Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mayweather lost weight between the weigh in an the fight night in Canelo fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    lol it ranks up there. I don't believe Floyd's weight. He dwarfed pacquiao in their fight and he was allegedly only 150 while pac was 153. They say that's his weight to add to his lore.
    It's ridiculous to argue against the facts, fight night weights are determined on the scales, they aren't sucked out of thin air.

The tv networks have their own scales which they use to weigh the fighters on fight night so they can broadcast their weight for the fans and analysts.

To argue against someone's fight night weight is to argue against the scales, to argue against the scales is a dumb ass move because both fighters use the same scale on fight night just like at the one day weigh in they use the same scale.

You guys are so eager to satisfy your hateful agenda that you would even sacrifice your intellect and credibilty to do it, that's insane bra.

Generally, guys who have the kind of physique that Floyd has generally look bigger than they are, it is the illusion created by their rippling muscles. My only brother is a testament to that. My eyes pop out every time he and I step on the scales after we work out, his weight is ridiculously small for someone his size. I know a lot of skinny guys who, when they tell me their weight, it's way bigger than his.

Look particularly at very agile and athletic guys, those are the guys who often weigh much less than what they look, my brother is also one of those guys. Look at the pro athletes, sprinters like Gatlin, Gay, Bolt, Asafa Powell, etc etc, you look at their physique and then you check out their weight on wiki and your eyes pop out at how low it is.

Your eyes can deceive you, but the scales don't lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Loooooooool. Another ****ty thread from the great mind that brought you these classics:

When was the last time Mayweather fought someone taller than him?
      Mayweather Illegal defense
      2010, Shane Mosley was taller.

Cotto,Canelo, Guererro, Maidana, all same height as him.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        1) Losing 1/2 lbs between weigh-in and fight night indicates nothing! Only to a fool does it prove something.

2) Him weighing the same just proves he does not belong at SW. Pacquiao did the same thing for his fight versus Margarito.

i thought pac was 150 for the marg fight???

Comment

• This guy came from 130lbs and it's so difficult for his detractors to understand that he is not a big person. What does it do for you if he weighs a ton on fight night

Get over it.

Comment

• Even if the 150 fight night weight is not true. I doubt he weighs any more than 153-160 on fight night. He was still the smaller guy almost every fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              No fighter loses weight between the weigh in and the fight night! it's plain BS. They always gain a few pounds.

He was looking huge against Canelo. Had more muscles than him. Pacquiao in that fight not only had a WW-like fight night weight, but he had also weighted in in the WW category! it's not the same by any means. Mayweather had weighted in at 150.5 which is inside SW limits.

Nice try.
              Lol, so what, if Mayweather ate a full meal just before weigh in, and then only ate a balanced meal two to three hours before the weigh in on fight night, it could easily account for the 1/5 a pound.

You're not going to go into a fight on a full stomach, but you can go to a weigh in on a full stomach if you're not worried about making weight since you know you aint gonna reach the limit anyway.

Lol, if you think that half a pound means anything significant then you're a fool.

Also, one point you have failed to adress is the fact that fight night weight are determined by fight night scales, and the fact that the exact same scale is used for both fighters. So tell us how the scale gives false readings for mayweather but no for Canelo?

smh

Comment

• Pretty simple, he doesn't kill himself to make weight so he's floating around 149-152 range and he weighed in 150 and a half for the weigh in and 150 unofficially.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                  The 7 days weigh in are also official and they show Mayweather was weighing in at 152.5 lb. Crazy eh?
                  Maybe he ate a cheese burger and pizza. Lmao!

Maybe he weighed in with his clothing on?

Lol, there are a number of reasons the weight could be higher on that day, the fact of the matter is that ALL of those weights, 30 day, 7 day, 1 day, AND fight night/unofficial weight, are determined on the SCALES!

To argue with his fight night weights is to argue against the scales, and to argue against the scales is confirmation of your stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                    Even if the 150 fight night weight is not true. I doubt he weighs any more than 153-160 on fight night. He was still the smaller guy almost every fight.
                    This is probably correct. He is around 153-160 I believe. He was outweighted in most of his WW fights but not by as much as he wants the people to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      lol it ranks up there. I don't believe Floyd's weight. He dwarfed pacquiao in their fight and he was allegedly only 150 while pac was 153. They say that's his weight to add to his lore.
                      He said he was 149 on fight night vs Pacquiao. But he also said he was 148 vs Cotto on fight night(after weighing in officially at 151). He's always his lightest when he doesn't disclose his weight coincidentally(but loves to "tell" you his weight).

And his weight has also always been exactly 150 when it is "revealed" since coming back from retirement. So I'm not sure what to make of that.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-28-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X