Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beiber Jabs '******' People For Floyd Mayweather Hate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sad little boy is probably going to be like Chris Brown beating up girls. Beiber is a mental midget when it comes to publicity. Just like when he was talking chit about pacquiao and then wants to take a picture with him at the mall. What a phukken **** rider.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      His last fight proved he's not as popular as his fans think and that most of his sales were driven by fighting Latinos on Mexican holidays. You would think all of his supposed fans would be falling over themselves to buy tickets or order his last fight, it should have been a big deal, instead it was a flop. And yes Floyd fanatics 500k buys for a 32 million dollar fighter is a flop.
      What happened to the Latino's buying ppv when Canelo only did 300-350 fighting Lara and Angulo? Or Cotto-Martinez 350,000? 500,000 would be considered good for any other fighter.The standards for Mayweather are higher for a reason.

Whether you like it or not there is a reason why he is the highest paid athlete in the sport and no I don't care about his money or his popularity. But dis*****g it looks ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
        Did it ever occur to you that Mayweather is a a huge reason boxing is so unpopular today?
        pivoting to some existential garbage theoretical BS rather than addressing the question. Typical deflection.

I made no statement about how popular he was, just that the numbers suggested he was more popular than a poster suggested.

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Popular is not the word I would use to describe the reason for Floyd's ppv success.

There would not have been a drop of 4mil ppv buyers from Floyd's fight with Pac to his last fight if he was as "popular" as you claim he is.

That goes to show you that people arent paying solely to see him fight. They're mostly paying to hope to see him lose.
        Just because you choose not to use it, doesn't mean he isn't popular.

That's ridiculous. ODH dropped over a mil from Floyd to Manny and you would say both ODH and Manny are popular.

Again, speculation. ODH was popular but his numbers had peaks and valleys as well.

Floyd is polarizing like Kobe, john cena, serena and others. Too often people mistake polarizing for unpopular.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          His last fight proved he's not as popular as his fans think and that most of his sales were driven by fighting Latinos on Mexican holidays. You would think all of his supposed fans would be falling over themselves to buy tickets or order his last fight, it should have been a big deal, instead it was a flop. And yes Floyd fanatics 500k buys for a 32 million dollar fighter is a flop.
          Didn't Mayweather-Mosley do 1.4M (Correct me if I'm wrong), didn't Mayweather-Hatton do 925K?

Also, what his last fight proved is what we already knew going in, no one was gonna buy it.

Comment

So Floyd plays the villain role and says controversial things to get attention...but people who fall for it are ******?

But many of those people are buying ppv's like Floyd wants.

I dont think Beiber has thought this one through.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Didn't Mayweather-Mosley do 1.4M (Correct me if I'm wrong), didn't Mayweather-Hatton do 925K?

Also, what his last fight proved is what we already knew going in, no one was gonna buy it.
              Yes and 500-550,000 with a fighter like Berto actually exceeded my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                Yes and 500-550,000 with a fighter like Berto actually exceeded my expectations.
                There was even a poll where most actually expected those numbers too, now they're acting surprised

Comment

Anyone that believes Floyd just puts on an act are the ****** ones. There's a documentary on the guy there with, if I remember right his sister, and the other his mother saying he's always been this obnoxious little brat.

It's just him. But obviously no one remains in the same state of mind, he's not gonna go through every waking moment talking sht, he has his down time, his humble time like any normal person. But the sht about "I just made a persona that would sell" is a load of bullsht, I've seen the guys attempts at acting and he's horrid.

Comment

Where I come from its totally ok to beat woman
                    Like a dog for whatevers or beat woman down for having a bad day , or nearly beat them to death for valid man reasons. unless its you or someone else beating your mom cause thats not cool, that doesnt get you hood points .

Woman are just a mans pleasure toy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      pivoting to some existential garbage theoretical BS rather than addressing the question. Typical deflection.

I made no statement about how popular he was, just that the numbers suggested he was more popular than a poster suggested.

Just because you choose not to use it, doesn't mean he isn't popular.

That's ridiculous. ODH dropped over a mil from Floyd to Manny and you would say both ODH and Manny are popular.

Again, speculation. ODH was popular but his numbers had peaks and valleys as well.

Floyd is polarizing like Kobe, john cena, serena and others. Too often people mistake polarizing for unpopular.
                      To Floyd's credit, he worked hard and was able to stay undefeated throughout his career.

Once he made a move to the WW division, he abandoned his fan friendly style and adopted a safety first approach to every fight. His style wasnt popular amongst the majority of fans.

As for his ppv success, I credit it to a few things.

1st - His aura of invincibility. Many people tuned in when facing a perceived threat to see who can put an end to his streak.

2nd. - His role of villian (although I dont think its a roll because he seems like a true douche ) played right into the hands of casuals. It created even more of a demand for those who wanted to see Floyd finally get beaten.

3rd - The fanbase of of high profile opponents. Floyd resorted to piggy backing off the mexican fanbase and fighting on Mexican holidays. His fights with Oscar and Canelo did big numbers due a number of factors. Their popularity and fanbase along with Floyd being undefeated and hated by the masses created a perfect combination for a ppv success.

4th - His fight with Pac. These were 2 of the biggest names of the past 10yrs in the sport. On top of being wildly popular, many believed Pac would be the one to finally dethrone Floyd.

He didnt have a Tyson or Pacquiao type of drawing power where fans tuned in to actually see them fight and destroy their opponents. They tuned hoping to see him lose.
                      Last edited by Deevel916; 10-01-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X