Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacobs-Quillin only draws 267,000 viewers??? ouch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So? I don't get this... Is anyone out here claiming Jacobs or Quillin are PPV or boxing stars?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Yeah that was strictly HBO. I imagine RTL & SKY each did many times higher than HBO.
      You see? You just forgot... ............................ (The same in Canada...)

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        The average was 386K for an 85-second fight.
        What's the time have to do with anything? Was it gonna pick up as the fight went on? Wouldn't people who were gonna watch tune in before the main event starts? Lol with all the excuses in this thread. It was 2 nobodies fighting on showtime. It should have been on FREE tv like their previous few fights each.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Yes football. The king of American sports. Pac-12 Championship, Big 12 Championship, ACC Championship and Mountain West Championship to compete with.

I remember saying the same thing about GGG PPV. That baseball playoffs will crush it and many laughed at me and look at that it demolished it.
          Yeah I had a buddy that was supposed to come over and watch the fight, I texted him when it was on and his reply was "Dude, I completely forgot about boxing cause I've been watching college football all day"

Comment

Was there some big football **** on Saturday? If thats the case it was bad planning to throw this fight on against it. The US is a football country way more than a boxing country. With those numbers for the caliber of fight this was I definitely think something was going on here beyond no one wanted to watch this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              What's the time have to do with anything? Was it gonna pick up as the fight went on? Wouldn't people who were gonna watch tune in before the main event starts? Lol with all the excuses in this thread. It was 2 nobodies fighting on showtime. It should have been on FREE tv like their previous few fights each.
              Not saying it would have but in that quote defense the games, at least mine, did end after the 1st round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Yes, ratings typically increase as a fight progresses. Fights usually earn their highest ratings over the last half of the fight. Now I don't believe the ratings were going to turn out much better, but high 400s/low 500s probably would have been achieved had the fight lasted more than half a round.

I will say this though, Showtime boxing is struggling. They did 200s for DeGale-Bute and now 300s for Jacobs-Quillin. These are porous numbers. I think Garcia-Salka even did 800s.

I'm not sure why the HBO fanboys are rejoicing though. I mean isn't this the type of fight you wanted Haymon to make? Two top 5 MWs in their primes engaging in an exciting, albeit abbreviated, fight? Why rejoice that it did bad numbers?

Comment

Yes, ratings typically increase as a fight progresses. Fights usually earn their highest ratings over the last half of the fight. Now I don't believe the ratings were going to turn out much better, but high 400s/low 500s probably would have been achieved had the fight lasted more than half a round.

I will say this though, Showtime boxing is struggling. They did 200s for DeGale-Bute and now 300s for Jacobs-Quillin. These are porous numbers. I think Garcia-Salka even did 800s.

I'm not sure why the HBO fanboys are rejoicing though. I mean isn't this the type of fight you wanted Haymon to make? Two top 5 MWs in their primes engaging in an exciting, albeit abbreviated, fight? Why rejoice that it did bad numbers?
                  you know why......

Comment

you know why...

Comment

I'm not rejoicing at all, I wanted it to be on FREE tv though after they built the fight up that way with 2 fights of both guys during the year for free. I guess they probably needed the showtime money to pay the $3 million in purses for the main event so they couldn't do free tv.

Making excuses is no different then the guys rejoicing, if people wanted to watch they fight they would have that's the bottom line. Boxing is just not popular and besides mega fights like May Pac and to a lesser extent Cotto-Canelo people are not paying and if they don't have a clue who the guys are they're not tuning in at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X