Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde: Rigo Destroyed Own Career..."Turned Down Many Multi-Million Dollar Offers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    I've mentioned this in another thread and so again in this one, I could give a f u c k about Rigondeaux at this point.

This idiot is blessed with the winning lottery ticket in being a champion and refuses to cash it in by sitting on the sidelines with this aura of self entitlement. You know how many fighter's today that wish they had the opportunity this fool has but will never get this shot or given the time of day?

And to be brutally honest, I'm amazed how many poster's in this thread is defending this s h i t and siting such baseless points to why he should be sitting on the sidelines and not getting ANY MONEY as supposed to what he thinks he should be getting based on his management team.

I mean really people.

What are you so angry about? He's been out this year, that's all. He's having management/promotional/legal troubles. It's not that easy to simply say "go fight!" or else that's what he would have been doing. Yeah, it sucks he hasn't fought this year but it's hardly uncommon in boxing. Guys fight 0-1 time in a year allllllllll the time (often for no good reason at all). Rigo will be back and he'll get all of this stuff ironed out eventually. No need to be angry about it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      What are you so angry about? He's been out this year, that's all. He's having management/promotional/legal troubles. It's not that easy to simply say "go fight!" or else that's what he would have been doing. Yeah, it sucks he hasn't fought this year but it's hardly uncommon in boxing. Guys fight 0-1 time in a year allllllllll the time (often for no good reason at all). Rigo will be back and he'll get all of this stuff ironed out eventually. No need to be angry about it lol
      Not angry but disappointed. This man is one of the last pure pugilist in the sport (if you're a fan of pure pugilist ) and he's wasting away hence why he's being stripped of his title. Couple this with the fact that he's not getting any younger and he has been marketability nightmare with inactivity not helping his case.

That said, wouldn't you want to see more fresher faces obtain and defend their titles where fans would be pleased and appreciate their talents creating a demand for these fighter's to fight and defend more? You know their jobs and what they are paid to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Not angry but disappointed. This man is one of the last pure pugilist in the sport (if you're a fan of pure pugilist ) and he's wasting away hence why he's being stripped of his title. Couple this with the fact that he's not getting any younger and he has been marketability nightmare with inactivity not helping his case.

That said, wouldn't you want to see more fresher faces obtain and defend their titles where fans would be pleased and appreciate their talents creating a demand for these fighter's to fight and defend more? You know their jobs and what they are paid to do?
        Or course I don't want to see Rigondeaux sitting on the sideline. All I'm saying is it's a lot more complicated then him simply sitting out because he wants to. It's been a messy situation, sadly.

I also think any title holder should be stripped of their titles after 6 months of inactivity, unless there is some extremely good reasoning. So for guys like Rigondeaux who have management issues they want to try and work-out, well you're going to have to lose your belt as it's not fair to the rest of the division. There is no reason why fighters can't fight 2-4 times a year.

Comment

• First, I believe only half of what this guy is saying and doubt the other half, I'll list a few names that refused to fight Rigondeaux,
          frampton
          quigg
          mares
          st+
          there you have 4 big names in the sb division, none wanted any part of GR and some guys are blaming the Cuban for it, you are a bunch hypocrites, regardless of the bad business decision, those 4 boxers ran away from him, and a least one of them jumped ship and buyout his contract to avoid him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            My issue is that he doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. This is a mirror image of GGG's situation except GGG formed his own promotional company, fought in obscure areas and was able to still move up in the rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
              Not when everytime you step into the ring you risk a loss, which in turn means you risk getting HALF the money next time.

These guys aren't all Mayweather.. He's already mid 30's... He's got a few years left to earn as much as possible and then thats it... no more money.

I do agree he needs to get rolling, but you cant risk a loss just to fight either.
              Also, if he takes a loss in a stay busy fight, now every meaningful fight that could happen for him is gone. Everyone has an excuse not to get in the ring with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
                Make that 1.2 Million after taxes, and not after you have to pay trainer and any other expenses. He's looking at 300k a fight.
                And that is still better than absolutely nothing.

Comment

• I'll never get the logic of not fighting over promotional b/s like Mikey Rigo and Gamboa did. Just fight let the **** run out don't sign no renewal clauses but fight wtf is the point of not fighting is it just not to give them more money they end up loosing more by not fighting.

Comment

• What......exactly does Caribe do?

Comment

• Ward and Rigo are wasting away, **** is crazy right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X