No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Derecognizes Cotto; Title Only At Stake For Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    Shouldn't be the case if they're paying the WBC's new golden child 800k to step aside. Hey $300k from there. Lol
    As someone pointed out earlier, Tyson paid Lewis 4.5 million to step aside. That has nothing to do with the sanctioning fees. That was essentially Cotto's way of weaseling his way out of the GGG fight, lets not forget he has been mandatory to Cotto for a year now. Just admit your boy is a coward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      The question is, will Canelo vacate the belt if GGG insists of 160.

It wouldnt be great, but GGG honors the history of the sport and if a title is on the line he wants to fight at the real weight.

If Canelo drops the belt right after winning it he will be the biggest joke in Mexico. You think that happens? GGG is in the drivers seat there. Look at Canelo, he doesnt look healthy at 160 and now has to drop another 5 lb. He rehydrates to 170+, more than GGG. Why dont they fight at the real weight?
      I think Canelo will offer GGG the fight at 155 and then when Golovkin turns it down he will vacate the belt. At that point it's not his fault.

Comment

• Maybe cotto though if i win (which he won't ) im gonna drop the title if im forced to fight ggg anyways. Ill just save my money and avoid looking like i ducked ggg

Comment

• Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
          Cotto doesn't want to pay the sanctioning fees, it's that simple...he doesn't give a **** about having the title.

LOL @ the haters getting excited over Cotto being stripped
          Cotto knew he would be stripped for not paying his sanctioning fees thus his chicken s*** way of him getting out of a Golovkin fight without his PR countrymen calling him a coward. He avoids that with this outcome. Simple really

Comment

• Cotto refusing to pay sanctioning fees so that he doesnt have to fight GGG?

If Cotto pays sanctioning fees and wins then the WBC will mandate him to fight GGG. And he'll end up vacating in order not to face GGG.

So it'll be like he paid sanctioning fees for nothing since he'll be vacating anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by twrx View Post
              Maybe cotto though if i win (which he won't ) im gonna drop the title if im forced to fight ggg anyways. Ill just save my money and avoid looking like i ducked ggg
              Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
              Cotto knew he would be stripped for not paying his sanctioning fees thus his chicken s*** way of him getting out of a Golovkin fight without his PR countrymen calling him a coward. He avoids that with this outcome. Simple really
              Ahh looks like people caught on to Cotto's scheme.

Well said. This is the best way for him not to look like a duck in front of his countrymen.

Comment

• Good, F the belts and the crooked people behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLX View Post
                  So basically Cotto paid GGG 800k for nothing...
                  This is what I don't understand. GGG did get paid step-aside money, right? So why would Cotto now decide to not pay the sanctioning fee? He should've just fought Canelo for the WBC 154lb title, or for no title at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    C'mon Javi don't be a fan boy
                    I'm not. Just answering a simple question..... but I wasn't even sure about so that's why I said he should be able to.

if he doesn't..... oh well

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      This is what I don't understand. GGG did get paid step-aside money, right? So why would Cotto now decide to not pay the sanctioning fee? He should've just fought Canelo for the WBC 154lb title, or for no title at all.
                      Floyd was still the WBC champ when the fight was signed. Cotto needed the belt to get the bigger share of the purse. He don't need belt anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X