No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Fans Should Criticize Fighters Ducking Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Fans should criticize the people not fighting GGG, but most fans, especially here on NSB, are used to criticizing the guy being avoided rather than the fighters doing the avoiding.
    I'm glad Lemieux took fight it can only go up from there with his competition now gotta hope lee beat Saunders and triple G can grab that belt more and more you here Oscar talk you can see WBC belt getting dropped for rematch for vacant WBC belt at 154 with cotto when WBC finally strips Floyd at convention in December

Comment

i can understand why old small cotto would avoid GGG, but what excuse those guys like quillin have???????? and it disgusts me that people hate on lemieux yet he has more heart more courage!!!! to fight GGG. he could easily have made excuses too and take the ibf belt hostage in montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
        i can understand why old small cotto would avoid GGG, but what excuse those guys like quillin have???????? and it disgusts me that people hate on lemieux yet he has more heart more courage!!!! to fight GGG. he could easily have made excuses too and take the ibf belt hostage in montreal.
        Answer: ODLH "sacrificed" Lemieux for Canelo's sake...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Golovkin will surely call Ward out, after he concludes his business at 160... But it isn't clear that Ward will be "ready", as he wasn't ready in 2014 when he ducked GGG. The only reason why Ward "called out" GGG this year was that WBC ordered GGG as mandatory for the Cotto's WBC strap... No brainer for a 10 years old child.
          If the 2nd part of your paragraph is a no-brainer , then the legitimate reason why Ward "ducked" GGG in the past should be a no-brainer as well ; contract restraints and surgery. Maybe common sense isn't as common for u as u might think it is if your calling that a duck .

Comment

The only guys ducking GGG is Peter Quillin, and Daniel Jacobs. The Canelo-Cotto winner will be the lineal MW champ and should fight GGG shortly after that, and I believe that will happen.

This notion that GGG is being ducked by everyone is a fallacy. Canelos last fight was at 154.5, Cottos last fight he weighed 153.5...what did GGG weigh in on his last fight? Exactly.

When GGG can make it down to 155 he can catch that fade, by either Cotto or Canelo. Until then he will wait in line, and wait his turn like a good boy.
            Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 08-31-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
              I'm glad Lemieux took fight it can only go up from there with his competition now gotta hope lee beat Saunders and triple G can grab that belt more and more you here Oscar talk you can see WBC belt getting dropped for rematch for vacant WBC belt at 154 with cotto when WBC finally strips Floyd at convention in December
              I think the real issue here is that no one really cares about Quillin's duck moves because no body believes Quillin can beat GGG anyway . For me at least , highly predictable fights are the worst , I wanna see GGG/WARD because although I think Ward will win , I still think its a highly competitive fight for both which could go either way . No so much with Quillin or Lee , but Canelo may be able to give him some go too

Comment

Really sick of this excuse. If you can't get the fights, either move up, or chase the belts until you are the mandatory.

I really feel they are comfortable in their spot of fighting C-B level opposition while getting million dollar pay days, and claiming no one will fight them. Its getting old, and people are starting to catch on.

Comment

i would think the hbo exclusive deal has more to do with it then hes leading on. i doubt ggg would fight on pbc to make a fight happen even if he got more money. at the end of the day hbo exclusive deals kill a lot of fights which turn into "ducks"

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Fans should criticize the people not fighting GGG, but most fans, especially here on NSB, are used to criticizing the guy being avoided rather than the fighters doing the avoiding.
                    I think the real issue here is that no one really cares about Quillin's duck moves because no body believes Quillin can beat GGG anyway . For me at least , highly predictable fights are the worst , I wanna see GGG/WARD because although I think Ward will win , I still think its a highly competitive fight for both which could go either way . No so much with Quillin or Lee , but Canelo may be able to give him some go too

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      people actually want to see lee vs ggg?

Comment

Working...
                      X