Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Nation is trying to Save Cotto, its really that simple.

I surprised the waited 36 minutes

They spent 36 minutes laughing at how desperate Ward was getting.

YES, at that point they had no intention on fighting Ward.

ISNT THAT EXACTLY WHAT LOEFFLER JUST SAID. THAT BY THE TIME THEY SENT THE EMAIL, THEY HAD MOVED ON.

And Ward wanted the fight for next year.

The Quote:

Ward made GGG 1# priority.

But our offer was for next year.

Umm, so which one was it dumb ass, first priority, or after another tune-up.

They cannot even lie straight in the same press release.

Comment

• You guys ready for that movie "Team Triple Duck"? coming October 17th?

Team Triple Duck cast:

Tomduck Duckoeffler(Promoter), Abduck Duckez(trainer), Ducckady Duckovkin(the fighter), Punching bag/KO'ed stuntman(David Lemieux).

Genre: Comedy/Adventure

It's gonna be fun!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Chad Dawson was on TV, talking about how he was ready to come down to 168 to see Andre Ward, and Ward held him to what he said when the negotiations happened. If Dawson had kept his mouth shut, HBO would've had the 175 kingpin and the 168 kingpin, and angled for a kingpin vs kingpin fight, between the two, likely at a catchweight.

Team Golovkin ran their mouth about "fighting anyone 154-168", were ready to fight Chavez Jr @168, and were ready to fight Froch @168 (would've probably fought Arthur Abraham @168 if it were offered, tbh).

Ward is simply holding Golovkin to what he's said.
        Again, Love how Ward's team starts going ape **** when Shaw and Dawson want to talk about whose idea it was for that fight to be at 168
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQwNn-jrV98

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          It's actually the opposite. GGG fans are all right and Ward fans are all wrong. Ward wanted GGG at 168. All the advantages to him. He was the height advantage, the reach advantage, and wants the fight as his weight? what else? fighting in Oakland with the refs he wants? change GGG gloves too? no way man. GGG's name is bigger than his now. He has to negotiate with GGG. and GGG offered 164 with is fair. Hell, GGG was willing to go down to 154 for Mayweather. Why can't Ward go down to 160? Why GGG has to go up to 168?

See? actually the Ward fans are the ****** ones here. Also, GGG wants the lineal title at 160 which he deserves. He will get it sooner or later, and once he has unified the division he can do whatever he wants. He still has three of four years of prime so he has time to go up.

But the ******ity of Ward fans gets even worse, when they defend their fighter after requesting three tune ups to fight Kovalev, when they wanted GGG to go up and fight Ward at 168 directly.

Ward is a pusy and a Diva. GGG wants the WBC title which he deserves. GGG is a proven fighter. Avoided by every champion. Avoided by Martinez, Sturm, Cotto, Chavez Jr... all of them avoided him. He has beaten world champions in amateurs and made them look like babies. He is for real. Ward is a pusy that relies on cheating.
          Isn't that what chasing greatness is about, overcoming disadvantages? And GGG facing fighters who are disadvantaged (clearly ****ty like all his opposition so far, or coming up from a smaller weight) isn't him having all the advantages? This is exactly the type of hypocrisy I was referring to.

Ultimately, GGG had a chance to solidify a position as p4p #1, and chose to go the easy route instead. I'm also fairly certain I've seen you criticise an ATG fighter in Floyd for far less offences.

Comment

He was 173 with three weeks to go to the Paul Smith fight.

Do you earnestly believe that Andre Ward couldn't have gotten off 5 pounds in three weeks if he had to? lol

And, with Ward already being in camp less than four months from his last fight, the weight is even less of an issue.
            You're assuming just because he was 173 3 weeks away from the fight that that would be his walk around weight? There's a reason he's planning a trip to 175 soon, and it's not just because of a lack of options at 168.

None us know exactly what Ward's walk around weight is, using examples from 2 or 3 years ago doesn't really say anything for a fighter that's been inactive, nor does his 3 week weigh in weight. It's all speculation.

I think he walks around 180. I don't have any proof of that. I just think with his commitment to head to 175 he's bigger than what many believe. Golovkin likely walks around 175. Not a huge gap between the two. Again, just speculation.

Comment

Chad Dawson was on TV, talking about how he was ready to come down to 168 to see Andre Ward, and Ward held him to what he said when the negotiations happened. If Dawson had kept his mouth shut, HBO would've had the 175 kingpin and the 168 kingpin, and angled for a kingpin vs kingpin fight, between the two, likely at a catchweight.

Team Golovkin ran their mouth about "fighting anyone 154-168", were ready to fight Chavez Jr @168, and were ready to fight Froch @168 (would've probably fought Arthur Abraham @168 if it were offered, tbh).

