No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough fight for Canelo

[QUOTE=KO'er;16156030]There is certainly going to be a problem after November 21st. It appears, based on the recent comments by Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, that he doesn't plan to compete in the middleweight division and intends to move back to junior middleweight following the scheduled contest with WBC champion Miguel Cotto.

The winner of Cotto-Canelo has been ordered to face WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) next. Golovkin, who holds the WBC's interim title, is the mandatory challenger to the full belt.

I believe if Canelo fought Golovkin it would look something like Diego Corrales vs Angel Manfredy, with Golovkin emulating Corrales. Google the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
      That Belt means absolutely NOTHING to Canelo. This fight overshadows what they're fighting for. He can drop that belt, head back down to 154 and fight for that Vacant 154 WBC Strap

Hell, Canelo could lose to Cotto and I guarantee he will be fighting for a title at 154 his very next fight somehow
      The cotto canelo fight could be for the wbc 154 lbs title. Isnt it vacated already?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        So in other words, Golovkin can't move up and he can't move down. That, anyone from 154 to 168 call out pretty much shrunk to only 160.
        Only 160 for a 160 title makes sense, don't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
          GGG is the mandatory. No way out for Cotto nor Canelo unless the winner vacate the championship.

Catchweight allowed for mandatory defense?
          It's allowed, but only if the challenger agrees to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            The cotto canelo fight could be for the wbc 154 lbs title. Isnt it vacated already?
            WBC website still shows Floyd is the champ at 154

Comment

• I want to see GGG fight Ward. Ward is a big dude and so is GGG but there is a speed advantage for Ward. I think this fight will be made eventually but I think GGG's team want to make a little more money first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                Golovkin's team: "Anyone from 154-160" doe
                That's his team talking, not him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                  You knew damn well GGG would have to bend over for this fight. I'm not surprised,just fight, I dont care about the belt. You talked the talk about making 154 and now you're being held to it. It's like Canelo said he'd go to 150 for Floyd and guess what. Watch what you say. The 100,000 PPV doesnt help either.
                  Yeah, and the PPV figure for GGG/Lemiex is getting lower every day. It will only have sold 25k by next week.

Comment

• Looks like GGG is will become the undisputed middleweight champ by default. If Canelo is firm on this, and Cotto already is, then its by default. Its sad that these fighters want to be considered middleweight champions but refuse to fight at the middleweight limit. In my opinion it defeats the purpose of having these different divisions if fighters are allowed to fight at catch weight. Its getting out of hand.

Comment

• Canelo saw what happened to Lemiux and said "no mames way"

Comment

Working...
                      X