No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Golovkin Didn't Face Ward Due To Big Risk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    Undersized at 168 but willing to fight Froch (considered 2nd best at 168) immediately with no tune up ? Something's off here .
    He was willing to go to 168 for Froch just like he is willing to go to 154 for Mayweather due to the payday. Ward doesn't offer that and he no longer fights at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      i mean i kinda get what ur saying but lets be realistic here the ward ggg fight is a good fight and makes total sense they are both in their prime. floyd on the other hand is on the tail end of his career hes old now he may be a great old fighter but hes still old it literally makes no sense to fight ggg even if he miraculously beats ggg on points people would just say he was drained. When all is said and done tho it seems like the one fighter who is actually willing to put his money where his mouth is out of all these fighters is ward and he is bashed the most makes no sense
      I used to be a big fan of Andre Ward. (He was my pfp best fighter), while dominating the super 6. Then he placed himself on the shelf and developed diva like attributes minus the star power of the original diva's Floyd and Pacman. You won't be paid like them if you don't draw like them.

Ward has only recently decided to go to 175 and fight Kovalev. That's a damn fine move. If he does and wins?! No one can talk mess about him. But to fight GGG at 168 isn't really that impressive for him. GGG has never been there. But to fight Kovalev? Now that's impressive, win or lose.

Comment

Making excuses for Floyd ? U brought him up not me . All I'm saying is that (since u brought it up) GGG is using Floyd's name (like he did Wards) in a disingenuous way to garner attention to himself because Floyd's name rings bells . If GGG was really serious about a Floyd fight at 154 , they why hasn't he accepted a preliminary catch weight offer of 155 from Canelo ? Once again , to answer this requires a firm grasp on reality

Broke , am I ? I truly couldn't tell u if I was , nor could I tell u how to issue out a green thingy or a red one , nor am I trying to figure out how . Why ? Cause its a boxing chat room , not Sonic the Hedgehog where the goal is to collect coins u imbecile.
        I will say this about you though, you're truly a cut above the rest of your litter. Floyd fans love to throw around negitive karma when they don't like what they hear. I myself usually don't throw neg karma around unless returning it. But even then you resort to childish name calling. No worries though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Just like the average Floyd fan. Toss Canelo in the mix, any name will do. As long Floyd is defended. (Canelo is fighting for middleweight titles). GGG offered to come to 154 to Fight Floyd because he's a 3 time champ there. And obviously the biggest name in the sport. That's the reality. They're called facts. Dummy. Carry on kid.
          GGG is looking for "A" name , and any will do since he has none on his resume thus far . Cotto/Canelo both qualify as they both carry heafty fan bases . So imma ask u again and hopefully this time you'll answer . Why would GGG call out a Floyd fight at 154 , but hasn't accepted a preliminary catch weight offer to fight Canelo at 155 ?

Let me solve this puzzle for u since I know u lack the aptitude to do so yourself = HE CANT MAKE 155 , LET ALONE 154 , just like he knew Ward couldn't make 164 . The guy and his mouthpiece camp are completely full of sh.t
          Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 11-02-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I will say this about you though, you're truly a cut above the rest of your litter. Floyd fans love to throw around negitive karma when they don't like what they hear. I myself usually don't throw neg karma around unless returning it. But even then you resort to childish name calling. No worries though.
            Please explain what exactly equates to negative karma ?

And how long have u been teaching clases on Universal Law ?

Comment

GGG is looking for "A" name , and any will do since he has none on his resume thus far . Cotto/Canelo both qualify as they both carry heafty fan bases . So imma ask u again and hopefully this time you'll answer . Why would GGG call out a Floyd fight at 154 , but hasn't accepted a preliminary catch weight offer to fight Canelo at 155 ?

Let me solve this puzzle for u since I know u lack the aptitude to do so yourself = HE CANT MAKE 155 , LET ALONE 154
              You must be dense. Did you not read the answer? Canelo is fighting for the middleweight title.

Fighting Floyd at 154 is because he'd be accommodating Floyd's demands. A middleweight champion doesn't need or deserve that kind of accommodation.

Comment

Please explain what exactly equates to negative karma ?

And how long have u been teaching clases on Universal Law ?
                ****, I guess you are dense. How long have you been in the business of imagining things??

Comment

floyd is low risk, high reward
                  ward is high risk, low reward

golovkin makes business decisions just like any other fighter. ward would make ggg look real bad and most likely shut him out, that will put a dent in that boogeyman persona, even though theres no shame in getting schooled by ward. but this debate is pointless now, ward is at LHW on a collision course against kovalev, a guy ten times more dangerous than ggg. and golovkin is obviously focused on canelo/cotto winner, no point in debating this further until golovkin moves up to 175 or 168.

but both ggg and ward are elite fighters, anybody that denies it is in denial. if the only guy that can beat golovkin is a guy of wards caliber, that shows you golovkin is no joke himself, whoever he faces at 160 will be considered a "bum". thats the curse of being too dominant. ggg has no equals at 160.

Comment

I believe Golovkin and his team arent just afraid to fight Ward, they are afraid to move up in weight at all. GGG is a perfect sized Middleweight. Once he moves to 168 he becomes pretty small to me. They are going to wait and keep acting like Cotto or Canelo is the only big fight for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rustyjaguar View Post
                      Crawford is on that Ward train too. He said he is the best active fighter today>? Really Active? Wow! Why doesn't Ward challenge Kovalev? exactly he is trying to fight a guy who is a division or two now below him. Plus What has Crawford done to get to fight Pacquaio. Beat Dierry John and Gamboa. Give me a dam* Break.
                      i guess you've been under a rock the last few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X