Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Derecognizes Cotto; Title Only At Stake For Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto refusing to pay sanctioning fees so that he doesnt have to fight GGG?

If Cotto pays sanctioning fees and wins then the WBC will mandate him to fight GGG. And he'll end up vacating in order not to face GGG.

So it'll be like he paid sanctioning fees for nothing since he'll be vacating anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by twrx View Post
      Maybe cotto though if i win (which he won't ) im gonna drop the title if im forced to fight ggg anyways. Ill just save my money and avoid looking like i ducked ggg
      Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
      Cotto knew he would be stripped for not paying his sanctioning fees thus his chicken s*** way of him getting out of a Golovkin fight without his PR countrymen calling him a coward. He avoids that with this outcome. Simple really
      Ahh looks like people caught on to Cotto's scheme.

Well said. This is the best way for him not to look like a duck in front of his countrymen.

Comment

• Good, F the belts and the crooked people behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLX View Post
          So basically Cotto paid GGG 800k for nothing...
          This is what I don't understand. GGG did get paid step-aside money, right? So why would Cotto now decide to not pay the sanctioning fee? He should've just fought Canelo for the WBC 154lb title, or for no title at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
            C'mon Javi don't be a fan boy
            I'm not. Just answering a simple question..... but I wasn't even sure about so that's why I said he should be able to.

if he doesn't..... oh well

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              This is what I don't understand. GGG did get paid step-aside money, right? So why would Cotto now decide to not pay the sanctioning fee? He should've just fought Canelo for the WBC 154lb title, or for no title at all.
              Floyd was still the WBC champ when the fight was signed. Cotto needed the belt to get the bigger share of the purse. He don't need belt anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                As someone pointed out earlier, Tyson paid Lewis 4.5 million to step aside. That has nothing to do with the sanctioning fees. That was essentially Cotto's way of weaseling his way out of the GGG fight, lets not forget he has been mandatory to Cotto for a year now. Just admit your boy is a coward.
                Lol and what's Canelo?? Cotto is a "coward" cuz he doesn't wanna fight GGG at 160 but what about your boy Saul??? You know he's not fighting him either right?? Sad thing is, Nelo is a big boy. He's a middleweight trying to fight at 155.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  Lol and what's Canelo?? Cotto is a "coward" cuz he doesn't wanna fight GGG at 160 but what about your boy Saul??? You know he's not fighting him either right?? Sad thing is, Nelo is a big boy. He's a middleweight trying to fight at 155.
                  Cotto won't even entertain the idea of fighting GGG And he paid him 800K just to not fight him! that's a pretty fat payday for any regular fight.

Nah, don't backpedal now you were fine with Cotto fighting GGG at a catchweight but now its not okay for Canelo? Plus GGG dug his own grave with that A-side talk his team was barking, and 97k buys

Comment

• Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
                    Cotto knew he would be stripped for not paying his sanctioning fees thus his chicken s*** way of him getting out of a Golovkin fight without his PR countrymen calling him a coward. He avoids that with this outcome. Simple really
                    GGG said he isn't settling for a catchweight, Cotto is too damn small for 160 what the fuc did you expect? First the the dlck riders say if Cotto drops the belt then all is good, but once he does now he's scared. These forums are too funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      GGG said he isn't settling for a catchweight, Cotto is too damn small for 160 what the fuc did you expect? First the the dlck riders say if Cotto drops the belt then all is good, but once he does now he's scared. These forums are too funny.
                      That because he didn't drop the belt with humility. Instead he refuses to pay sanctioning fees (every champ does it, literally every single one) that way his fanboys like you can say "FCK THE WBC! Nobody tells #KINGCOTTO what to do! jajajaaj" Hey its been working so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X