Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on 'Little G' Golovkin: Fans Were Hoodwinked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward should fight Beterbiev. Beterbiev wants a good fight before taking on Kovalev and this would tell Ward if he has what it takes at LHW. Let's see Ward step up and take on a serious opponent, even if Beterbiev is lacking in experience. They can fight right here in Montreal.

Comment

• I've seen this before. Call out fights when the fighter is not available.

I want to see this fight. But it's obvious both camps are just grandstanding and use the media to fool everyone. I have to see real negotiations going before I start believing any of this crap.

Make the fight happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
        I've always liked GGG and have defended him in the past against those who attempt to marginalize his accomplishments. But I cannot excuse him ducking Ward , cause at the end of the day many of those Ward statements came from him , not just his camp . If his camp has decided to put the brakes on fighting Ward to be cautious then at that point it's up to GGG to man up and demand to his handlers that he's gonna fight Ward regardless of what they say . What can they do at that point , leave him ?
        or.....

Team Golovkin can stop talking shht and keep it real !

e.g.
        " it may have been possible to arrange fights with Froch/Chavez at 168, but Ward is a different animal entirely..... Chavez has limitations, and Froch had faded, whereas Ward is the king of the division and a very well-skilled well-rounded fighter..... we would prefer to wait for Gennady to officially move to 168 before facing Ward, to ensure a level playing field and to give Gennady the best chance against such an elite fighter like Ward "

If I read something like that from Loeffler, I would say fair call, good for them, smart decision-making from Team GGG.

But no, they want to persevere with this avoided killer bullshht, to the extent of stating that Ward is an easy KO, and rubbish like..... "when we knock out Ward, everyone will avoid us".

I like Golovkin, and I like his style..... and I would probably support him if his team could keep it real.

I am NOT into manufactured fighters.

Seen too much of that rubbish recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          I've seen this before. Call out fights when the fighter is not available.

I want to see this fight. But it's obvious both camps are just grandstanding and use the media to fool everyone. I have to see real negotiations going before I start believing any of this crap.

Make the fight happen.
          Where is GGG's camp grandstanding? They were working on a unification title fight, announce the fight and then Ward's camp makes a ridiculous offer? Sounds like the only grandstanding here is being done by Ward. Get back to me when Ward has a title unification fight signed and GGG decides to come out and challenge him after it's announced.

Comment

Cotto has recently made strong comments suggesting he will avoid GGG and goldenboy has also recently made comments suggesting they will divert the GGG path as well (at least for now) . So if I'm delusional, then u pretending like GGG options are soooo lined up and plentiful makes u severely autistic .
            Did he ?

I have heard Cotto state that he will do whatever Miguel Cotto wants.

And I have heard Cotto state that he will not fight a MW at 160.

But I never heard Cotto state that he will not fight Golovkin.

I think that he will fight Golovkin, but not at 160, or even close.

And I think that Team Golovkin will refuse to give him a catchweight.

They just want the belt, they do not want difficult fights.

You could be right, maybe I missed a quote or an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              So how long are you gonna give him excuses for ducking Kovalev? It's a more competitive fight, doesn't he owe it to the fans? And to himself? His other options are sad, and his career is in the dumps
              So, you dont think Golovkin/Ward would be that competitive ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mate_Parlov View Post
                I am big fan of Ward, but I am confused why is he trying to rebuild his career on GGG? His lack of character starts to turn me off. First the Gossen thing where he turned his back on him and now this???

He should focus on rebuilding himself as a fighter and let the others lead his career, promotion etc...

He made an offer to GGG (who just signed contract with Lemiux to) for a fight 50/50 split at 172 and GGG refused. Understandably. Since GGG will not be available until 2017, Ward should try to make a fight that can be made. DeGale, Stevenson, Kovalev.

We want to see meaningful fights so he can earn himself getting back to the top of p4p. He does not need gifts from Ring ****zine!
                Pretty much shows where his career is at now.

What's funny is he's talking about offering Gennady a month ago when Gennady-Lemieux was made 8-9 weeks ago and has been in the works obviously for weeks before that. Of course Golovkin isn't interested after he signed a fight already

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  Get that big bully GGG, Ward!!!!!!! You can do it!!! Protect our little Floyd. ****in cheerleaders.
                  Great post.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    You keep posting me a link to the standardised weight divisions in boxing, and there's no need for you to do that. I could run through all the divisions, and all the weight limits, just from memory, as easily as counting from 1 to 10.

What I'm trying to explain to you is that a catchweight is a private, ad hoc arrangement between 2 fighters and their teams, and every catchweight fight happens within one of the standard weight divisions.

A fight that happens at a CW of 172lbs is a LHW fight.

A fight that happens at a CW of 155lbs happens at MW, which is why the WBC have sanctioned Cotto/Canelo as a MW title fight.
                    No, that is flawed logic, and inaccurate.

1) LHW = 175

2) less than 175 = a catchweight fight, NOT a LHW fight..... otherwise I could weigh the LHW divisional limit, which is 175..... an additional weight restriction moves the fight away from the standard divisional limit

e.g.
                    Calling Canelo a MW, for weighing 155, is highly ******ed shht
                    * he can OBVIOUSLY make 154, and is weighing 155 out of entitlement..... you can call him a lazy b1tch, but you cant call him a MW..... if you think that there is no difference between a 155lb Canelo and a 160lb Canelo you are fkn dreaming and know nothing about this sport..... and if you do know the diffference, then stop being dishonest by calling him a MW

The Smith fight, was a catchweight bout between 2 SMW's at 172lb.

Ward wanted the catchweight to avoid having to make 168 first up following inactivity/injury.

You are taking your position simply to protect Golovkin.

The fight between Peterson and Matthyse was held at 141lb.

Was that a welterweight fight ?

Dont forget that both of those guys are STILL junior welters willya

Its about understanding weight, and using some common-sense.

Comment

The first two sentences of your post speak volumes about the selective amnesia GGG fans suffer from . Please try to remember that this GGG vs Ward thing didn't just start with Wards recent offer , nor did it start with Ward , it actually goes back some years now when GGG and camp decided to use Wards name to get fans to salivate and to build ggg's brand . Now that the brand is built off of a bold "I'll fight Ward" declaration, GGG can now pull the bait and switch and back out because fans like yourself are "good boys" as GGG would say , and won't hold him accountable. It's YOUR lack of character that should not only be turning u off but making you vomit ! Ward is doing EXACTLY what he's supposed to , which is : Trying to cash in this f.cking wolf ticket GGG sold him and the rest of the boxing fans .
                      Thats right, nobody is picking on Golovkin here.

We just want him to back up the shht talking, or STFU about Ward.

About two weeks ago, when Sanchez stated that Golovkin could easily KTFO Ward, but that would not be advantageous to Gennady because then he would be unable to get a suitable opponent..... that comment should have been ridiculed by Golovkin fans.

But it wasn't.

So Golovkin and his fanboys are fair game today.

Comment

Working...
                      X