Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde: Rigo Destroyed Own Career..."Turned Down Many Multi-Million Dollar Offers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    $1.8million over 3 fights. Caribe takes 20%, his promoter takes the usual promoter cut of 27%, his manager takes a cut as well, usually 10-15%, his corner takes a cut, then of course, good ol taxes. That's where I got the math.

But you know in NSB, if a fighter gets $1.8 million, he gets $1.8 million.
    promoters do not take a "cut", except in limited instances where they lose a purse bid. Its in the Ali Act.

And before you cite it as "well known", 20 morons on a message board saying Top Rank takes 27% of Pac purses doesnt make that a FACT.

Comment

I think Caribe has some stupid long contract with Rigo is why he just doesn't leave him. Although cuz go into promoter disputes all the time so idk if manager **** is just way different to sort out or what.

I can't imagine why some deal with someone couldn't be made in particular if they aren't doing **** on their own. I mean some money beats no money. Thats a hell of a bubble they are living in if Rigo & Caribe are both in agreement these deals are bad, but are just sitting on their hands as they wait for some sort of Cinderella deal to come thru as Rigo gets older by the month.

And if they aren't in agreement why aren't I see some Spanish boxing media with Rigo on it *****ing in Spanish about Caribe.

Gotta be honestly I don't really got a clue whats going on with this situation to speculate much as nothing makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        promoters do not take a "cut", except in limited instances where they lose a purse bid. Its in the Ali Act.

And before you cite it as "well known", 20 morons on a message board saying Top Rank takes 27% of Pac purses doesnt make that a FACT.
        You guys really can't stop tilting at windmills when it comes to your boy can you? Furthermore, how the hell would any of us know what percentage Pac owes based on his between fight advances? Top Rank isn't a publicly traded company, their books are their own.

Comment

Rigo, Rigo, Rigo lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            You guys really can't stop tilting at windmills when it comes to your boy can you?
            sorry, im not really even a pac fan. But I am quite familiar with the Ali Act, and what it permits and doesnt permit.

And advances have nothing to do with percentages. If a fighter takes a 100k advance, then 100k comes out of their purse. What does that have to do with percentages?

Comment

The promoters would likely split the percentage, he shouldn't have to pay 20% to one and 20% to the other. It would usually be 20% total, where each promoter gets 10%. If he's paying 40% to his promoters, that is literally highway robbery. If That's the case then Rigo is screwing himself over.

The way the pay usually goes is... Managers get 33% (standard). Trainers get 10% (standard). Promoters take around 20%.

Comment

sorry, im not really even a pac fan. But I am quite familiar with the Ali Act, and what it permits and doesnt permit.

And advances have nothing to do with percentages. If a fighter takes a 100k advance, then 100k comes out of their purse. What does that have to do with percentages?
                I guess you know all about the Ali Act but interest or payments are a foreign concept then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                  The promoters would likely split the percentage, he shouldn't have to pay 20% to one and 20% to the other. It would usually be 20% total, where each promoter gets 10%. If he's paying 40% to his promoters, that is literally highway robbery. If That's the case then Rigo is screwing himself over.

The way the pay usually goes is... Managers get 33% (standard). Trainers get 10% (standard). Promoters take around 20%.
                  people shouldnt talk about things they know nothing about.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    I guess you know all about the Ali Act but interest or deferred payments are a foreign concept then, eh?
                    ive never seen a promoter charge interest on an advance. That doesnt mean it hasnt happened, I've just never seen it, and would find it unlikely.

As for deferred payments, unless you are talking about a top 5 box office draw, a promoter would be foolish to allow deferred payments on an advance, because in the event of a loss or serious injury, he may not ever get his money back.

Comment

ive never seen a promoter charge interest on an advance. That doesnt mean it hasnt happened, I've just never seen it, and would find it unlikely.

As for deferred payments, unless you are talking about a top 5 box office draw, a promoter would be foolish to allow deferred payments on an advance, because in the event of a loss or serious injury, he may not ever get his money back.
                      How would you even know unless you keep Top Rank's books? Manny is a hero, 0 percent interest like a Kia or couch!

Comment

Working...
                      X