Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd talks about how Rogers health influenced his retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is sad to see. I was only a kid when Roger fought and have only watched one or two of his fights so i don't know how much punishment he took in his career but it's sad to see it has affected him this much and at an relatively early age.

I guess it might also have a lot to do with genes and predisposition, some guys like Jake La Motta, George Chuvalo, Julio Caesar Chavez who took lot of punishment dosen't seem to be affected mentally. I hope Roger dosen't deteriorate further and maybe can get some kind of help and support.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Thats why i have him on ignore
      Its all good, youre a horrible poster urself. I speak the turth u live the TBE fantasy world threatening ppl on tweeter defending floyd. keyboard warrior.

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
      Go find ONE goddamn post of someone calling Roach a ****** for having Parkinson's.

You're pathetic.
      Markman replied with the answer u are looking for. Its only pathetic cause its about ur hero

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Man this ain't a thread for another Team Floyd v Team Manny ***** fight. Save it for another thread. It's about a sick guy and people giving their best wishes and showing some respect. That's all.
      I did showed respect. If u have mayweathers reading ability you can re read my post. You can "start over" so u dont sound dumb (lol). I just expose fanboys and double standards. Nobody likes hear truth and thats what i do.

Comment

"You breaking that hoe down, don't worry they gon rescuse that motherfücker, get that hook in there, he need that, that's for the road, punish dat ass" ~ Roger Mayweather in the Hatton fight, one of the funniest things ive heard a trainer say, sad how fast he deterioreted since then at such a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
          This is sad to see. I was only a kid when Roger fought and have only watched one or two of his fights so i don't know how much punishment he took in his career but it's sad to see it has affected him this much and at an relatively early age.

I guess it might also have a lot to do with genes and predisposition, some guys like Jake La Motta, George Chuvalo, Julio Caesar Chavez who took lot of punishment dosen't seem to be affected mentally. I hope Roger dosen't deteriorate further and maybe can get some kind of help and support.
          That is true. Although LaMatta did slur his words after he retired but never suffered dementia and Chavez does seem to be slurring his words slightly but Chavez also did a lot of drugs.

Comment

Scary how fast the mind can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
              "You breaking that hoe down, don't worry they gon rescuse that motherfücker, get that hook in there, he need that, that's for the road, punish dat ass" ~ Roger Mayweather in the Hatton fight, one of the funniest things ive heard a trainer say, sad how fast he deterioreted since then at such a young age.
              LOL,i remember that..classic Roger

Comment

I wish Mayweather would have dropped Roger entirely and stuck with Sr., Roger is slower on the mitts and he can't keep up, he doesn't even test out Mayweather's reflexes the way he used to. Roger at his best,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ge4HNrnmUQ

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  I wish Mayweather would have dropped Roger entirely and stuck with Sr., Roger is slower on the mitts and he can't keep up, he doesn't even test out Mayweather's reflexes the way he used to. Roger at his best,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ge4HNrnmUQ
                  He addresses that in the video.

He says Roger barely remembers any of the combinations now and it's only getting worse.

I noticed that a few fights ago.

He only keeps Roger around because Roger has been there with Floyd from day 1 of his Pro career and despite what people say taught him a whole lot. He owes Roger a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He addresses that in the video.

He says Roger barely remembers any of the combinations now and it's only getting worse.

I noticed that a few fights ago.

He only keeps Roger around because Roger has been there with Floyd from day 1 of his Pro career and despite what people say taught him a whole lot. He owes Roger a lot.
                    Mayweather would know more than me but that seems like a determent to Mayweather's success, Sr. has such a competitive nature that he will not only keep up with Mayweather, he'll actually challenge him. I know that for Guerrero, Canelo and Maidana I & II I've seen him express his discontent by yelling at Roger when Roger can't keep up, I want him to switch to Sr. on the mitts for this last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      Mayweather would know more than me but that seems like a determent to Mayweather's success, Sr. has such a competitive nature that he will not only keep up with Mayweather, he'll actually challenge him. I know that for Guerrero, Canelo and Maidana I & II I've seen him express his discontent by yelling at Roger when Roger can't keep up, I want him to switch to Sr. on the mitts for this last one.
                      That would be good but it definitely won't happen.

I'm not sure who came up with those combinations but my guess would be Roger and Floyd. It would be cool though to see Jr and Sr on the pads.

Comment

Working...
                      X