No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I hate CW's too, and in my opinion either Cotto or Canelo have to take their responsability, (specially Cotto being the MW champion).

See the problem are the double standards and contradictions, GGG and his team talk. "I will fight Chavez Jr or Froch @168 , big fight, big drama show, for Ward? he ain't relevant, he needs to regain status, I only fight him @CW 164............

It's right there folks, if you blind and you don't want to see facts, it's on you.

BTW I'm a Golovkin fan, really like his boxing. not hating on him.
    Great post !

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      No way Cotto fights Triple G at 160... Canelo is his only possiblity..I'm sure Canelo will ask for a CW too even though he cried about a catch weight with Floyd
      Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
      To be fair, GGG's team should not said 164 to Ward though... makes GGG and his team seem hypocritical...
      p
      But why they respond to Ward at all is beyond me.. dude needs to work his way back to HBO from BET before I'd even respond to him..
      Golovkin and Co. made themselves look soft with that one. Now they're gonna cry when Cotto demands one but demanded a cw for Ward only and not Jr or Froch.

Comment

Please!

Originally posted by Floyd Junior View Post
        Yeah, but I suppose the main difference is that a Cotto or Canelo, just like GGG, would be a middleweight champion. And the fight would put 3 middleweight championships on the line - 2 of which would belong to GGG. So quite rightly, GGG should expect the fight to take place at the normal 160 pound middleweight limit.

The 164 catchweight with Ward involves two men in separate weight classes without any concern for belts at 160 or 168.
        Do you even know what you are talking about wards 168 belts would have been on the line at 164!!! The weight class is 161-168!! GGG was asking for the same thing he is talking crap about with Canelo & Cotto!!

Comment

cotto at 140 vs a 140 version of ggg is a great even pick em fight

canelo vs ggg at any weight is a mismatch man doesnt know how to deal with floyd's jab with no pop on it..please dont tell me he has ggg's down lol

but i dont want to see either fight at 160 even it up a bit for these fake mw's or let them walk

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I hate CW's too, and in my opinion either Cotto or Canelo have to take their responsability, (specially Cotto being the MW champion).

See the problem are the double standards and contradictions, GGG and his team talk. "I will fight Chavez Jr or Froch @168 , big fight, big drama show, for Ward? he ain't relevant, he needs to regain status, I only fight him @CW 164............

It's right there folks, if you blind and you don't want to see facts, it's on you.

BTW I'm a Golovkin fan, really like his boxing. not hating on him.
            Yep, I think that's obvious to see. Ward is a threat and, to an extent, they're not confident of beating him or even having the desire to take him on. And why would they. They can easily remain at 160 and continue racking up knockout wins, without an ounce of pressure to move up.

Comment

I would say the same if I was GGG right now too regardless if it was true or not. Maybe he is even being 100% legit (his lowest pro weight is 158.5lbs & iirc he fought at 165 as an amateur before turning pro, so how low can he go).

I tend to think when he realizes that he can either have the belt or he can have the belt, a huge payday & a W over one of the biggest names in the sport a catchweight fight will sound a whole lot more reasonable to him. I mean I think he's gotten about as famous as he's gonna get off of guys being "scared to fight him" & that whole angle. He's gonna actually have to fight the name guys to build himself into a big PPV attraction or the current PPV results will be his high water mark.

I do think Canelo will be much easier to please, but with the 155lb limit he's been doing who f#cking knows. The more **** K2 brings up (the 15 day agreement window, not doing catchweights) & looking at the actual cards in play (GGG not fighting below 158.5 during his pro career, Cotto never fighting above 155, Cotto only fighting above 157 once vs a guy with a kickstand for a leg) I am thinking its less likely a GGG vs Canelo or Cotto will be happening in the first half of the year as I originally expected.

Comment

Originally posted by jesuswalks28 View Post
                Do you even know what you are talking about wards 168 belts would have been on the line at 164!!! The weight class is 161-168!! GGG was asking for the same thing he is talking crap about with Canelo & Cotto!!
                With regards this 164 catchweight issue, I don't believe Ward's 168 titles (or whatever he has left of them?) were talked about being on the line. The negotiations didn't even get as far as that.

Comment

catchweights are bad for the sports, especially in title fights, but canelo cotto winner is the A-side, so expect GGG to come down to 156

Comment

"Catch weights ok for me to ask. Catch weights bad if Cotto/Canelo ask. Big drama show, I'm a good boy."

Comment

if GGG is not open to accepting catchweights, then he shouldn't be offering them either

Comment

Working...
                      X