Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mayweather lost weight between the weigh in an the fight night in Canelo fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Mayweather, only fighter that sees it as beneficial to misinform the public about his unofficial weight. I think it's that time we make an official thread for anything Mayweather related.
    You can't give an explanation to this, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      For the canelo,maidana (1&2) and the Pacquiao fight,I'd say he was roughly somewhere between 151 and 155. It's obvious that he does rehydrates,but they want to keep on that image that "Floyd walks around at 150" and that "full 154 is too much for Floyd".
      This is the problem, you can suppose what you want, but without proper information, we can only guess. The only fact we know is that it's BS that he walks around 150. Maybe he was about 151-155, or maybe he was around 160 in WW fights and around 165 in his SW fight against Canelo. We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Not sure about all of this but I think his team might want him to be at 150 on fight night. Maybe it makes him perform better?
        That's what it is in my opinion, it's to maintain whatever sharpness he's had throughout camp, that's what I've always believed. This is why he's very accurate as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          That's what it is in my opinion, it's to maintain whatever sharpness he's had throughout camp, that's what I've always believed. This is why he's very accurate as well.
          So he is the only boxer in the world that lost weight between the weigh in and fight night, at the same time that looking bigger than his opponent that was supposedly out weighting him by 15 lbs, while he was weighting the same that he was weighting in a WW fight where he was clearly smaller physically.

Yeah, makes sense. Guess what? NO, it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
            For the canelo,maidana (1&2) and the Pacquiao fight,I'd say he was roughly somewhere between 151 and 155. It's obvious that he does rehydrates,but they want to keep on that image that "Floyd walks around at 150" and that "full 154 is too much for Floyd".
            You do realize that even for his 30-day weigh-ins, he's usually around 148 to 150 lbs. And he has never made 154 lbs for the 154 lbs fights for the weigh-ins.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              You can't give an explanation to this, can you?
              For starters I don't see a size difference between those two fights, Ortiz and Canelo. I'm looking at it right now, second those two photos you provided are horrible if one is to compare sizes. Mayweather has weighed himself unofficially a lot, all of them fake?

Comment

So he is the only boxer in the world that lost weight between the weigh in and fight night, at the same time that looking bigger than his opponent that was supposedly out weighting him by 15 lbs, while he was weighting the same that he was weighting in a WW fight where he was clearly smaller physically.

Yeah, makes sense. Guess what? NO, it doesn't.
                You've never weighed yourself after waking up in the morning, being 2-3 pounds less? That's normal. Oh and Canelo looked significantly bigger, not sure what your looking at there, look at Canelo's legs for fucks sake.

Comment

This is the problem, you can suppose what you want, but without proper information, we can only guess. The only fact we know is that it's BS that he walks around 150. Maybe he was about 151-155, or maybe he was around 160 in WW fights and around 165 in his SW fight against Canelo. We don't know.
                  We also have 30-day weigh-in information. And his 30-day weights are pretty consistent (148 to 150). Then add to the fact that he does workout year-round. Also keep in mind he's never made 154 lbs for any weigh-in.

You are reaching! You might as well say Pacquiao went into the ring at 160 lbs versus Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    We also have 30-day weigh-in information. And his 30-day weights are pretty consistent (148 to 150). Then add to the fact that he does workout year-round. Also keep in mind he's never made 154 lbs for any weigh-in.

You are reaching! You might as well say Pacquiao went into the ring at 160 lbs versus Margarito.
                    I am reaching? then explain this two facts to me:

1) Mayweather losing weight between weigh in and the fight night.
                    2) Mayweather weighting the same in a WW fight than a SW fight.

You take those facts for truth? that is what comes from those pictures.

Another fact: fighters tend to dehydrate a bit for the 30 days weigh in too, just in case. They lose some pounds, so you can't take that weigh as the fight night weight. For example, GGG weighted 165 in the 30 day weigh in for the Lemieux fight, but he's near 170 on fight night. He also weighted in at 165 for the 30 days weigh in in the Rubio fight.
                    Last edited by _Maxi; 10-11-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      So HW's dehydrate for a weigh-in? This might be the single most moronic post I've ever read here.
                      lol it ranks up there. I don't believe Floyd's weight. He dwarfed pacquiao in their fight and he was allegedly only 150 while pac was 153. They say that's his weight to add to his lore.

Comment

Working...
                      X