Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Golovkin's Promoter Ruled Out Fight at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boy GGG being made to look like a fool by the people around him.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.french View Post
      But they are not getting the same treatment as you claim. Not even close. And not the same situation either.

Almost no one said Floyd is ducking GGG. And almost no one said Ward is ducking Kov, certainly compared to GGG ducking Ward.

While, all you hear about GGG is how he is ducking fighters who no one gives a toss about. Over and over.

Here's the reason its not the same situation, at least for Ward. Ward has no choice. That is why he has to move. He has no fans or ratings. GGG wants to fight Ward, but Ward has to come down to GGGs weight. Floyd and GGG are not desperate therefore do not move.
      Look dude, I completely understand the point you are making. But on this, GGG is the victim of the insane rationale many of his fans used against other fighters.

You can't expect he will be treated differently when he does similar things.

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
        Since GGG is a small MW, then he should have no issues making 155 lb to fight Canelo?
        Exactly this.

Money, another belt, they are both there for him with that fight.

So why not?

I think it's likely that Golovkin's "only at 160" talk is just posturing and that they will come to an agreement with Canelo's team for the fight.

Comment

If Golovkin drops down to 155 for Canelo then you have to respect that. He would finally be willing to take a risk in order to get the big money and the glory of becoming lineal middleweight champion.

Now let's see if he actually does it or if this is just lip service from Loeffler.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Fact, except for the "anyone from 154-168" comment. The emphasis on the ANYONE.

It now appears that this is not actually the case.

So, if it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck . . . . .
            He believes he can beat anyone from 154-168. So whats the problem? And just because he believes he can beat anyone from 154-168, that doesnt mean that #1 every single fight from 154-168 is makeable, and #2 that he should offer up every concession right from jump street

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              If Golovkin drops down to 155 for Canelo then you have to respect that. He would finally be willing to take a risk in order to get the big money and the glory of becoming lineal middleweight champion.

Now let's see if he actually does it or if this is just lip service from Loeffler.
              Loeffler has said nothing at all. You are putting words in his mouth so that if it doesnt happen, then you can claim Loeffler "went back on his word"..

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                Loeffler has said nothing at all. You are putting words in his mouth so that if it doesnt happen, then you can claim Loeffler "went back on his word"..
                You're right, Loeffler isn't on the record as having said anything. My fault.

Froch is the one who was left with the impression that Golovkin is considering moving down in weight to fight Canelo at a catchweight. That's why Froch feels they don't want to fight him at 168 right now.

My main point still stands, though. If GGG accepts the fight with Alvarez at 155 that will be worthy of respect.

Comment

I suppose at this point they are really wanting Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Former super middleweight champion Carl Froch, who retired earlier this year, came face to face with promoter Tom Loeffler of K2 Promotions. Both men were in Dusseldorf, Germany for the big heavyweight showdown between Wladimir Klitschko and Tyson Fury.

Earlier this year, there were negotiations for a fight between Froch and WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, who Loeffler promotes.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    ...Froch is lying....putting words into Loeffler's mouth....Loeffler just finished telling Carl Froch to his face that a fight at 168 is one they would want....suddenly Froch comes up with this 172 number...Froch is running...here is the video...http://www.************.com/page/3/

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      I think Froch meant to say Light-heavyweight in this interview, because he mentioned 172 to Loeffler on IFL, not 168. Loeffler backed away from 172.

I don't think Froch comes back though, he'd be stupid to do so imo.

If he managed to do it, there's nothing to gain from beating Golovkin at 172, people will just say he's unproven at LHW, too small etc.

It makes more sense to win a LHW title, whether it's Stevenson or Kovalev.
                      Well his fans love to talk about how be KO's Heavyweights and got KD'ed Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X