Ward is simply holding Golovkin to what he's said.
              Yeah at some point he agreed to fight Ward when that was the best money around. Then he got bigger, and Chavez and Froch brought the money, so agreed to fight the above his weight.. Now he's the money man after Cotto/Canelo, and he'll take care of them soon

But you remember Ward could beat Klitschko, would be HW champ at 32, and was ready for top 175 way back. Now he needs 3 tuneups for top 175. No problem with that, its some p4p ****, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                It's crazy how soon people forget that Ward made Bad Chad come down to 168, not even a CW like his 172.
                Ward didn't make Chad do anything. Chad called him out at 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  You guys ready for that movie "Team Triple Duck"? coming October 17th?

Team Triple Duck cast:

Tomduck Duckoeffler(Promoter), Abduck Duckez(trainer), Ducckady Duckovkin(the fighter), Punching bag/KO'ed stuntman(David Lemieux).

Genre: Comedy/Adventure

It's gonna be fun!.

Did and the other ten Ward fans think that up over a bucket of crack?

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  243 comments already and team ggg wants to pretend ward ggg would not be a gigantic money making fight because like they say its because ward wouldnt be a big fight lol na its cause they scared they dont think they can win and it will ruin the money train period. Give me a break

luckily ward is not playing games with his fans and is now going to fight kovalev while ggg can fight the overmatched andy lee woopdeeee fricken doooo
                  Ward cant give out tickets.

If it was a money fight, it would be because of GGG, because Ward cant sell out a fight in his own state.

What is poor Ward gonna do, he cant get GGG to fight him.

And he sure doesnt want Kolalev.

Funny, Ward maid a MW his number 1# priority.

So is Ward saying he thinks GGG is top dog, or is he saying he isnt ****, and has to go down to fight a 160 fighter?

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  If the intent was never to fight Ward, K2/Golovkin should've kept their mouths shut, muzzled Sanchez, and kept their focus on 160.

The moment that Sanchez started to run his mouth, HBO/K2 kept things going, and all Golovkin did was sit there with his cheesy, Ward's ears perked up (and he wasn't about to just sit there and let someone make him look like a punk).

Ward-Golovkin is simply the manifestastion of the very agenda that HBO/K2/Sanchez has used to get the boxing public to give a care about Golovkin. If this wasn't the account wanted, they should've never thrown Ward's name in the mix or put down his entire weight class.
                  Ward is the one talking.

They just said it, after the tune ups, GGG was Ward's 1# priority.

But this is GGG fault. LOL, ******ed.

Originally posted by damian War View Post
                  Dawson-Hopkins II post fight

KELLERMAN: You are now once again the light heavyweight champion of the world. You've gotten rid of all the old fighters in the division but there's some new interesting young fighters here. Any interest you in particular?

DAWSON: I mean I would love a fight with Andre Ward. I mean I think that would make for a great fight.

KELLERMAN: Super middleweight champion.

DAWSON: Super middleweight champion. I could make 168 or we could do it at 175 —a catch weight— it don't matter to me. I wanna make my statement known. I want everybody to know who I am. I wanna go after the big dogs.

ward made him come down doe
                  Ward didnt do it at 175. Ward was A-side,

Against GGG, Ward is C side.

No one but a few Cotto fans suddenly like Ward.

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Ward dictated the terms therefor he made him fight at 168 instead of fighting him at 175. Smart move by Ward but he in fact did make him come down. Dawson dared to be great and lost. Ward forsnt dictate the terms with GGG so if the fight happens it's on GGG terms not wards. Ward wants the fight GGG will decide at what weight because he is the a side(hate that term).
                  Ward isnt catching up to GGG.

Problem is, at some point people have to watch him fight.

It becomes clear that he is boring.

His dirty trick, head butts, holding the arms, CoWard style is hated by most fans.

Comment

• OH WARD (Really Cotto, Canelo Fans who are afraid), dont want to hold Ward to that

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Yeah at some point he agreed to fight Ward when that was the best money around. Then he got bigger, and Chavez and Froch brought the money, so agreed to fight the above his weight.. Now he's the money man after Cotto/Canelo, and he'll take care of them soon

But you remember Ward could beat Klitschko, would be HW champ at 32, and was ready for top 175 way back. Now he needs 3 tuneups for top 175. No problem with that, its some p4p ****, right?
                    Because Abel says something, and GGG has to take the fight when Ward deems it ok.

But Hunter says something, they will quite literally just ignore the comment.

Comment

• Bottom Line is Ward is a LHW, GGG is a MW

The simple Fact Ward has put his entire stock in fighting a guy that is smaller than him, well that tells you a lot.

I could see if GGG had belts at SMW or LHW. But he does not.

Ward is a pathetic turd, nothing more, nothing less.

He is sitting back crying that GGG wont save him.

Dude, go fight someone.

GGG got big dog fights.

None of you can stop it.

Comment

Working...
                      X