Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo says that but I think he may change his mind, depending on how the Cotto fight goes. I think he and GGG will meet even at 155 which GGG may actually do because of what a mega event it will be. Cotto isn't fighting GGG regardless of the weight lol, Roach/Arum would never let that happen. No disrespect to Cotto but we all know Cotto ends up in the ER if he steps in the ring with GGG. Canelo I think has a decent chance to compete with GGG at least but Cotto has zero chance to I feel. Cotto has the skills and experience sure, just not the size, chin or skin to hold up to GGG shots.

Comment

• Coward! What a disgraceful comment the title is being held ransom what a disgrace and plus Canelo is what 168 lbs 30 days out?! He's a f****** middleweight now! What a b***!

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        No he won't.
        Yes he will. U just said that "GGG is not wrong"

Comment

• I wonder if this is Oscar in his ear saying "dont fight that man" after seeing what he did to Lemieux. Canelo never struck me as a fighter to stray away from a challenge. He got in the ring with both Lara and Trout just to prove the haters wrong. He didnt have to take either one of those fights but he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            i didn't write the rules of boxing

155 is a middleweight, he's a middleweight
            So if 155 is MW, GGG can fight him at 155, right?

Why is 164 acceptable, but 155 not?

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              Coward! What a disgraceful comment the title is being held ransom what a disgrace and plus Canelo is what 168 lbs 30 days out?! He's a f****** middleweight now! What a b***!
              the crazy part is even if he was a middleweight, he would be a chunky one with a brutal rehydration ahead of him

he and david lemieux are about the same size (same height, same weight laced up, both a few pounds heavier than golovkin) and lemieux looked half dead at the weigh ins

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                So if 155 is MW, GGG can fight him at 155, right?

Why is 164 acceptable, but 155 not?
                164 isn't acceptable, ward can't make 164

but the two situations are not comparable

ward's last fight was at light heavyweight
                canelo's was at middleweight
                golovkin's was at middleweight

two are in the same division, one is way heavier, and golovkin weighs the least of the three and it would be a middleweight title bout between two middleweights... the catchweight is just a stalling tactic, nothing more. Bluffing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  To clarify, Canelo gets dumped on for not moving up to fight Golovkin but the same guys say Golovkin (who is at least 170 on fight night) can't go to 168 to fight a guy he called out? Pick a set of standards and stick with it guys. Your arguments are weak as hell.
                  If GGG had a super middle weight title you'd have a point but Canelo is fighting for a middleweight title now and will have one if he wins so its not the same thing.

On top of that if Canelo is a jr middleweight and just too small for 160 why the hell has he had 3 fights over the jr. middleweight limit? (Kirkland, Lara and Angulo) Hes was too big for 154 for those fights and when GGG is brought up hes too small for 160.

If GGG weighs 170 on fight night at middleweight and Canelo is weighing more than that on his fight nights but fighting at jr middleweight (or 155), who's the bigger guy? Against Angulo Canelo weighed 174 lbs but he's not ready for middleweight right? Hes ready for middleweight hes just not ready for GGG.

Comment

he can't return to 154, he can barely make 155
                    ... wait for Canelo at the weigh-in for the Cotto fight! Canelo will come up over 155...

Comment

164 isn't acceptable, ward can't make 164

but the two situations are not comparable

ward's last fight was at light heavyweight
                      canelo's was at middleweight
                      golovkin's was at middleweight

two are in the same division, one is way heavier, and golovkin weighs the least of the three and it would be a middleweight title bout between two middleweights... the catchweight is just a stalling tactic, nothing more. Bluffing.
                      He's fought JMWs at 155. He's never fought a MW and isn't ranked by anybody at MW. Sometimes you just have to use common sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X