Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG wouldn't fight Ward because of Ward doesn't have any name recognition among casual boxing fans, which is GGG's problem too. Therefore the benefit/risk ratio to fighting Ward was not good enough. GGG would move up to fight Froch or move down to fight Mayweather because the risk/benefit ratio is far greater than it would be to fight Ward. People on this board don't seem to get it and so Ward moved to LH and now will likely face Kovalev. I think Ward is good but not as good as he thinks he is, and Kovalev should beat him rather easily.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      When one fighter can make light middle and the other is now doing light heavy having always been a big super middle I don't see the need for that much discussion on it, yes Terrence big risk.
      Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
      you were saying the total opposite when it came to mayweather and little G hypocrit
      Originally posted by thack View Post
      You'll have to show me that , I have always said that M. shouldn't fight G . If that's what you mean ????
      T.M.T. You're on the missing list .....The truth is you've got your knickers in a twist haven't you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar View Post
        its funny Hammer everyone gets on GGG for his competition, yet, Ward fights Paul Smith, John Smith Steve Smith whatever his name is and tries to fight Murdock . Really Dude has like 3 fights in 4 years and everyone is killing GGG WHO fights 4 times A YEAR, PLUS HIS opponents were ranked. Delmore never heard of him and Burns is a typical Euro trying to keep the title over there. He knows he will lose if he comes over here and fights often so give me a break. Mayweather fought great competion and only fought once or twice a year. yes he fought Berto, but he is as good as Dierry freaking John. Tell Crawford to leave that dump of Omaha and fight Good fighters. Ward . don't even get me started, Dude had his fights on BET (BET SUCKS NOW) crying out loud. I am not even a GGG fan but atleast he stays active.
        He fights four times a year and up until his last fight none of those guys was belt holders his competition has been crap to fight 4 times a year and now a lot of ppl are starting to call him out on it from trainers to current and former boxers, dude has fought one belt holder in his entire almost 10 year career, has defended an ibo belt that's not recognized as a legit belt and you guys are claiming he close to breaking Bhop defense record

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
          They are two divisions apart Crawford.

I wouldn't talk so much if i were Crawford. He's a welterweight who's been hiding in the lower divisions because he enjoys fighting smaller men.
          exactly what little G is doing. he should be at 168

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              exactly what little G is doing. he should be at 168
              GGG would be undersized at 168, Crawford wouldn't at welterweight. Crawford likes beating little great fighters like Gamboa and then taking credit like he hasn't just fought a little man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar View Post
                Crawford is on that Ward train too. He said he is the best active fighter today>? Really Active? Wow! Why doesn't Ward challenge Kovalev? exactly he is trying to fight a guy who is a division or two now below him. Plus What has Crawford done to get to fight Pacquaio. Beat Dierry John and Gamboa. Give me a dam* Break.
                ya because ward doesnt stay at 168 his next 3 fights if ggg would fight him or anything. good grief guys dont u get it hes moving to 175 cause he knows even if he stays at 168 ggg wont man up so hes going on to the next biggest fight he can make for himself which is kovalev. sometimes i think u guys actually believe the crap u say

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Andre Ward beats the brakes off of GGG. Anyone with any sense knows that. The circle jerk is crazy. Floyd gans looked to Ward to save there guy. Then GGG fans looked to Kovalev to save theirs. Everybody is calling everybody hypocrite, but they're all doing the same thing.

Even Crawford is a hypocrite and he's probably worse. His team contacted Postol (same division), then reneged and went and fought Jean instead. Ward, GGG, Kova and Floyd at least were separated by weightclasses, what was his excuse??
                  i mean i kinda get what ur saying but lets be realistic here the ward ggg fight is a good fight and makes total sense they are both in their prime. floyd on the other hand is on the tail end of his career hes old now he may be a great old fighter but hes still old it literally makes no sense to fight ggg even if he miraculously beats ggg on points people would just say he was drained. When all is said and done tho it seems like the one fighter who is actually willing to put his money where his mouth is out of all these fighters is ward and he is bashed the most makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                    GGG would be undersized at 168, Crawford wouldn't at welterweight. Crawford likes beating little great fighters like Gamboa and then taking credit like he hasn't just fought a little man.

Undersized at 168 but willing to fight Froch (considered 2nd best at 168) immediately with no tune up ? Something's off here .

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      Making excuses for Floyd ? U brought him up not me . All I'm saying is that (since u brought it up) GGG is using Floyd's name (like he did Wards) in a disingenuous way to garner attention to himself because Floyd's name rings bells . If GGG was really serious about a Floyd fight at 154 , they why hasn't he accepted a preliminary catch weight offer of 155 from Canelo ? Once again , to answer this requires a firm grasp on reality

Broke , am I ? I truly couldn't tell u if I was , nor could I tell u how to issue out a green thingy or a red one , nor am I trying to figure out how . Why ? Cause its a boxing chat room , not Sonic the Hedgehog where the goal is to collect coins u imbecile.
                      Just like the average Floyd fan. Toss Canelo in the mix, any name will do. As long Floyd is defended. (Canelo is fighting for middleweight titles). GGG offered to come to 154 to Fight Floyd because he's a 3 time champ there. And obviously the biggest name in the sport. That's the reality. They're called facts. Dummy. Carry on kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X