Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Fans Should Criticize Fighters Ducking Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't even describe how much I hate overuse of the word 'ducking'.

It's like a few years ago everything was called 'hipster'. **** off.

Comment

it's true. absurdly, ggg gets more flack for not fighting above his natural weightclass than fighters in his own weightclass get for refusing to fight him

fights like ggg-ward and rigo-loma are luxury fights. although they would be nice, they don't have to happen because in both cases one fighter (i.e. the smaller one) would be taking a disproportionate amount of risk. and this also applies to ward-kovalev. i actually think that if they were the same size, ward would win, but in actual reality i have to lean towards kovalev
      Last edited by NEETzsche; 08-31-2015, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
        last time i checked. cotto nor alvared are middleweights. GGG is a coward simple and plain. he'll fight chavez jr and froch at 168 butWard at 164. thats a duck
        Last time I checked Cotto is the Lineal and WBC Middleweight champion and Canelo hasnt fought at the 154 limit since Floyd.

Comment

Yes, fans should. It drives me crazy how people criticize Golovkin's competition out one side of their mouth yet make a hundred excuses why no one should fight him out the other. The same people who criticize everyone under the sun for not fighting Rigondeaux. Of course, many Golovkin defenders criticize Rigondeaux so it goes both way.

Long story short, boxing fans are idiots and hypocrites who need to get their heads out of their asses and use the same standards for everyone. Yes, Golovkin could move up and fight Ward. That's one fight, though. He's tried to get a lot of good fights and those potential opponents are the ones who don't want it. They are the ones to blame for Golovkin's competition, not Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            it's true. absurdly, ggg gets more flack for not fighting above his natural weightclass than fighters in his own weightclass get for refusing to fight him

fights like ggg-ward and rigo-loma are luxury fights. although they would be nice, they don't have to happen because in both cases one fighter (i.e. the smaller one) would be taking a disproportionate amount of risk. and this also applies to ward-kovalev. i actually think that if they were the same size, ward would win, but in actual reality i have to lean towards kovalev
            It makes zero sense.

"Golovkin is overrated because he hasn't fought Quillin or Jacobs and he hasn't won a belt from a champion! Why should they fight him when he hasn't fought anyone?"

How can anyone type that and not realize how ****** it is?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It makes zero sense.

"Golovkin is overrated because he hasn't fought Quillin or Jacobs and he hasn't won a belt from a champion! Why should they fight him when he hasn't fought anyone?"

How can anyone type that and not realize how ****** it is?
              i saw one guy actually gloating about the fact that golovkin had been avoided by his fellow middleweight titlists the other day. how can a boxing fan think it's funny that the best middleweight in the world can't convince the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best to get in the ring with him and allow him to demonstrate his talent for all of us to see? if the boxing business wasn't total bull****, golovkin would have sturm, quillin and martinez (at least!) on his record already

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                last time i checked. cotto nor alvared are middleweights. GGG is a coward simple and plain. he'll fight chavez jr and froch at 168 butWard at 164. thats a duck
                Cotto and Alvarez both fought their last 2,3 fights above SMW, now what division is higher than 154 but lower than 168, hmm

JMW = 147.1-154

MW = 154.1-160

Fighters can chose to come in what they like , what matters is the limit that they are fighting at, and Cotti/Canelo havent fought at 54 or below in their recent 2,3 fights

GGG accepted Froch and Chavez's offers of 168 because he is the B-side to them whereas,
                GGG is asking for 164 because he is the A-side to Ward, So why should he give the weight advantage to the B-side???

Now if GGG had already fought at least once at 168 then I would've object and thats the difference with PBF and GGG, PBF already fought multiple times above 147 which is LMW(147.1-154) thats why GGG-Floyd should be at 154.

Besides Ward was ready to come down to 160 for PBF So 164 shouldnt be a problem for him.

Ward is a **** because,
                ward said anyone from 168-175 3 years ago, then when kova called him out he backed out like

a biitch. also keep in mind ward fought at 178 in Olympics.AND comes in 185 at fight night

in the Pros.

Its the 15th paragraph, ward said anyone from 168-175
                http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ard-bout-works

Here are three occasions where Kovalev/team called ward out,

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalevs-...-us-175--84151

http://thaboxingvoice.com/duva-says-...r/24123?var=no

Its the 6th question
                http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/john...golovkin-spar/

So WARDOS, you guys remember GGG's 154-168 but chose to forget Ward's 168-175 + He said he will be HW champ by age 32

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Yes, fans should. It drives me crazy how people criticize Golovkin's competition out one side of their mouth yet make a hundred excuses why no one should fight him out the other. The same people who criticize everyone under the sun for not fighting Rigondeaux. Of course, many Golovkin defenders criticize Rigondeaux so it goes both way.

Long story short, boxing fans are idiots and hypocrites who need to get their heads out of their asses and use the same standards for everyone. Yes, Golovkin could move up and fight Ward. That's one fight, though. He's tried to get a lot of good fights and those potential opponents are the ones who don't want it. They are the ones to blame for Golovkin's competition, not Golovkin.
                  Golovkin will surely call Ward out, after he concludes his business at 160... But it isn't clear that Ward will be "ready", as he wasn't ready in 2014 when he ducked GGG. The only reason why Ward "called out" GGG this year was that WBC ordered GGG as mandatory for the Cotto's WBC strap... No brainer for a 10 years old child.

Comment

Fans should criticize the people not fighting GGG, but most fans, especially here on NSB, are used to criticizing the guy being avoided rather than the fighters doing the avoiding.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Golovkin will surely call Ward out, after he concludes his business at 160... But it isn't clear that Ward will be "ready", as he wasn't ready in 2014 when he ducked GGG. The only reason why Ward "called out" GGG this year was that WBC ordered GGG as mandatory for the Cotto's WBC strap... No brainer for a 10 years old child.
                      You would have a valid point if ward actually fought in 2014 but he fought nobody was out with contract problems and surgery but nice try

Comment

Working...
                      X