Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd talks about how Rogers health influenced his retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those speculating about diabetes or alzheimer's being the cause, well diabetes is very closely linked with alzheimer's because diabetes damages the blood vessels which feed the nerves and cells in your body. So i think his brain cells have because starved of what they need to operate due to damaged blood vessels, hence the outcome being somewhat similar to alzheimer's.

the harsh reality is that there's no real way back from these types of illnesses. But no matter what you think of their family, they all seem pretty close so i'm sure he will get the best care possible to make him as comfortable as possible. I wish him all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      I told you guys this was the reason he was trying to leave the sport. Cause he did not want to end up like his Uncle. His dad already said the reason why he wanted to leave. Floyd be been hurt his last 3 fights regardless of the Win. He been hit with big shots his last three fights. And a record is not important when your health is on the line idc of much money can be generated. If I was Floyd beat Berto Knock him out you already gave fans a good fight with Maidana 1. No need to go out there and put on a show, get the job done and retire.
      That's true.

And these are guys like Maidana x2 and Pacquaio. Not exactly soft ounchers.

Really in the last 5 years the only guys he's fought who can't really punch hard is Guererro.

Comment

You could tell he was close to tears. The dark side of boxing and why they are quick to throw fighters to the wayside when their career is over.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          The scary thing is that Roger is only 54.
          this, my grandma is suffering the same, but she is 93, and it started like 3 or 4 years ago. not at 54. this is really sad.

Comment

That's sad to hear, Roger is probably the only Mayweather I like. He's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingLegend89' View Post
              Dont tell me u havent seen in this forum ppl form yall fanbase making fun of freddies parkinson.. You gonna deny it? Im not saying it was you tho, the world doesnt revolve around you.
              Stop lying. People have been referring to the Mayweather's as crackheads for yrs and both of them are sick af. Roach has always been babysat by everyone because of his illness. Only recently have we started going in on that ol ******ed cook and he deserves it. He is a robotic jerk!

The Mayweather's are harmless adorable old men who talk trash. I could hang with them before I hang with Roach. He is a personalityless stiff!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingLegend89' View Post
                Dont tell me u havent seen in this forum ppl form yall fanbase making fun of freddies parkinson.. You gonna deny it? Im not saying it was you tho, the world doesnt revolve around you.
                Take that **** elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  That is really sad to hear. I've always liked Roger, from the day he stepped in the ring when Zab committed that low blow. Just seems like a person true to himself and a genuinely good guy, if not a bit warped. It's this part of the sport that's hard to explain to others.
                  Should of been a DQ and you know it

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                    Should of been a DQ and you know it
                    The decision for a DQ is at the ref's discretion. Fail. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      Man this ain't a thread for another Team Floyd v Team Manny ***** fight. Save it for another thread. It's about a sick guy and people giving their best wishes and showing some respect. That's all.
                      Thats why i have him on ignore

Comment

Working...
                      X