Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll agree with Crawford. If Golovkin wanted to fight Ward, he could've made Ward an offer early this year. SOG has limited options, and GGG could've bent him over the negotiations table. Golovkin could've named the money split, location, and rehydration weight no question. If Ward would've went diva, K2 would've embarrassed him in the media like Ward attempted to do with that disingenuous offer in August.

A win over Ward in any manner would've validated Golovkin's career on the spot. Yes, Golovkin was willing to concede all options vs Froch & Chavez. He would've taken less money and came in a natural MW vs those two because their easier fights, bigger publicity, and still more money than vs Ward.

So lets break it down:
    Golovkin wanted to have his first fight at 168 vs Froch in the UK or Chavez Jr - not Andre Ward.
    GGG Haters Response: Golovkin's a coward.

Ward wants his first fight 175 vs Rohan Murdock/Zac Dunne/Alexander Brand - not Sergey Kovalev.
    GGG Haters Response: Ward's brave.

Furthermore:
    • October 2014 - Sends email to HBO at Rubio fight: "I'll fight Golovkin, anyplace, anytime, anywhere".
    • March 2015 - Signs with RN: "I need 3 tune-up fights".

• December 2011 - "Going up to light heavyweight for the right fight -- not to campaign up there, but for the right fight -- is an option".
    • June 2015 - "I know its a piece that some may not care about, but it's a piece that I have to look at from my standpoint, because once I go up to 175 I'm not going to be a super middleweight fighting at 175. I'm going to be a full-fledged light heavyweight and there is no coming down"

Comment

• im convinced people on here just read the headline and jump straight to comments. why are posters ****tin on crawford now, questioning his achievements, its like once you disagree with a fighter he becomes your enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Crawford ducked Postol and fought Jean, that has nothing to do with Pacman. Team Crawford reached out to Postol, who agreed to fight and then got dumped for Jean, that's a duck. Imam is slated to fight Postol, so Crawford might not even have to fight Postol after all. And while Crawford is getting all the hype, Imam is a serious threat to any top 140lber.
        crawford "ducked" postol but is willing to climb to 147 for pacquiao. .if he gets the manny fight, who gives a fck about postol.

Comment

• GG can't face Ward because Ward was not interested. He just postured, then finally made a fake offer to be held one year later to save face.

This media is not doing it's job of straightening things out. They just let things go out of hand. They could have also asked Crawford why he ducked Postol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            You must be dense. Did you not read the answer? Canelo is fighting for the middleweight title.

Fighting Floyd at 154 is because he'd be accommodating Floyd's demands. A middleweight champion doesn't need or deserve that kind of accommodation.
            But Canelo is innocent in all of this remember , as he's not the one who went up to capture that belt at a catch weight only to attempt to hold it hostage at a lower weight class . That's Cotto who did that . So Canelo has EVERY right to say "I'll vacate , or fight to defend it against u , only at 155" .

While Golovkin pretends that he just wants that belt , we all know he really wants recognition of beating a name which Cotton and Canelo offer to him otherwise he wouldn't be bickering over the 155 catch weight Canelo's offering , but instead he'd be sticking to his original talking points which were "Defend the belt at 160 or vacate" .

So if no weight accommodations should be made for the 160 strap (which I agree they shouldn't ) , then tell GGG to gladly accept the vacated strap and move on without bickering over weight , but he wont , cause he actually wants to fight the smaller guy who also comes with solid name recognition . So its not just about the 160 strap , another CONSTANT lie of his .

So stop lying to yourself believing that 154 is an accommodation that GGG would make for Floyd when he CAN'T even make 155 for Canelo of whom he desperately needs and wants for his deficient resume
            Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 11-02-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Well, it's hard to disagree with Crawford

The path of least resistance for GGG is murdering Cotto (and he would) or Canelo (who doesn't even want the fight or has never fought at GGG's weight).

The path of most resistance is chasing Ward.

He picked the first. Not even close. He beats up the first two. Few doubt that.

Sounds like a boxer, not the ancient honorable warrior his fans like to pretend he is, defending boxing integrity, one title at a time!

Comment

• What a direct LOAD of BULL****

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
                  GG can't face Ward because Ward was not interested. He just postured, then finally made a fake offer to be held one year later to save face.

This media is not doing it's job of straightening things out. They just let things go out of hand. They could have also asked Crawford why he ducked Postol.
                  Your trying to sell sh.t that NOBODY'S BUYING .

Comment

• But Ward Really wanted GGG (In 18 months when he is ready)

Yea, GGG was supposed to say sure bud, let me sign this contract a year and a half early.

Ward is fighting straight garbage. He should be glad GGG team told him to go **** themselves.

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                    GG can't face Ward because Ward was not interested. He just postured, then finally made a fake offer to be held one year later to save face.

It's not the media. Boxers are always fans.

Crawfords opinion, although devoid of facts.

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                    But Canelo is innocent in all of this remember , as he's not the one who went up to capture that belt at a catch weight only to attempt to hold it hostage at a lower weight class . That's Cotto who did that . So Canelo has EVERY right to say "I'll vacate , or fight to defend it against u , only at 155" .

While Golovkin pretends that he just wants that belt , we all know he really wants recognition of beating a name which Cotton and Canelo offer to him .

So stop lying to yourself believing that 154 is an accommodation that GGG would make for Floyd when he CAN'T even make 155 for Canelo of whom he desperately needs and wants for his deficient resume
                    Why the **** would he come down to 155 for Canelo.

Canelo is 20 pounds heavier than Floyd. Coming down for Floyd makes thing more even between the two.

Coming down for Canelo gives Canelo an advantage, because although he is heavier than GGG, he is used to cutting down to 155.

And if GGG was worried about gin Canelo's 15th ranked P4P scalp, why are they saying no way.

It's not as if Canelo is considered a great fighter.

He is a full blown MW who is currently looking to fight WW because he can't hang against guys his own size

Comment

• Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                      Well, it's hard to disagree with Crawford

The path of least resistance for GGG is murdering Cotto (and he would) or Canelo (who doesn't even want the fight or has never fought at GGG's weight).

The path of most resistance is chasing Ward.

He picked the first. Not even close. He beats up the first two. Few doubt that.

Sounds like a boxer, not the ancient honorable warrior his fans like to pretend he is, defending boxing integrity, one title at a time!
                      Plus he makes way more money for beating up those two , than he would fighting Ward who has beaten nobody in the last two to 3 years .

Comment

Working...
                      X