No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roc Nation: GGG's Team Turned Down Ward in 36 Minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Unless you got an agenda it makes no sense for GGG to fight Ward. To start GGG would have to jump up in weight. Makes all the sense in the world to build his PPV power vs another champ at his current weight, fight one of the biggest names in boxing at his current weight after in Canelo or Cotto & probably a solid chance he'll fight the loser after that just cuz thats a ****load of money too. And probably all on PPV. Then he can go up to 168 & call the shots vs Ward & Ward & Roc Nation will be the ones yaying or naying GGG & his peoples offers & thinking how ***y 40% is.

Meanwhile while GGG is making moves, Ward is holding his **** fighting fringe contenders as the co-main or to 5k fans in his home arena. I mean Ward is a bad mfer. GGG isn't exactly an unbad mfer himself either & all the heat right now is on GGG after Ward fumbled all the heat he had post-Super Six tournament.
    If the intent was never to fight Ward, K2/Golovkin should've kept their mouths shut, muzzled Sanchez, and kept their focus on 160.

The moment that Sanchez started to run his mouth, HBO/K2 kept things going, and all Golovkin did was sit there with his cheesy, Ward's ears perked up (and he wasn't about to just sit there and let someone make him look like a punk).

Ward-Golovkin is simply the manifestastion of the very agenda that HBO/K2/Sanchez has used to get the boxing public to give a care about Golovkin. If this wasn't the account wanted, they should've never thrown Ward's name in the mix or put down his entire weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      What words did I twist around?
      All your posts are twisted words to suit your agenda. By your logic GGG is ducking Ward ok cool based on the same logic mayweather ducked margarito pwill winky and GGG to name a few
      While Ward is ducking kovo. He needs 3 tune ups before he fights him and your saying at least he is showing interest in fighting them and you are ok with that?
      Yet you bash on GGG saying he is ducking Ward who is now 2 weight classes above him, when GGG is going to headline his first PPV and fight for the undisputed lineal MW crown! But your ******ed logic wants GGG to go up 2 weight classes to fight for way less money and no title?
      REALLY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        If the intent was never to fight Ward, K2/Golovkin should've kept their mouths shut, muzzled Sanchez, and kept their focus on 160.

The moment that Sanchez started to run his mouth, HBO/K2 kept things going, and all Golovkin did was sit there with his cheesy, Ward's ears perked up (and he wasn't about to just sit there and let someone make him look like a punk).

Ward-Golovkin is simply the manifestastion of the very agenda that HBO/K2/Sanchez has used to get the boxing public to give a care about Golovkin. If this wasn't the account wanted, they should've never thrown Ward's name in the mix or put down his entire weight class.

you do understand that circumstances change, dont you? Most of the conversations about Ward happened at a time when K2 couldnt get any other 160 champs to fight, so they were looking outside the division. They had signed to fight Chavez, and also reached out to Hearn to make a Froch fight. And during that entire time, Ward was quiet as a church mouse.

Well NOW that is no longer the case, they have Lemieux made, they are mando for Cotto-Canelo winner, and then probably Lee after that. And of course NOW here comes Ward making offers that only a compete ****** would take seriously. GGG's dance card is full for the next 6-12 months. So let Ward go fight Porky Medina or someone on an undercard somewhere, and maybe the fight can be revisited when GGG is finished at 160
        Last edited by OnePunch; 10-10-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          When has Ward or his team ever compromised? Exactly.
          Ward took money off of his own purse to make the Rodriguez fight, and Ward was ready and willing to travel to the UK (though not Froch's hometown) to give Froch a rematch [even if the fight wasn't big enough to host Wembley, the O2 in London seats 18k+ people and would've easily sold out, at almost any price].

When there was a need to bend to make things happen, Ward has shown that he was willing to bend. try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            So I'll take that as you're not gonna answer my question.
            When is Ward going to be finished with these tune ups he needs so bad?
            That's when he will fight GGG or Kovalev.
            Andre "I need a handout" Ward is just going to take it easy for the next year/18 months vs Dmitri Sartison and Zac Dunn(at 172lbs) and let other fighters do all the leg work building the fight up.
            Everybody owes Andre Ward a pay day because he was in a tournament 4 years ago
            Ward fan "logic" lol. What a bunch of cornball horse ****

Comment

• "Sign to fight me 50/50 split 18 months from now when you'll be worth more money and I'm finished with my tune ups" - Andre "I Need A Handout" Ward

Can't blame him for trying, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                It's crazy how soon people forget that Ward made Bad Chad come down to 168, not even a CW like his 172.
                Dawson-Hopkins II post fight

KELLERMAN: You are now once again the light heavyweight champion of the world. You've gotten rid of all the old fighters in the division but there's some new interesting young fighters here. Any interest you in particular?

DAWSON: I mean I would love a fight with Andre Ward. I mean I think that would make for a great fight.

KELLERMAN: Super middleweight champion.

DAWSON: Super middleweight champion. I could make 168 or we could do it at 175 —a catch weight— it don't matter to me. I wanna make my statement known. I want everybody to know who I am. I wanna go after the big dogs.

ward made him come down doe

Comment

• Originally posted by damian War View Post

KELLERMAN: You are now once again the light heavyweight champion of the world. You've gotten rid of all the old fighters in the division but there's some new interesting young fighters here. Any interest you in particular?

DAWSON: I mean I would love a fight with Andre Ward. I mean I think that would make for a great fight.

DAWSON: Super middleweight champion. I could make 168 or we could do it at 175 —a catch weight— it don't matter to me. I wanna make my statement known. I want everybody to know who I am. I wanna go after the big dogs.

Love how Ward's team starts going ape **** when Shaw and Dawson want to talk about whose idea it was for that fight to be at 168 lol
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQwNn-jrV98

Comment

• Originally posted by damian War View Post

Ward dictated the terms therefor he made him fight at 168 instead of fighting him at 175. Smart move by Ward but he in fact did make him come down. Dawson dared to be great and lost. Ward forsnt dictate the terms with GGG so if the fight happens it's on GGG terms not wards. Ward wants the fight GGG will decide at what weight because he is the a side(hate that term).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

Well sure K2 had a plan. Hell they had about 7 plans up til a few months back & fair play to them trying to get any one of them going. They were trying to get anything going cuz GGG has been in that too risky for the pay position for quite awhile so he made lil to no sense for big name opposition. Therefore none of those plans went anywhere.

Now they're lined up to fight one of the biggest names in the sport sometime, likely in the first half of 2016, on PPV in probably the biggest fight of next year & he's getting his PPV cherry broken soon which will likely allow GGG to end the year as the A side fighter vs Ward when/if that fight every does get made. And Ward will continue to spin his tires cuz he's got lil to nothing to do in his division & seems to keep misplaying hands & thinking he's more valuable then he is. Both are talented fighters & I think Ward is the more talented guy & would beat GGG, but Ward is completely delusional about his options & earning power after parlaying his Super Six W into sitting on his couch for the better part of 4 years. Or thats my take anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X