No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    Oh, so I'm assuming Ward and his team and fans will be saying that Kov should call out someone like Yoan Pablo Hernandez because they'd be afraid or something?

I don't get exactly what your post meant seeing how Ward's actually you know, fought quality comp.
    I meant Golovkin fans are banking on Ward acting the way Golovkin is and making a ton of excuses to not fight Kovalev. They all insist that Ward will duck Kovalev and they'll be pissed when he doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      332 comments but somehow this fight wont sell
      It's the same fans saying the same stuff.

The vast Majority of fans don't come to comment boards.

And all GGG threads are like this, he has a fan base.

If Ward wasn't connected to GGG, no one would give a damn.

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
      Cotto-Canelo winner is alot safer. Golovkin can continue fighting guys like Willie Monroe for good money while he waits for a easier payday.
      GGG is getting the Lineal MW belt that Cotto/Canelo will be holding, unless one of them man's up and beats him.

He will then go for the 4th and final major title at MW.

I bet at that point he'll have plenty of big fights to choose from.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I meant Golovkin fans are banking on Ward acting the way Golovkin is and making a ton of excuses to not fight Kovalev. They all insist that Ward will duck Kovalev and they'll be pissed when he doesn't.
        He can't act the way GGG does. Does he have a unification on HBO ppv and a megafight mando for 3 belts plus lineal? No, his alternative to the HBO deal is BET, yet he seems strangely indecisive

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          332 comments but somehow this fight wont sell
          " Ward is not relevant doe "

Now we know why they used every excuse in the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            If Canelo dropped the belt to fight Cotto again, he wouldn't lose one iota of respect from anyone who matters to him; that "Mexican style" ruse hasn't transferred anywhere beyond Southern California.

Beyond that, Canelo's not a MW; he's likely to go back to 154/155 (depending on what world titles are free), take whatever fights, and continue to grow on the 400k+ PPV audience that he already has.
            Oh wow the excuses for Canelo to duck are already starting lol.
            Canelo and GGG are roughly the same size on fight night. GGG was 170lbs on fight night vs Monroe Jr. Canelo is 170+ on fight night for fights at 155-159lb catchweights.
            Canelo is a MW draining himself for a weight advantage. GGG is a MW fighting at his natural weight.
            If the Cotto-Canelo winner chooses to vacate rather than defend the Middleweight title vs GGG then that is as clear of a duck as you will see
            Holy **** this place is crazy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              " Ward is not relevant doe "

Now we know why they used every excuse in the book.
              When is Andre Ward's next tune up and what weight will he be fighting at?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                This ^^

I cant wait for that fight.

Hopefully, the direction that Yormark referred to is a move to 175.

And if Team Ward pull the same rubbish that Team 36-minutes have tried to pull I certainly will not make myself look silly by trying to make excuses for him.

The best news is that Ward has officially moved on.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Uh but you're clueless with numbers and such. Lol at Ward being a better money option than Canelo/Cotto.
                  10% on a Cotto/Alvarez fight vs 55% on a Ward fight, from a monetary standpoint, isn't all that difficult to figure out.

1m PPV buys @$70sd gives you $70m in revenue; distributors/HBO take their share and you're down to $35m. Promoters take their own piece, and the fighters end up with $30m. 10% to Golovkin takes his take to $3m.

55/45 split, to get Golovkin the same $3m, puts the fighter's pot at ~$5.5m. Working backwards (promoter's take added back in, HBO/distributor's take, etc), you're looking at $12m-$13m in PPV revenue being needed to get the same purse for Golovkin.

@$50sd, Golovkin takes home the same money if the fight does 260k PPV buys, hypothetically.

lol, at you thinking that Cotto/Canelo would actually be splitting up the money remotely evenly with Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    10% on a Cotto/Alvarez fight vs 55% on a Ward fight, from a monetary standpoint, isn't all that difficult to figure out.

1m PPV buys @$70sd gives you $70m in revenue; distributors/HBO take their share and you're down to $35m. Promoters take their own piece, and the fighters end up with $30m. 10% to Golovkin takes his take to $3m.

55/45 split, to get Golovkin the same $3m, puts the fighter's pot at ~$5.5m. Working backwards (promoter's take added back in, HBO/distributor's take, etc), you're looking at $12m-$13m in PPV revenue being needed to get the same purse for Golovkin.

@$50sd, Golovkin takes home the same money if the fight does 260k PPV buys, hypothetically.

lol, at you thinking that Cotto/Canelo would actually be splitting up the money remotely evenly with Golovkin.
                    Your projections are a joke, remember? Hey you know Floyd should have taken 50/50 to fight Winky Wright instead of his humiliating cut vs Oscar, its better business.

Make a thread for me bud, what's more lucrative for GGG, Canelo or Ward. Go ahead and open up with your powerful calculations lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      It's the same fans saying the same stuff.

The vast Majority of fans don't come to comment boards.

And all GGG threads are like this, he has a fan base.

If Ward wasn't connected to GGG, no one would give a damn.

GGG is getting the Lineal MW belt that Cotto/Canelo will be holding, unless one of them man's up and beats him.

He will then go for the 4th and final major title at MW.

I bet at that point he'll have plenty of big fights to choose from.
                      And I bet he continues to choose wisely

Comment

Working...
                      X