Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Rejects Idea of Catch-Weight For Cotto, Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's a ****** argument really.....golovkin said he would go down to 154 to fight floyd....that's the light middleweight limit so it's a totally different weight class....so that's why he would go down another weight class .....but both canelo and cotto are fighting in the middleweight division And that ranges from 154 to 160 so how can they possibly ask for a catchweight if they are in that division.....if I was golovkin I would say to them that's fine you weigh in at 155 or 156...I'll weigh 159 and have a 3lb advantage over you... In my eyes this has never happened in any scenario where all 3 fighters are campaigning in the same division but 2 of them want to change the way divisions have always been contested......I think sugar ray Leonard was one of the first to introduce a catchweight but he boxed donny lalonde who was a light heavyweight and Leonard last boxed as a middleweight against hagler a year before so they contested a mutual weight of 168....so lalonde went down to 168 and Leonard went up to 168..... Canelo and cotto are asking golovkn to come don in weight even though he is actually at the weight .....that's crazy lol

Comment

Da man is GGG all you floydites BOW NOW!!!

Be thankful jr didn't fight GGG

And now Cotto and Canelo are in deep****

It's 160 or handover the belts go retire or something

Comment

Originally posted by jesuswalks28 View Post
        Do you even know what you are talking about wards 168 belts would have been on the line at 164!!! The weight class is 161-168!! GGG was asking for the same thing he is talking crap about with Canelo & Cotto!!
        In Ret@rdville, aka Planet GGG. They have convinced themselves that catchweight fights are non-title fights. Therefore it was OK for GGG to duck Ward with a catchweight demand. But its criminal for Cotto or Canelo to ask GGG for a catchweight. Even though both fights would be title fights.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Translation: He'll beat the piss outta my new reason to live. And I don't want the ride to end. No matter how fake it is.
          you justify that comment because Ward would be the favourite over a much smaller guy?

Your bias has long been exposed, but that's a low even for you

Comment

Money talks, they will do catchweight just like Oscar-Hopkins (157). GGG will not leave that money on the table over few pounds. And it will have no impact on the bout, he beats both Cotto and Canelo.

Comment

Translation: He'll beat the piss outta my new reason to live. And I don't want the ride to end. No matter how fake it is.
              Even if Ward defeated GGG I don't see how it would be relevant or impressive. Nobody would be very impressed if Kovalev beat GGG.

I think it's time for you to just curl up and die in the sport of boxing. They are not going away. You still have a couple champions in MMA. Go there and cling to them.

Here, you're done. the Ward vs GGG obsession is proof that there is no hope left.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                Well it's a ****** argument really.....golovkin said he would go down to 154 to fight floyd....that's the light middleweight limit so it's a totally different weight class....so that's why he would go down another weight class .....but both canelo and cotto are fighting in the middleweight division And that ranges from 154 to 160 so how can they possibly ask for a catchweight if they are in that division.....if I was golovkin I would say to them that's fine you weigh in at 155 or 156...I'll weigh 159 and have a 3lb advantage over you... In my eyes this has never happened in any scenario where all 3 fighters are campaigning in the same division but 2 of them want to change the way divisions have always been contested......I think sugar ray Leonard was one of the first to introduce a catchweight but he boxed donny lalonde who was a light heavyweight and Leonard last boxed as a middleweight against hagler a year before so they contested a mutual weight of 168....so lalonde went down to 168 and Leonard went up to 168..... Canelo and cotto are asking golovkn to come don in weight even though he is actually at the weight .....that's crazy lol
                Hopkins-DLH was contested at a catchweight of 158lbs. Hopkins entered the fight as the WBC, WBA, and IBF champion. DLH entered the fight as the WBO champion. Its not unprecedented by any means. GGG us just a clown that's started reading his press clippings and thinx he's some kinda shot caller now.

Comment

Golovkin knows that Cotto weighs 153.

Thats all you really need to say on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                    Sorry GGG but your team has made you look like you scared.

Funny how he would fight Chavez Jr. Froch at 168, yet he only would fight Ward @164............SMH.
                    Bow now dude take back all you have wickedly said about GGG because when he fights your favorite fighter GGG will destroy him

Comment

In Ret@rdville, aka Planet GGG. They have convinced themselves that catchweight fights are non-title fights. Therefore it was OK for GGG to duck Ward with a catchweight demand. But its criminal for Cotto or Canelo to ask GGG for a catchweight. Even though both fights would be title fights.
                      Poor dumbazz. When GGG and Ward were about equal in the money department it was then that Ward said NO doe

Now that GGG filled MSG over 20000 you want Ward who fills a grade school gym to get equal dough ??????

Comment

Working...
                      X