No announcement yet.

I'm still puzzled as to how Floyd managed to retire undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
    Uh yes yes you can or did you not just witness his final fight against the ever so dangerous I never stood a chance Andre Berto ?

Or how about when He Fought Gatti? Or a shot Shamba Mitcehll yeah reall dominant over such killers !Ther are more examples of such dominate especially over those fade legends !
    What is the point of this post?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Simple his dominace isn't as impressive as his fans like to make it out to be because of the guys he fought ..

Comment

He doesn't have a point. I'm sure he thinks Floyd paid off all the judges in those fights. A split decision against Oscar and a MD against Canelo by a judge who was later removed from judging fights. Losing on one scorecard in 49 fights is damn near impossible to do.

Comment

Uh yes yes you can or did you not just witness his final fight against the ever so dangerous I never stood a chance Andre Berto ?

Or how about when He Fought Gatti? Or a shot Shamba Mitcehll yeah reall dominant over such killers !Ther are more examples of such dominate especially over those fade legends !
          Berto won't make his list of top 20 wins, so I really don't get the point of your post.

Comment

What you've done here is the definition of cherry picking. You picked the wins that best suit your agenda.

Comment

• First n foremost i want to say Floyd is one of the most talented boxers of his era. A case can be made that he may be the best d boxer of his era n one of the best d fighters of all time. That's up for debate.

As far as record wise, technically he's undefeated, but by the eyes many people considered his first loss is to Castillo, I myself saw that bout n flyod lost that fight. Many people also consider him defeated by maidana in their first fight, it was a close fight n can go either way....now as to y he manage to go undefeated?..we'll I just have to say it was all due to careful matchmaking....

There r too many people that Floyd missed along the way for me to consider him an all time great. Now I'm not going to fault him if they weren't in the same division, but apparently they were n these fighters were hot when they could've fought n the fans wanted the fights...

Casamoyor, freitas, tsyzu, prime Mosley, margarito, young cotto, Forrest, Paul Williams, prime pacquiao...

I'm not saying he should've fought all of em, but you can't miss these many elite fighters, if u did, it's very obvious u were a great chess player, he missed too many great opportunities...

Comment

• Bump.........

Comment

Simple his dominace isn't as impressive as his fans like to make it out to be because of the guys he fought ..
                  Really? So you pick three opponents to prove that?

Comment

Really? So you pick three opponents to prove that?
                    Ok then when was the last time he was the under dog or in a pick me fight and don't give me that nonsense about he was that much better than all those put In front when halfof his oppoenents had no business fighting him ..The 3 I listed were some exceptions ..

Comment

Ok then when was the last time he was the under dog or in a pick me fight and don't give me that nonsense about he was that much better than all those put In front when halfof his oppoenents had no business fighting him ..The 3 I listed were some exceptions ..
                      You're moving the goalpost.

Comment

Working...
                      X