Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde: Rigo Destroyed Own Career..."Turned Down Many Multi-Million Dollar Offers"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Even worse. $1.8M for 3 fights. So $600K per. Then he would up it to $700K during the second year of the contract. Caribe takes 20% .

He's getting heavily screwed. $600K less 20% to Caribe leaves him with $480K. Then you figure the co-promoter will take 20% which is standard leaving him with $360K before taxes. Take that away and he has about $200K and change for him, his managers and his trainers.
    That's terrible. That's pretty much a normal high paying job, rather than pro athlete money that a Olympic Gold medalist with 300+ amateur fights, pro undefeated title holder should get. That's what I could get. $100k is what a NYPD officer gets with overtime. Good for a normal family with a normal job, not for a guy with Rigondeaux's credentials who gets punched and punches for a living and is on TV. Those are terrible contracts. I mean I would take them in a heartbeat, cause i'm me. But I understand Rigondeaux not taking them after doing the math.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      That's terrible. That's pretty much a normal high paying job, rather than pro athlete money that a Olympic Gold medalist with 300+ amateur fights, pro undefeated title holder should get. That's what I could get. $100k is what a NYPD officer gets with overtime. Good for a normal family with a normal job, not for a guy with Rigondeaux's credentials who gets punched and punches for a living and is on TV. Those are terrible contracts. I mean I would take them in a heartbeat, cause i'm me. But I understand Rigondeaux not taking them after doing the math.
      If you take Caribe out of the picture he saves 20% and gets an extra $100K per fight or $300K per year. That's the underlying problem. These offers were rejected because Caribe is in the way. They do absolutely nothing and take 20% from him.

$900K per year, net for a 122 pound fighter is very respectable.

Comment

I want to see numbers and years of contracts. $2 million is multi million. I would like to see specifics.
        What's the difference?

Any amount of millions is way more money than he's made since top rank let him go.

Comment

That leaves the question, is it his choice to stay with Caribe, or did he signed a contract with them that doesn't allow him to get out of the contract? You have to think, the guy wants to get out of Caribe, they do absolutely nothing, at all. They are like an invisible promotional company. They're imaginary. So it would be interesting to hear Rigondeaux's current take on Caribe, if he wants to leave, cant leave, or what is it.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            What's the difference?

Any amount of millions is way more money than he's made since top rank let him go.
            What you have to do as a fighter to prepare for fights and stay in shape, and the risk you take with every punch landed, it's difficult to think that you are earning $1.8million dollars, but will only see around $200k of that per fight, if you are lucky. That has to be discouraging. It's wrong, justice has to be served to these thieves in Caribe. They have to be doing something that doesn't allow Rigo to leave.

Comment

What you have to do as a fighter to prepare for fights and stay in shape, and the risk you take with every punch landed, it's difficult to think that you are earning $1.8million dollars, but will only see around $200k of that per fight, if you are lucky. That has to be discouraging. It's wrong, justice has to be served to these thieves in Caribe. They have to be doing something that doesn't allow Rigo to leave.
              Where the heck did you come up with those numbers?

How did millions turn into 200k?

Comment

That leaves the question, is it his choice to stay with Caribe, or did he signed a contract with them that doesn't allow him to get out of the contract? You have to think, the guy wants to get out of Caribe, they do absolutely nothing, at all. They are like an invisible promotional company. They're imaginary. So it would be interesting to hear Rigondeaux's current take on Caribe, if he wants to leave, cant leave, or what is it.
                I think Rigo has zero business sense. He's a fighter and put 100% of his trust in these crooks to handle his business.

Comment

"but but but Arum fault because Donaire doe"

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Where the heck did you come up with those numbers?

How did millions turn into 200k?
                    $1.8million over 3 fights. Caribe takes 20%, his promoter takes the usual promoter cut of 27%, his manager takes a cut as well, usually 10-15%, his corner takes a cut, then of course, good ol taxes. That's where I got the math.

But you know in NSB, if a fighter gets $1.8 million, he gets $1.8 million.

Comment

$1.8million over 3 fights. Caribe takes 20%, his promoter takes the usual promoter cut of 27%, his manager takes a cut as well, usually 10-15%, his corner takes a cut, then of course, good ol taxes. That's where I got the math.

But you know in NSB, if a fighter gets $1.8 million, he gets $1.8 million.
                      If he's payong out that much $, thats his own damn fault.

But declining the best offer your going to get sure as heck isn't going to Make things better.

It's not like Rigo is young, he says 30 but he's most people in the biz think he's easily 40+. He better get what he can while he can.

Comment

Working...
                      X