Comments Thread For: WBC Details Canelo vs. Golovkin Resolution, Terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    "We just want the WBC belt doe"
    and they'll get it........ sooner or later.......

Comment

"We just want the WBC belt doe"
      Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
      they are obviously alot smarter than you. GGGs 2016 was likely going to consist of Canelo, Johnson IBF mando, and maybe Lee-Saunders winner, in any order. Those are still the fights on the table. GGG loses nothing by trying this option. If theres a chance to still get the Canelo fight in September, preserve the lineal title status, and end up with both the belts AND the big fight, why not go for it? If he forced a strippage at this point you would be right here calling him a paper champ and you ****ing know it.
      Right! If team GGG forced WBC to strip Canelo, they'd be out here saying GGG was a biitch and wasn't willing to try to get a big fight.

And they act as if GGG the only team in to make statement in public meant to impact negotiations.

None of them know what was said in those meetings with Goldenboy.

They are likely doing this to make fans want the fight even more, knowing controversy often sells the fight.

Comment

• Man this is a crock, I hope in that time GGG makes his BS mandatoty against Johnson, and gets a crack at the winner of Lee & Saunders. September 2016, 10 bloody months away!

Comment

• So basically a 5 month extension

Comment

• do not beleive anything WBC said ... Canelo never going to fight GGG PLAIN AND SIMPLE

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              and they'll get it........ sooner or later.......
              Yeah.....later.....maybe......one day......next time.....probably.....fingers crossed!

Comment

Yeah.....later.....maybe......one day......next time.....probably.....fingers crossed!
                and you have a better solution? Whats that? Get canelo stripped, so that fights off the table, and then Dibella maybe puts Lee with Saunders leaving ggg without a single meaningful opponent at 160.

Yeah, what a GREAT idea.......

Comment

• It's Fair

I figure this would happen and to be honest it's fair.

Look both guys will probably fight once (maybe GGG twice) before the showdown in September. As long as they both face quality opposition I see no problem with this.

There was no way Canelo was going to fight GGG in May. This gives GGG a chance to keep building his name and his dollar value. His PPV debut I wouldn't call it a dud but it wasn't the greatest debut.

This gives both guys a chance to build the fight up to a Top 10 Pay Per View sale potentially. This gives Canelo more time to build his weight up and fight one good Middleweight before he fights the best in the division.

As long as there's no bumps on the road I look forward to seeing these guys do battle in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    and you have a better solution? Whats that? Get canelo stripped, so that fights off the table, and then Dibella maybe puts Lee with Saunders leaving ggg without a single meaningful opponent at 160.

Yeah, what a GREAT idea.......
                    I didn't say it was a bad decision. Just pointing out yet more hypocrisy and flip-flopping from GGG Nation.

"We can't fight Ward cos we have the Canelo fight next"

"We don't care about Canelo, we just want the belt!"

"Oh actually you can keep the belt Canelo, we'll fight another bum and wait!"

Comment

I didn't say it was a bad decision. Just pointing out yet more hypocrisy and flip-flopping from GGG Nation.

"We can't fight Ward cos we have the Canelo fight next"

"We don't care about Canelo, we just want the belt!"

"Oh actually you can keep the belt Canelo, we'll fight another bum and wait!"

No point in pointing out their hypocrisy. The ones saying this stuff don't have any shame about their nuthuggery of Golovkin and don't care how badly they have to flip flop from day to day.

Comment

Working...
                      X