No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Golovkin's Promoter Ruled Out Fight at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    WHen a fighter avoids GGG, you call it ducking. Cool. when GGG avoids a fighter, you don't call it ducking.

Can you see why some people question that?
    You literally cannot duck a fighter if they are not in your division.

That's how boxing works. Strange that this needs to be explained to people.

GGG has NEVER ducked a single fighter. Fact. I said this before, and no one disproved it, because you cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.french View Post

GGG has NEVER ducked a single fighter. Fact. I said this before, and no one disproved it, because you cannot.
      Well that isn't what NSB has established. NSB considers it a duck whenever you do not fight someone who called you out or someone you "could and should fight". Like Floyd is ducking GGG or Ward is ducking Kov, not in the same weight class but "should and could fight" him.

Now if that is ridiculous , (and I agree with you it is which is why I do not use the term duck) it should be ridiculous everytime.

GGG is getting the same treatment other fighters have gotten.

I only wish you had the same mentality with your main account before it was banned and you created this alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        I not surprised they shot down the 172 talk.

As for Froch, i'm still certain he is not making a return.
        I think Abel Sanchez is up for it, but Loeffler didn't seem keen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Well at least it doesn't make them look like cowards, no 168 is no 168 not i would fight anyone from 154-168 then "Oh 164 for you matey".
          Actually it does sort of make them look, shall we say, a little foolish as it was Team Golovkin that said "anyone 154-168".

Now it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
            i remember GGG saying he would fight anyone from 154-168 pounds.

i guess that means not figthing canelo at 155, ward at 168.
            ;
            how can GGG die hard fans be such POS.

ward and canelo both outbox that bum.
            Accurate apart from the "bum" comment imo.

Team Golovkin are being made to look foolish over that "anyone 154-168" comment but the guy is hardly a "bum".

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Well that isn't what NSB has established. NSB considers it a duck whenever you do not fight someone who called you out or someone you "could and should fight". Like Floyd is ducking GGG or Ward is ducking Kov, not in the same weight class but "should and could fight" him.

Now if that is ridiculous , (and I agree with you it is which is why I do not use the term duck) it should be ridiculous everytime.

GGG is getting the same treatment other fighters have gotten.
              But they are not getting the same treatment as you claim. Not even close. And not the same situation either.

Almost no one said Floyd is ducking GGG. And almost no one said Ward is ducking Kov, certainly compared to GGG ducking Ward.

While, all you hear about GGG is how he is ducking fighters who no one gives a toss about. Over and over.

Here's the reason its not the same situation, at least for Ward. Ward has no choice. That is why he has to move. He has no fans or ratings. GGG wants to fight Ward, but Ward has to come down to GGGs weight. Floyd and GGG are not desperate therefore do not move.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Clear indication that his team doesn't want to discourage a possible Canelo clash.
                Why should they?

If Golovkin is looking to unify then fighting Canelo is one more step.

If he has to go to 155 to do it then he should as he (or his team) have already claimed he could make 154.

If he is looking to make big $$s, and why shouldn't he?, then the Canelo fight is also the best paying.

So win, win for Golovkin.

IF he can beat Canelo at 155!

Comment

Originally posted by Nights King View Post
                  Loeffler simply stated Carls demand of 172 cannot be met because GGGs a small middleweight.

And a fight at 168 with Froch who is retired is not the priority as GGGs focus of unifiying the belts against fellow middleweights Andy Lee and Canelo Alvarez are.

It's not that hard to understand....
                  Absolutely.

It's just that Golovkin appears to have almost polarised NSB into "love him" or "hate him"!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    I think Abel Sanchez is up for it, but Loeffler didn't seem keen.
                    The longer it goes, the less likely Froch will come back imo.

If he is looking at 172 then he should fight Stevenson or Kovalev for light-heavy title.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.french View Post

Fact, except for the "anyone from 154-168" comment. The emphasis on the ANYONE.

It now appears that this is not actually the case.

So, if it looks like a duck, and sounds like a duck . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X