording sounds like GGG will only be able to do 1 interim bout, which obviously has to be the Johnson IBF mando. Thats somewhat disappointing. I was hoping that if they were going to do the fight in Sept that GGG would have had the opportunity to do both the Johnson mando and either the Lee/Saunders winner or maybe Jacobs, if it could have been worked out. (unlikely, but worth a shot). Now it seems GGG will probably fight Johnson in March and then have to sit until Sept. Not good.......
              Don't forget the WBA said they'll make a decision on GGG/-Jacobs this week at their convention. They said they'll make a decision on the timeline. They could throw a wrench in this whole thing

Comment

Another fight each then. Then onto the silly weight issues.

Lee/Saunders winner would be ideal for Golovkin to bring another title into the mix. Probably be the Johnson mando though?

Comment

no mention of a catch weight

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    That could also backfire, and Canelo might just vacate. That would make all this delaying and working out deals pointless.

I think its worth at least a few days of negotiation to avoid sending it to bid.
                    What aren't you getting? Team GGG doesn't want to fight in May. This is a mutual agreement between both parties. And GGG isn't going to force canelo to fight in March.

Comment

it doesnt matter what decision was made, I knew the GGG hate squad would cry about it.

If he works out a deal to ultimately be able to fight Canelo for the WBC / lineal title, then hes a liar who wasnt really interested in the belts, and just wants a payday

If he refused to work out a deal and force a strippage, then he's either refusing to "dare to be great", or he's a paper champ who never fights anyone, pick one

It was always going to be lose-lose with the hate squad, no matter the decision.....

Comment

Working...
                      X