Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    And IMO its bomb v bomb

They need eachother.
    Wtf are you even talking about?

GGG draws 1.3 million on average on cable, he has the highest ratings next to Canelo and he is one of the most active champions.

GGG sells out arenas in the whole country. MSG with over 20500 seats.

One of a handful fighters in boxing that is even able to headline a PPV.

Jacobs is a nobody compared to GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Wtf are you even talking about?

GGG draws 1.3 million on average on cable, he has the highest ratings next to Canelo and he is one of the most active champions.

GGG sells out arenas in the whole country. MSG with over 20500 seats.

One of a handful fighters in boxing that is even able to headline a PPV.

Jacobs is a nobody compared to GGG.
      Ok thats fine.

Im closing up for the day and taking my baby to see Christmas lights tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        that's almost 3x 97k.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Ok thats fine.

Im closing up for the day and taking my baby to see Christmas lights tonight.
          Don't forget to read to Your baby your favorite Al Haymon fairy tale.

Comment

• Oh wow, those numbers...Jesus. Football is not a good excuse. So all those people tuning in for football, if there was not footabll they should have been watching Showtime? I doubt it. I'll give you a couple hundred thousand more, which would still be terrible numbers at 500-600k for a televised fight.

Comment

• GGG fans are less threatened by Jacobs now

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Don't forget to read to Your baby your favorite Al Haymon fairy tale.
                To be educated and successful...I have already started.

Comment

• They are bad numbers. There is no denying that. The worst part is the pay fighters are getting for low ratings. The sport has shrinking numbers over here. Purses are getting larger and eventually the money well will dry up.

Where that leaves us, the fans, is eventually less fights to watch down the road because the cable giants will just say to hell with it if they see no subscriber interest.

That is the reality. There is no reason to defend or gloat about those numbers, as they effect every fan, no matter where you align yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons
                    Yes, ratings typically increase as a fight progresses. Fights usually earn their highest ratings over the last half of the fight. Now I don't believe the ratings were going to turn out much better, but high 400s/low 500s probably would have been achieved had the fight lasted more than half a round.

I will say this though, Showtime boxing is struggling. They did 200s for DeGale-Bute and now 300s for Jacobs-Quillin. These are porous numbers. I think Garcia-Salka even did 800s.

I'm not sure why the HBO fanboys are rejoicing though. I mean isn't this the type of fight you wanted Haymon to make? Two top 5 MWs in their primes engaging in an exciting, albeit abbreviated, fight? Why rejoice that it did bad numbers?
                    Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                    you know why......
                    Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    you know why...

Comment

• Absolute dogshit numbers. That's appalling.

What kind of voodoo economics on Haymon's part is sustaining this? A $3m main event purse for a fight that did half the ratings of Rigo-Agbeko. And bear in mind that Rigo-Agbeko had the lowest ratings in the entire history of HBO BAD.

Remind me again of why Jacobs is worth $3m for a Golovkin fight

Comment

Working...
                      X