• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may need to watch more boxing....there is Youtube you know

LOma is good but not one of the best I've ever seen though

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      Honestly....that is your argument? You need to go learn the sport. See how some of the greatests get dropped by (bums) and stop exposing yourself as a boxing ignoramus.
      that guy who dropped rigo was way bigger and taller than him, I guess people forget these are ALL professional fighters... a lot of the greats have been knocked down by opponents who people thought they would run through. its funny that these so called boxing fans have to sht on other boxers who aren't their fav to prove their point, not to mention lomo just beat what would be called a bum if it was rigo who fought him and its not much protest about it
      Last edited by 12TRIBEsRiSe; 11-09-2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Honestly....that is your argument? You need to go learn the sport. See how some of the greatests get dropped by (bums) and stop exposing yourself as a boxing ignoramus.
        No you said you're more Impressed with Rigo and said Loma makes too many mistakes and I just pointed out that Rigo was dropped by some Jap bum, I know how good Rigo is I just don't think he is better than Loma, I also think Loma has a lot more variation to his offense that Rigo

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Talk about a lazy way to put things... You didn't address the actual facts of the fight and the fighters, just the politics of him being able to pass on the fight, Floyd sucks, etc. Floyd did fight conservatively many times and he deserves that criticism but that doesn't deflect from the fact that he's accomplished FAR more than Loma and the comparison is foolish. Give the guy time to prove himself because he's done little aside from seeming very impressive. His first moderate test, he failed. So don't be dazzled by the sizzle before you even bite the steak.
          You took that all wrong.

I'm not knocking Floyd, I think Floyd is arguably the best boxer of the last decade/generation whatever you want to call it.

I'm not drawing any comparisons to Floyd, at all.

What I am alluding to is speaking of fights out of context, "He lost to Salido" and putting a period at the end of that sentence. A tactic a lot of posters use here to dismiss certain fighters, one of them being Floyd.

Listen I'm just excited for the kid. He has tons to prove still, tons. And the nuthugging doesn't help his cause now, but people are on his nuts for a reason. He's ****ing exciting. There is no fighter like him at the moment.

To saw he is pillow fisted is just wrong. He has KOs, he has respectable power, but if you listen to the guy he is all about balance, doing as much as needed. I wish more of his interviews were in English...right now at the pro game he is trying to save his energy, go to later rounds.

I am sure he does not have big power, but he has enough that no mater who he steps in the ring with down the line are not going to walk through him. He will sit a little more on his punches to gain the others respect. He had Salido hurt, and that was a big man in there that night.

Everyone is pulling this "pitty pat" **** now because he's done it a few times to set up his body shot. I get a feeling that no one even watched the fight but tuned in for the episode where he was throwing those light punches and said "oh he can't punch", even his sparring partners say that he can bang.

Anyway.......why bother, time will tell and all will see.

I got all my points on him whomever he fights.
          Last edited by Banderivets; 11-09-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
            You took that all wrong.

I'm not knocking Floyd, I think Floyd is arguably the best boxer of the last decade/generation whatever you want to call it.

I'm not drawing any comparisons to Floyd, at all.

What I am alluding to is speaking of fights out of context, "He lost to Salido" and putting a period at the end of that sentence. A tactic a lot of posters use here to dismiss certain fighters, one of them being Floyd.
            Doesn't every fighter struggle with a rugged opponent at least once in their career?
            Even Floyd struggled with Castillo, who had a similar style to Salido.
            Castillo even outlanded Floyd in their fight.
            People are going to use that Salido fight against Loma for the rest of his career.
            It's just a lazy way to try and discredit Loma.

Loma arguably won the Salido fight. I don't care what anyone says.

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
              No you said you're more Impressed with Rigo and said Loma makes too many mistakes and I just pointed out that Rigo was dropped by some Jap bum, I know how good Rigo is I just don't think he is better than Loma, I also think Loma has a lot more variation to his offense that Rigo
              You are crazy, my man. I used watch Arturo Gatti showboat on bums/cans. The point is, fighting bums/cans, you can get away with many mistakes. Everyone makes them. What you didn't see was Loma getting caught with shots he wasn't supposed to get hit with. What also you guys didn't see was that what Loma was doing made the fight harder for him than it should have been.

The difference with Rigo is his IQ, power and efficiency. Rigo makes every punch counts. Loma still in the learning process, though. Rigo is Master boxer, while Loma is an exuberant boxing student full of potential.

Comment

You are crazy, my man. I used watch Arturo Gatti showboat on bums/cans. The point is, fighting bums/cans, you can get away with many mistakes. Everyone makes them. What you didn't see was Loma getting caught with shots he wasn't supposed to get hit with. What also you guys didn't see was that what Loma was doing made the fight harder for him than it should have been.

The difference with Rigo is his IQ, power and efficiency. Rigo makes every punch counts. Loma still in the learning process, though. Rigo is Master boxer, while Loma is an exuberant boxing student full of potential.

Rigo does not have more intelligence than loma. Loma is already more exciting than rigo, and you know it. Face it the fans have seen both and prefer loma.

Comment

• If Rigo had more killer instinct, not only would he still be undefeated, but would have a 90% KO ratio on top of it. Rigo gets tagged once in a while, so does Loma. Both of them are beautiful to watch, but both of them have a glaring attribute that bugs me.

Rigo has no real killer instinct.
                  Loma does not sit down on his punches.

Could you imagine how both of them could take over the sport with a little tweaking? The two of them are the best movers in the game. Both can thread a needle with their punches and have more ring awareness than any fighter out there. Both are so close to perfection.

Comment

• Didn't Lomo loose to a guy with 13 losses and was stopped like 6 times?
                    He gets beat in his second pro fight does that mean he's a bum?

Bum...........has NOTHING to do with skills its a fighter who doesn't give his best effort! Nothing to do with talent or skill set or anything else.

In the current mix I'll take Chocolatito, he blends his offense & defense together as he applies pressure. I like Lomo but he gets sloppy at times and looses focus briefly. To bad he didn't turn pro 10 years ago.
                    Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                      Rigo does not have more intelligence than loma. Loma is already more exciting than rigo, and you know it. Face it the fans have seen both and prefer loma.
                      Then you don't know f...about boxing. Go and watch how Rigo neutralizes another fighter weapon. Then again, the way you talk, you might not know what you are watching. Rigo disarmed the highly touted Donaire's left hook and jab. Made Donaire look like an amateur.

You need to stick to promoting white pride on racist website name storm something.

Comment

Working...
                      X