Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde: Rigo Destroyed Own Career..."Turned Down Many Multi-Million Dollar Offers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I want to see numbers and years of contracts. $2 million is multi million. I would like to see specifics.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...tements--90007

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...e-qrigolutionq
    His Top Rank deal was $1.8 million/3 fights over 18 months

Roc Nation offered $1.8 million in 12 months.

Caribe takes 20% off top.

Frank Warren offered $1.8M x 3 fights
    Plus 3 x $700K during second year of the deal
    Last edited by -PBP-; 11-02-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...tements--90007

His Top Rank deal was $1.8 million/3 fights over 18 months

Roc Nation offered $1.8 million in 12 months.

Caribe takes 20% off top.

Frank Warren offered $1.8M x 3 fights
      Plus 3 x $700K during second year of the deal
      Thanks.

If i'm reading correctly, Warren offered $1.8million for every fight in a 3 fight deal plus $700k in each fight in second year of deal?

Also how does the 3 x $700k in second year work, does he have to fight 3 times the second year, or does he just get an additional $700k for any fight in the second year?

Top Rank offered $1.8 million for a total of 3 fights? Or each fight?

Comment

What a shame

Comment

Thanks.

If i'm reading correctly, Warren offered $1.8million for every fight in a 3 fight deal plus $700k in each fight in second year of deal?

Also how does the 3 x $700k in second year work, does he have to fight 3 times the second year, or does he just get an additional $700k for any fight in the second year?

Top Rank offered $1.8 million for a total of 3 fights? Or each fight?
          His existing T/R deal was $1.8 over 3 fights. He got $750K for Donaire and the rest was split with Agbeko and Sod.

Frank Warren offered $1.8M for first year of the contract so $600K x 3 fights.

The second year he would get $700K per fight so it could reach $2.1M if he fought 3 times.

Haymon had a deal in place too but he probably walked away because of Caribe's involvement.

Comment

I been saying it was Rigo and his team that have screwed up his career. This guy walks around Miami acting like he is hot ****, he doesn't seem to take his career serious. At his age he should have had over 25 fights by now.

Comment

That does seem more weird rather than anything else. That a guy would turn down $1.8 mill for each fight. Then again, maybe Rigondeaux was thinking about taxes, promoter percentage, manager percentage, trainer/corners cut and Caribe percentage and the total was not pleasant? I mean I think with everything he gives up, everyone's cut, I don't know what he pays everyone, but I imagine taxes and caribe alone is already 50%, then promoter, manager, corner, that has to be something like promoter 27%, manager 10-15%, corner IDK? That leaves Rigondeaux with.....Almost 10% of his net pay???

Someone correct my math?

Comment

Okay so not for each fight, just $1.8mill overall.

That still leaves the question...Caribe takes 20% of $1.8million right away. So that's $360k. So that leaves 1.4mill divided by 3 fights, $480,000 per fight, minus taxes, promoter fees, manager fees, corner fees, snctioning fees. That leaves Rigondeaux with....just above $100k per fight?

I am tired, my math could be off, I worked from 8AM to 9PM yesterday two shifts, then this morning took a math exam, so someone aide me in this math ****. I'm disoriented.

Comment

Thing about boxers today is that they are too greedy and almost don't want to share their earnings with their managers and promoters, when they hired them in the first place. Result is catastrophic inactivity which translates to zero earnings.

Look at that clown Mikey Garcia, as an example. There was also Gamboa...and many others.

Comment

That does seem more weird rather than anything else. That a guy would turn down $1.8 mill for each fight. Then again, maybe Rigondeaux was thinking about taxes, promoter percentage, manager percentage, trainer/corners cut and Caribe percentage and the total was not pleasant? I mean I think with everything he gives up, everyone's cut, I don't know what he pays everyone, but I imagine taxes and caribe alone is already 50%, then promoter, manager, corner, that has to be something like promoter 27%, manager 10-15%, corner IDK? That leaves Rigondeaux with.....Almost 10% of his net pay???

Someone correct my math?
                    Even worse. $1.8M for 3 fights. So $600K per. Then he would up it to $700K during the second year of the contract. Caribe takes 20% .

He's getting heavily screwed. $600K less 20% to Caribe leaves him with $480K. Then you figure the co-promoter will take 20% which is standard leaving him with $360K before taxes. Take that away and he has about $200K and change for him, his managers and his trainers.

Comment

Caribe ****s all his **** up. If they didn't have a claim on him things would be very different.

Comment

Working...
                      X