Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about no catchweights. If you can't move up then don't. If you can't make weight anymore then time to move up.

I wouldn't want to see Ward vs GGG at 164 either so spare me the "what about".

Canelo is saying he plans to fight at 155 lbs 5 times in a row.

That isn't a division. You're a middleweight you wimp.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I think 156 is fair.

And I think Golovkin has no reason whatsoever to refuse that catchweight.

And I would favor Golovkin to win.

If he refuses a catchweight, I will be left with only one conclusion.
      You need to understand this:
      If GGG/K2 refuse a catchweight, then Canelo will either have to fight at 160 or kiss that title goodbye.
      GBP is going to have to pay money out the nose for this CW Canelo needs so much

Comment

• ive been saying this to you dumbass fans that after what little G did to him in the sparring session with head gear. alvared is never fighting this man. cotto will but alvared won't. he was all hear say in front of the cameras but believe me he and oscar knows better

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Why ?

He did the exact same thing that Golovkin did to Ward.

Did Golovkin lose half of his fanbase ?

Golovkin can still find a girlfriend on NSB, Canelo will be fine.
          Don't pretend to be this ignorant. Golovkin does not hold any belts at 168 and Ward is not his mandatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
            Beyond 160, you mean like..... when they signed the contract for the Chavez Jr fight and sent it back to TR, then Chavez Jr ran away to Haymon?
            Like when they would've gave Froch a hometown fight at SMW on PPV(everything Froch wanted) and Froch chose to retire?
            Because they wouldn't sign Ward's dumb**** "deal" agreeing on a 50/50 split for a fight next year...when Ward will be a LHW and GGG will be worth more money?
            **** sake this place is crazy. How many of you can remember what you had for lunch yesterday? lol
            No, I was referring to the " defining moments " at 160.

The Cotto/Canelo winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              To clarify, Canelo gets dumped on for not moving up to fight Golovkin but the same guys say Golovkin (who is at least 170 on fight night) can't go to 168 to fight a guy he called out? Pick a set of standards and stick with it guys. Your arguments are weak as hell.
              But but but but..........

Then come the excuses

Comment

• They should fight anyways.

It would be hilarious if this backfires on Canelo and he end up being weight drained himself.

I'm sick of catchweights, A side bull****, etc. It's a shame when a legit Middleweight has to drain himself to challenge for the MW title against a junior Middleweight who will only fight below 160 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                  How about no catchweights. If you can't move up then don't. If you can't make weight anymore then time to move up.

I wouldn't want to see Ward vs GGG at 164 either so spare me the "what about".

Canelo is saying he plans to fight at 155 lbs 5 times in a row.

That isn't a division. You're a middleweight you wimp.
                  But, when was it convenient for you to decide that ?

Catchweights have been around for a long time now.....

So..... is that permanently, or just for this fight ?

Have you supported catchweights in the past ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    To clarify, Canelo gets dumped on for not moving up to fight Golovkin but the same guys say Golovkin (who is at least 170 on fight night) can't go to 168 to fight a guy he called out? Pick a set of standards and stick with it guys. Your arguments are weak as hell.
                    Canelo is already a middleweight. 155 is middleweight. He is just stalling and ducking.

You can't compare GGG or Ward to this. Sure they've both requested (and Ward has fought at) catchweights before.

Canelo is a career catchweight. A 155 lb weight division doesn't exist. If you fight there 5 times in a row you should either be considered a middleweight or be ineligible to fight for belts.

Everyone else has to play by the rules, so does he.

Who knows how much different every fight in history would have gone if everyone got their own "custom" weight division.

Comment

• Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                      You need to understand this:
                      If GGG/K2 refuse a catchweight, then Canelo will either have to fight at 160 or kiss that title goodbye.
                      GBP is going to have to pay money out the nose for this CW Canelo needs so much
                      Why would that worry you ?

A fair fight, and the winner takes everything they decide to put on the table.

Sounds great to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X