No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: Best Pound For Pound is Ward or Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    Pacquaio has a case for #1 p4p regardless of his record...put your hate aside and your fanboy love for Ward. Ward has only been in one division his entire career...that's fine he owned that division outright but you can hardly compare that achievement and arguably excellent at other weight classes.
    It comes down to the criteria.

For some, style plays a part.

To have a current list, I think style/form are likely the most important.

So, if Ward was naturally 5'7" and 145lbs, and he fought Pac, who would win?

Or..... if Pac was naturally 6' and 168lbs, and he fought Ward, who would win?

Keyword = naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      Im saying Ward is extremely overrated and has fought zero P4P entrants
      So what, who has ?

Very few P4P listers actually fight because of weight disparity.

Listen, lists are subjective, they are completely individual.

You can have your list however you want.

It means nothing really.

Just remove Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Kind of a disgrace that people would say a guy who has been inactive and fought nobody significant in over 3 years (and that was a washed up and weight drained Dawson)... should be #1 lb for lb
        I will say again, it likely comes down to styles.

If Ward was naturally 5'7"-145lbs, and he fought Manny, who would win ?

This is just one list, others dont recognize Ward.

Just pick the list you like ^^

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
          It's amazing how P4P#2 (Pac) just fought the best fighter of today, P4P#1 (Floyd), in a competitive (but boring) fight, loses, and now somehow ranked #8, smh.

Pac just fought 3 undefeated fighters in a row, 2 are P4P fighters, while taking two zeroes with him and losing to P4P#1.
          I agree with that pretty much.

Really dont know what criteria they used.

Producing a P4P list, without defining the criteria, is pu55y stuff really.

If someone was picking say..... an ALL TIME list, from active fighters, Pac would likely be #1.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            It comes down to the criteria.

For some, style plays a part.

To have a current list, I think style/form are likely the most important.

So, if Ward was naturally 5'7" and 145lbs, and he fought Pac, who would win?

Or..... if Pac was naturally 6' and 168lbs, and he fought Ward, who would win?

Keyword = naturally.
            We have differing views on P4P, I think it's different for HW because that's where they are stuck to dominate due to genetics but for other fighters sandwiched between other divisions who move up in weight and class and carry over that same performance that to me stands out more. Honestly I get why people think so highly of ward but Ward has been in one division his whole pro career, and honestly outside of the super six...I can't say there has been much of a challenge for Ward. He's guilty of much of the same as Golovkin except for the super six.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
              So if Ward has to beat a LHW to easily number 1, WTH does GGG has to do? Let me guess, beat Cotto or Canelo...what a joke.
              Be smart, don't be a ****** - Eminem

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I will say again, it likely comes down to styles.

If Ward was naturally 5'7"-145lbs, and he fought Manny, who would win ?

This is just one list, others dont recognize Ward.

Just pick the list you like ^^
                Obviously Manny.
                Too quick for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                  You must be running out of ways to get attention, had to reach to the bottom of the barrel for the good ole race card huh.
                  the man is right and you know it. mental ward was good but not no more

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    We have differing views on P4P, I think it's different for HW because that's where they are stuck to dominate due to genetics but for other fighters sandwiched between other divisions who move up in weight and class and carry over that same performance that to me stands out more. Honestly I get why people think so highly of ward but Ward has been in one division his whole pro career, and honestly outside of the super six...I can't say there has been much of a challenge for Ward. He's guilty of much of the same as Golovkin except for the super six.
                    Like I said, it comes down to criteria.

In my book, the number of divisions you fought in has nothing to do with it.

Before P4P lists were published, the idea of P4P was born from bar-room discussions about mythical matchups that would probably never happen, and often those matchups were across different era's.

The question is, who is the best fighter..... and the criteria was based on the latin phrase "ceteris paribus", or "all things being equal".

Well, the " equal " in boxing is weight/size.

In your opinion, IF Ward was naturally 5'7"-145lb, and he fought Pacquiao..... OR, if Pacquiao was naturally 6'-168lb..... who would win that fight?

It has nothing to do with how many divisions you represented.

That comes down to size/metabolism/body type/circumstance/etc.

All that is irrelevant, and ceteris paribus also accounts for heavyweights.

Like I said earlier, current P4P lists should come down to ability/style/form.

IMO people over-complicate P4P and ATG evaluations, but without defining the criteria it becomes an impossible task.

I will go with ceteris paribus, it allows for all divisions, and it is relevant because you dont get points for old wins..... body of work is for ATG discussion not P4P imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
                      Obviously Manny.
                      Too quick for Ward.
                      I was not attempting to pick a winner.

just providing an example of ceteris paribus being used to define P4P criteria.

Comment

Working...
                      X