Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    GGG, Canelo, and Kovalev will keep the sport going for a while.

Than Crawford and Broner are doing pretty good numbers as well.

As a global sport boxing is doing fine but that next American star is missing.
    GGG low PPV shows that the casuals like him but need him to step it up. Kov is a good fighter but highly unknown. Canelo is the new star of the sport.

Crawford doing good but so far its only been in Nebraska and with talk that PAc/Bradley is to be announced friday they missed the chance to "pass the torch" to him. Broner can draw but he lacks discipline and loses focus in the ring almost every fight. Some getting tired of it.

And yeah as a global sport its good.

Comment

Haymon burned a lot of money spending big $ on on headlining Jacobs and Quillin on network tv, and there ratings went down when they went back to Showtime. Showtime even spent money to do an all access for this to boost ratings.

PBC was suppose to help build haymons stars for him, amazing how it's actually doing the opposite. No one could of predicted that.

PBC is probably done after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Can you explain to us how the Hell this fight made money?
        Awful numbers
        lol not this again.

The viewing numbers have nothing to do with revenue. They might impact what Showtime might pay for the NEXT fight, but the deal was already in place for this one.

My sources told me showtime paid around $2.5 million for the show. So yes, I would suspect the event at worst broke even, and might even have made a few bucks.......

Showtime looks like chumps though, paying that kind of money for those numbers.....
        Last edited by OnePunch; 12-08-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Yes football. The king of American sports. Pac-12 Championship, Big 12 Championship, ACC Championship and Mountain West Championship to compete with.

I remember saying the same thing about GGG PPV. That baseball playoffs will crush it and many laughed at me and look at that it demolished it.

full force deflection mode, brih. vintage 2009 mayweather-pacquaio beef.

bbbbut football doe

bbbut ggg doe

those are bad numbers. these two catch a lot of heat for the compeition they've faced int he past. quillin has shown little regard for the fans, and his numbers showed. let's just be grown men and call them what they are. those are flat out bad. it's a shame, because it was a very good fight on paper. people just don't like peter quillin. i like him a heck of a lot more now than i did last week, myself.

danny jacobs is a different story. he had f#cking cancer. he gets a pass for being moved slowly. he may even fight golovkin. he doesnt' crap on the fight the way quillin, cotto, mayweather, others have done.

jacob's handspeed will give golovkin problems, but you know he's getting knocked out eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Haymon burned a lot of money spending big $ on on headlining Jacobs and Quillin on network tv, and there ratings went down when they went back to Showtime. Showtime even spent money to do an all access for this to boost ratings.

PBC was suppose to help build haymons stars for him, amazing how it's actually doing the opposite. No one could of predicted that.

PBC is probably done after this year.
            I did and with the GGG fight. Some of you dont follow other sports so dont know when major comp is going to go up against them.

PBC is not done. They are just starting

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

bbbbut football doe

bbbut ggg doe

those are bad numbers. these two catch a lot of heat for the compeition they've faced int he past. quillin has shown little regard for the fans, and his numbers showed. let's just be grown men and call them what they are. those are flat out bad. it's a shame, because it was a very good fight on paper. people just don't like peter quillin. i like him a heck of a lot more now than i did last week, myself.

danny jacobs is a different story. he had f#cking cancer. he gets a pass for being moved slowly. he may even fight golovkin. he doesnt' crap on the fight the way quillin, cotto, mayweather, others have done.

jacob's handspeed will give golovkin problems, but you know he's getting knocked out eventually.
              How is this a deflection?

never said these numbers were good but i understand why they are so bad. Shoot i even expected less

Like i said in the post above this one, many of you for some reason dont watch other sports or dont know that when big games are going to be on that this sport will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                dude,kovalve is nowhere near as popular as those mentioend next to him are,not in the casual market!

only boixng fans know who kovaleve is

and crawford to,he sells well in his hometown but otherwise dont nobody know him
                While Kovalev won't ever be a major star I think he'll be reliable for drawing 1 Mil plus each fight on HBO. His potential to be a mega star is slim but he'll be a good back bone fighter to keep eyes ok the sport.

Crawford has potential but so does Thurman, the Charlos, and Andrade. What they are missing is that mega star win. I think boxing needs to move past this business model and set up the big fights.

No more marinating fights that don't require marination. I mean why did we wait so long for Jacobs vs Quillin again.

This year was both good and bad for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  I did and with the GGG fight. Some of you dont follow other sports so dont know when major comp is going to go up against them.

PBC is not done. They are just starting
                  Why do you keep bringing up GGG?

This has nothing to do with him, yet you clowns feel the need to keep bringing him up.

And sorry bro, PBC is a step away from it's death bed. This fight was a pretty major testing point to find out if PBC was having any kind of positive effect, all signs point to no.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Why do you keep bringing up GGG?

This has nothing to do with him, yet you clowns feel the need to keep bringing him up.

And sorry bro, PBC is a step away from it's death bed. This fight was a pretty major testing point to find out if PBC was having any kind of positive effect, all signs point to no.
                    To show that big games cause all fighters, regardless of network, to suffer if they compete against them.

That this isnt an isolated incident. That this isnt because of what you all want to think it is. Other sports are much MUCH more popular.

And if we as boxing fans should stop hoping for PBC, HBO, Showtime to fail cause then it will all fall apart.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

bbbbut football doe

bbbut ggg doe

I can actually agree with you here. True words.

Right now, outside of the Heavyweight division Canelo and GGG are the future of boxing. Canelo has Mexico behind him which is obviously a huge boxing nation while GGG has alot of fans all around the world, specially in europe and asia.

People say 150k PPV is bad yadda yadda, which is just a ****** comment, tell me who else right now could even headline a PPV besides Canelo and GGG?

May Pac was hyped up for 10 years, everyone and their mom bought the $100 PPV and it was TRASH. Can you blame people for not spending money on a PPV again?

You guys think GGG did bad numbers, while he was able to headline a successful PPV AND sold out the garden with over 20k seats. When GGG is on cable he does about 1.3 million views.

Now you see the comparison to Quillin Jacobs, the of the fighters in the whole PBC stable and they did miserably.

Maybe its a good sign so Jacobs will actually fight GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X