I hostly dont think ive seen a better boxer than lomochenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    who did he even fight last night?
    A Mexican/Japanese guy. That's all I remember because that was the most interesting thing about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
      Probably the only "knock" I could have on the guy. He's nasty as **** though.
      Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      He does "his thing" very well but the lack of power is conspicuous. He makes up for it in volume and accuracy but, as we've already seen with Salido, you need a certain degree of power to keep guys off of you. Otherwise, someone like Walters is going to walk through your offense and put it on you because you're not giving him a reason not to. *
      I do think Loma is very gifted and a top guy. Just can't get around that light touch he's got.
      Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
      The one thing I've noticed is he doesn't "sit down" or "load up" on his punches to generate power (on most of those shots anyways).

That can be seen both in two ways
      1) he won't throw one-hit KO power shots like some other boxers we know

BUT:
      2) he won't leave himself open to more vulnerable counters

You can really see that amateur style of his at times. Regardless, his movement and defense is phenomenal.
      Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      His lack of power will catch up to him, probably against someone like Walters who is a mammoth featherweight. I don't know how he fits his body in that weight class.
      I also noticed this last night and thought there's still tons of amateur boxing elements traces in his fighting style.

Guys who don't hit very hard, such as Floyd, had amazing careers, so it can be done.

The question is how will Loma choose to go about it

My forecast is he'll end up having an Oscar de La Hoya like career. Very talented fighter with fumbles here and there

Comment

Sounds like you haven't watched a lot of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          I also noticed this last night and thought there's still tons of amateur boxing elements traces in his fighting style.

Guys who don't hit very hard, such as Floyd, had amazing careers, so it can be done.

My forecast is he'll end up having an Oscar de La Hoya like career. Very talented fighter with fumbles here and there
          I thought about that but Floyd, when his hands were healthy, could floor a guy with one punch (Hatton). I think Loma will do well if they manage his career carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            I'll reserve my opinion until he starts fighting elite fighters. He beat Russell and looked phenomenal doing it but it was a battle of two similar styles where the me skilled fightee always wins. Now Walters is the fight that should happen esp if he's talking about moving up to 130. Make it happen!

Meanwhile u dudes need to calm down. He's good, but better talents than him have flamed out in boxing.
            Im not sure 'better' talents have flamed out. Its true that all this praise so early is a little ******ed given his opposition, but i cant remember seeing any fighter with his skill set full stop.
            Even if he gets beat and retires in his next fight, its his displays of skills that is getting us all wet

Please name all the fights Floyd held and ran in out of 49
            Floyd didnt clinch, run and pot shot at times? Ever??
            Loma is clearly more active, aggressive and entertaining.
            who did he even fight last night?
            People are praising his skills, not his achievements.

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post

Id like to have a few fumbles with him here and there.
            Seriously, my palms have blisters on them whenever i watch him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              A Mexican/Japanese guy. That's all I remember because that was the most interesting thing about him.
              Don't forget the high cheek bones (TopRank broadcasters)

Comment

He is very great. He has those defensive skills while being very fun to watch as he's so good offensively too.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
                  Lol, was going to mention that but didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about. If we ever go back to war with them though, I will know how to identify the "japs" thanks to colonel Bob. Look for those high check bones! *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                    The one thing I've noticed is he doesn't "sit down" or "load up" on his punches to generate power (on most of those shots anyways).

That can be seen both in two ways
                    1) he won't throw one-hit KO power shots like some other boxers we know

BUT:
                    2) he won't leave himself open to more vulnerable counters

You can really see that amateur style of his at times. Regardless, his movement and defense is phenomenal.
                    I think some that not loading up is for defense but also to preserve his hands. He loads up to the body more than the head because it's a softer target. I think he would load up more against better opposition because he would feel like he woud have to or need to, to make a statement.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post

-------
                      As far as OP:

It does looks he is on skates as Col Bob said lastnight on the TR broadcast - like his legs have a mind of their own and are separate from his upper body.

Have to agree with others about the sitting down on his punches, although I do think he does sit down on body shots moreso than other punches. That is why Salido, Russell Jr, and the guy last night started to fade. Russell was taking hellacious body shots

Personally I could have watched him do that all night. Bring on a better fight.... Walters, Bandido Vargas, Salido II, Nonito something like that

Comment

Working...
                      X